Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!

• 15-06-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hey guys how is things? :)...i got 2 male dogs that are getting in heat and i want to stop them from jumping on one other:p...i was just wondering is there any spay that can stop or provent them for doin so!! maybe they sell online or even at the pet store..ive heard of a spray that is called bitch spray or something like that! but would that work on male dogs as opposed to what its for female dogs

any advice would be great cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Male dogs dont go into heat ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry, but as Tilly said, male dogs dont go into heat. Is it def males you have??
    If they are humping each other then its just dominance. If they arent neutered then i suggest you get one of them done at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Gay dogs? That's a new one for me.:D:D

gay-dog_goldberg.jpg

The only time male dogs "mount" each other is when they are young and playing or else trying to make the other submit and accept a lower place in the hierarchy. Just leave them to it and they'll sort it out between themselves.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

ah i just thought you could get a spray or something to stop them...yes heat what else would you call it ha..almost every male dog does this i just though there might be something to provent but ya its not always they do it..its just every now and then..cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes, NEUTER them, that will stop them from displaying this behaviour. How old are your dogs?

You could run into big trouble with 2 entire dogs when they mature so be very careful.

Its not heat, the female goes into "Heat" or season every 6 months or so. If your dogs are male they are just being dominant and humping each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement