Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAD Electrical storm now over Ukraine live on ITV NOW

• 15-06-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Players taken off the pitch at Ukraine/French game - Unbelieveable live pictures NOW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

vicwatson wrote: »
    Players taken off the pitch at Ukraine/French game - Unbelieveable live pictures NOW

Was just looking at it the lightning is incredible and some of the heaviest rain ive ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's bombing it down, never saw such rain either, heavy heavy rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Never got the fascination with thunder storms . Until now ....WOW

Pitch is flooded.

Anywhere online I can look at these lightning strikes?

I have a link for one for GB and Ireland, is there one for mainland Europe??

My god what i would'nt give for a storm like that right now. But at least we get to see it anyway

• Advertisement

Looks like the northeast of England is getting hockeyed too at the moment with T&L

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd love to know what sort of rain intensity they had? Su...one for you! :)

Lightning is mad! In terms of frequency.

Looks like the northeast of England is getting hockeyed too at the moment with T&L

Hopefully a bit of it comes our way later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Was T. Henri playing?

Just sayin ... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just turned on the tv to watch the game and Dunphy was on talking about the media, was wondering what happened, never seen a big game abandoned because of a thunderstorm before!

Hopefully it'll be shown on the highlights later

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Just turned on the tv to watch the game and Dunphy was on talking about the media, was wondering what happened, never seen a big game abandoned because of a thunderstorm before!

Hopefully it'll be shown on the highlights later

Think it was because trappitoni said the players were crippled with fear and brady was saying the media get together before a conference to decide what questions to ask like a witch hunt so they only ask bad ones

Equivalent of this for Europe ?? -

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Game coming back on but apparentely still Lightning around the stadium.

Weather from Ukrainian Weather service

Day Mainly cloudy, light rain, storm Mainly cloudy, light rain, storm +30+86 73729983

N

45 +26

Light rain LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here are the METARs for Donetsk, showing regular updates every few minutes, and visibility falling to as low as 350 m in the space of 8 minutes...right when the game was abandoned. The temperature also fell from 28 to 18 °C in an hour.

151608Z 24018G28MPS 0350 R26/P2000D +TSRA BKN007 BKN030CB 19/17 Q1013 26290340 TEMPO VRB17G25MPS 0300 +TSRAGR SQ BKN002 BKN015CB=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Equivalent of this for Europe ?? -

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Sat24.com does good sferics for the European region (click on 'lightning' tab on bottom right of image)

http://www.sat24.com/en/ru

Strikes over eastern Europe in the 2 hours up to 1930 UTC; match was probably just over by this time but gives a good idea to where those storms were concentrated:

Rus.gif

(from sat.24)

Those storms were triggered off by a passing cold front over the region. Surface analysis chart for 18 UTC today (from AWN)

209106.png

Edit: another video clip of the storm that delayed match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4k2ORpWrPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

More like a surveillance video on the woman with the umbrella :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

According to the sports commentator in the video above, the weather at the match was similar to that experienced on a normal day in western Scotland...

I don't think so Mr. Sports Commentator!! :p

According to the sports commentator in the video above, the weather at the match was similar to that experienced on a normal day in western Scotland...

I don't think so Mr. Sports Commentator!! :p

I think a hint of sarcasm in there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

A man was killed when lightning apparently struck his mobile phone while he was talking on it.

Google translation

Meanwhile, in western Ukraine... :)

6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Not sure if this one was posted up, but sky after lightning storm showing mammatus clouds illuminated by setting sun.

000607a7-960.jpg

Advertisement