Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 on XBOX 360 1080p vs 720p

Options
  • 15-06-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Firstly, does the xbox upscale BF3 content to produce 1080p or does the 360 version of BF3 support 1080p???

Secondly, has anyone seen any major differences for BF3 on the 360 for the following scenarios:

Using HDMI for 1080p
    Using HDMI for 720p
    Using component for 720p

I'm using an LED LCD 32" FULL HD tv.

The reason I'm asking is because I was playing Close Quarters last night and couldn't get over how bad some parts of the map looked. I was using component at 720p. It really looked terrible at some points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Ok I was experimenting with HDMI and component and BF3 looks much better on the full HD LED tv at 1080p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It really shouldn't look that much better at all. The game is rendered in 704p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I'm using an LED LCD 32" FULL HD tv.
    It's both LED and LCD? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Decryptor wrote: »
    It's both LED and LCD? :D

It's LCD, LED backlit.

Sorry meant LG LED Full HD, using HDMI and setting the Xbox display to 1080p produces a a much nicer image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Screw the image. Does playing at 1080 introduce any extra input lag? Far more important question.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Your not playing at anything other than 704p its just scaled to 1080 or 720 if im not mistaking. The difference if any will be very small and unnoticeable, however if u saying it looks better on your new tv against your last tv well that's the tv not the resolution ur playing at.

I've been using the same TV for the last 16 months, there is no input lag and the game looks 100 times better when using HDMI set at 1080p vs component at 720p. Loads of other players on the EA forums have confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

thats the cable making the difference try 720 with your HDMI cable and 1080 there wont be much difference.

PS Your Xbox signal is originally digital. if you use composite cables, your xbox converts the signal into composite and sends it to your TV. If your TV is HD, it will try to put it back into digital signal

But if u use a HDMI cable the signal remains digital so no need to convert and no loss of signal or quality

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I've been using the same TV for the last 16 months, there is no input lag and the game looks 100 times better when using HDMI set at 1080p vs component at 720p. Loads of other players on the EA forums have confirmed this.

What TV is it? Very few TVs have no input lag.

• Advertisement

Its a LG LED Full HD 32". I haven't checked 720p using the HDMI but I agree that you will not see many if any difference and I also agree that its the cable making the difference, its just a pain switching over to component for my HD-PVR because I definitely notice a difference in the quality of whats being displayed.

So unless I'm recording footage for my youtube channel I will be using HDMI.

Advertisement