Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this house over priced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

lovely house,

bit to modern for my liking tho:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Without any shadow of a doubt.... YES!

Take it as a given that nation wide, every property is over priced. Long way to go yet despite what the Indo will try and tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

lovely house but overpriced and a bit out of the way to any amenities but wow lovely house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Interior designer did a good job in making it look nice but that doesn't mean it isn't over priced.
    There are 3 bed detached houses in Kilmeaden on an acre of land on Daft so considering this is a semi-d then this is most certainly over priced in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Definitely-at least e50k overpriced.
    If you really like it-hold tight and watch the prices fall over the coming months. If you have that type of budget-buy yourself a nice detached house 3/4 bed with a garage and decent sized garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yes.

And the interior looks like something Neville Knot or any of his proteges would do!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

Yes overpriced. A house like this would rent for about 800 at a guess. Worth no more than 150k.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Any thoughts, we have our house in Kildare for sale 4 years now, not even an offer, its a detached 4 bed in an ok estate, very well kept etc....but will it ever sell, looking circa €215 for it, great house to start with, but are people now considering purchasing, or will we all not be able to move for another few years, I think this year is the year, but I could be wrong...any thoughts......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Speaking personally, I wouldn't be buying a house like you describe yours to be for over 120,000 euro anywhere in Ireland unless it was located in a mature and affluent area of Dublin. I believe the intrinsic value lies a little above there, and that the market will overshoot on the way down as on the way up.
    I wish you luck pursuing your sale and dream of moving.
    The one in the OP is nice but poorly located from my pov. I'd be ultimately expecting it to hit under 90K at 2013 euro value, but that could be a few years off yet.

Advertisement