Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do taxis do baby car seats?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Do taxis have car seats for children in Dublin? We have an infant with us and we are travelling by train but will need a taxi. reason I posted here is because we are going this evening. really need a fast response. Someone told me they did do them but I'd like to be sure to be sure.

Jam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Ring one of the main taxi companies, book a cab and inform them that you require one.

They will provide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Never saw a baby seat in a taxi yet though maybe they keep them in the boot for people who request them. Most babies bring their own these days on trains and buses........ Sorry, not much help

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

Ring this guy: http://www.childfriendlytaxi.ie

He has a big car/minibus thing with several types of child seats. I've used him before & he's the business:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

They do but I think you have to call in advance and ask for one.
    They don't just drive around with them in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

useless wrote: »
    Ring this guy: http://www.childfriendlytaxi.ie

He has a big car/minibus thing with several types of child seats. I've used him before & he's the business:-)

Thanks thats excellent. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭emmiou

Re: Childfriendlytaxis - I've used him before a few times for airport runs and he is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Not too keen on this bit though
    I mainly operate in the following areas

(min airport transfer is €25 not including toll charges)

(min local run is €15)

Not legit unless you get a pre waiver form signed off agreeing to pay more than the meter reads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If he's only doing set price fares he's a hackney, not a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since the initial urgency of the OP has passed I've moved this "taxi in Dublin" thread to Dublin city from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

you get more reaction from the taxi hating crowd on AH though

• Advertisement
Advertisement