Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halo reach achievements...

Options
  • 15-06-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

I am having trouble unlocking some of the newer achievements. the defiant ones especially. I read that they are glitched and can only be unlocked in custom games but the gametypes are not available to download any more I dont think.

Anyone know what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

The only thing I could think of would be to get as many of your online friends together as possible and go into matchmaking with them. I am currently located a good distance from my xbox, so I can't help but I hope the advice does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

none of my friends play halo unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Well I have one or two of them and I got them in matchmaking.
    I have had acheivements glitch on me before though so my only advice would be to keep on trying and hope for the best.

I should hopefully be back online in about two weeks, if you are still having problems then I'll give you my gamertag and give you a hand.

Don't really need an excuse to play Halo at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

what achievements in particular? As far as I know, the most recent achievements can't be obtained via custom games (the noble map achievements could be though). The achievements aren't glitched in normal matchmaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

The above is correct, I recently got all the map packs in order to 100% the game, got all but 1 or 2, they all popped fine once done correctly.

• Advertisement

I've got all achievements legit, except the stupid last man standing one on a defiant map, it's impossible to get a full lobby in infection with everyone having the maps. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I have all the campaign achievements except for the one where you must assassinate an elite to survive a fall. Is it glitched for anyone else? It's annoying cause it's the last achievement I need

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I have all the campaign achievements except for the one where you must assassinate an elite to survive a fall. Is it glitched for anyone else? It's annoying cause it's the last achievement I need

It's not glitched, you're just doing it wrong. You're holding sprint too long in the air. So by the time sprint ends, the fall alone won't kill you. This achievement is also possible to get on "tip of the spear", but it's too awkward. It took me about 40 tries to get it on the last level though. I know people that tried about 150 times before they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got it pretty easy. just youtubed it when the game came out. Have managed to get a good few of the anniversary achievements. The defiant ones are near impossible to get because you never get the gametypes up to play like infection or stockpile or anything.

Advertisement