Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where a vegetarian can dine in Naas?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

as above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ronan6700

In a field...
    maggege wrote: »
    as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Most of the restaurants do something veggie. What type of food are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Any Italian, Chinese, Indian restaurants will have a huge choice of vegetarian options. M&S simply food is great for home dining options.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Il Fico in Naas and Kilcullen is much loved by vegetarians I have dined with.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gateshead

Il fico is very poor for vegetarian.At least it was a few weeks back.choice was poor.

I find it hard to find good veg restaurants in kildare, i usual just go to dublin which of course can be a hassle.
    Tha hanged mans in Milltown is very good if you explain to the waiter/waitress. They will go out of their way to make something up.expensive though.
    If you come across any more please post.I'd love more choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 maggege

Thanks for posting :)

The reason I asked is that I want to invite someone who is vegetarian for a dinner. I am not vegetarian so I really have no idea where is the best/good place in Naas. I have checked couple of menus that few restaurants published online and not all serve 2 veg course meal (starter and main). At least according to their websites.

But as you are saying any restaurant will have something veg what is the place that you could recommend in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Las Rada Wine and Tapas Bar is very nice. I've eaten there in a group of meat eaters and vegetarians, and everyone came away happy (and a bit tipsy). Lovely atmosphere, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggege

Thank you LostinKildare! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Definitely second Las Radas. Absolutely great atmosphere and a good food choice. One of my fav place in Naas. Great for a date too as it's all shared food and very social way of eating. Casual enough to have a great laugh and a conversation but still special. :)

Also the Maharajah at the top of the town has a lot of choice for veggies. Not just the usual veggie side dishes.

As a veg I would avoid Tenors like the plague, it was actually insulting how little effort they put into their veggie food. Then the poorly prepared tomato sauce pasta (the only option for veggies) was covered in parmasan so had to be sent back. Granted I was only there once, maybe they've improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

My wife is vegetarian and loves il fico. Cant recommend their food enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement