Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

After seeing this in the morning but looking at reviews for it during the day and while not spectacular, it's exactly what I am looking at for the price so ordered one along with an android mini-pc I wanted. Going to get stung for customs as larger package but can't see it being too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

After seeing this in the morning but looking at reviews for it during the day and while not spectacular, it's exactly what I am looking at for the price so ordered one along with an android mini-pc I wanted. Going to get stung for customs as larger package but can't see it being too much.

Was looking at one of those mini-pcs as well, We have a small flatscreen tv in the kitchen that would suit it...

Next month!!

giftgrub wrote: »
    Was looking at one of those mini-pcs as well, We have a small flatscreen tv in the kitchen that would suit it...

Next month!!

Should have mine for the month after ;)

Off topic but yeah couldn't resist as was going to order off another Chinese shop anyway. Got the UG802 Android 4.0.4 Dual Core Rockchip 3066 as was thinking about the MK802 but this had Dual Core, 1GB RAM and 4GB Mem for not much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone tried to flash a custom Rom to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

stevire wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going to get stung with customs. Anybody else get stung? Also, any idea how they calculate the charges?

I did the above, so hopefully it speeds up the process!

Steve, will you give us a run down on this when you get it. Mad into buying one (Ainol Fire/Flame) but am afraid that it will turn out to have problems and I need it for a Christmas present so can do without any hassle.

Please lets know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

vicwatson wrote: »
    So are you just paying VAT & Clearance based on the $25.00 ?

Excise duty is based on the paypal receipt of €145. €39 euro duty due on it.
    Steve, will you give us a run down on this when you get it. Mad into buying one (Ainol Fire/Flame) but am afraid that it will turn out to have problems and I need it for a Christmas present so can do without any hassle.

Please lets know how you get on.

It's due to be delivered this morning so I'll get back tomorrow when I have a good go at it tonight. I plan on flashing the ROM to Flambe pretty much as soon as I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I just bought this from Argos for €120.

CnM 7 Inch Touchpad

Seems solid, fast enough etc and you can connect to your TV

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5088656/Trail/searchtext%3ETABLET+7.htm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WQ9YxZaieY
    http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/5088656/reviews.htm

theres also a 9 inch one for another 30 euros

It's due to be delivered this morning so I'll get back tomorrow when I have a good go at it tonight. I plan on flashing the ROM to Flambe pretty much as soon as I get it

Cheers for that, be interested to hear.

Sure it's not VAT? I thought they were rated at 0% for duty:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Once the taxman gets his greasy paws on it, does it really matter which black hole your money goes into?

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Once the taxman gets his greasy paws on it, does it really matter which black hole your money goes into?

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

• Advertisement

Sorry yeah you are correct:
    Customs Duty - € 0.00
    VAT @ 23% - € 33.46
    An Post Fee - € 6.00

To update on the tablet, I played with it out of the box for 30mins and the touchscreen went dead. From reading the forums I should have updated to a more recent FW straight away without turning it on. There's a bug in the older FW which causes an overload to the touchscreen blowing some of it's components. It came with FW 815qm, I've since updated to 921 and 930 but no joy. In touch with the seller now to get it returned.

Anyone know if you have to pay VAT again for replacement unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Ordered the following from geekbuying
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/7-Inch-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-Capacitive-4GB-AllWinner-A13-Q88-1-2GHz-WIFI-Camera-Black-305216.html

Just trying to track the delivery through the sc.hongkongpost.com site but not having much luck. Has anyone else been able to track their deliveries via this site.

Thanks

Sorry yeah you are correct:
    Customs Duty - € 0.00
    VAT @ 23% - € 33.46
    An Post Fee - € 6.00

To update on the tablet, I played with it out of the box for 30mins and the touchscreen went dead. From reading the forums I should have updated to a more recent FW straight away without turning it on. There's a bug in the older FW which causes an overload to the touchscreen blowing some of it's components. It came with FW 815qm, I've since updated to 921 and 930 but no joy. In touch with the seller now to get it returned.

Jeez Steve sorry to hear that. That news has deffo put my order on hold, I've read about so many problems with this unit and apparently the 2nd generation is ok? Was yours a 2nd gen?

Is it even possible to update the firmware without turning it on, you should have been informed of this by the seller pre purchase?

Are you required to pay for the return of the unit - I wouldn't?

On more VAT issue, I think as it's a replacement they'll issue an invoice showing a value of €0.00 so you might just have to pay for the clearance - €6.00. Might be worth throwing off an e-mail to dmc@revenue.ie to clairfy the situation but I don't think you'll have to pay VAT again.

Cork Exile wrote: »
    Ordered the following from geekbuying
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/7-Inch-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-Capacitive-4GB-AllWinner-A13-Q88-1-2GHz-WIFI-Camera-Black-305216.html

Just trying to track the delivery through the sc.hongkongpost.com site but not having much luck. Has anyone else been able to track their deliveries via this site.

Thanks

I think in general you cannot start tracking till in come into the An Post system, so you just have to keep an eye on it.

Well I've been tracking my order...today i get this message.

01-Oct-12 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12, ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS

Am I due to get stung?

Well I've been tracking my order...today i get this message.

01-Oct-12 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 12, ITEM SENT TO CUSTOMS

Am I due to get stung?

Yes, it will be €6.00 for customs clearance and VAT will have to be paid - that is the invoice price converted to Euro by the Customs rate of exchange, plus any shipping cost @ 23%.

Best e-mail them now with the invoice to avoid delays in delivery by An Post. You pay An Post on delivery for the clearance and VAT.

Jeez Steve sorry to hear that. That news has deffo put my order on hold, I've read about so many problems with this unit and apparently the 2nd generation is ok? Was yours a 2nd gen?

Is it even possible to update the firmware without turning it on, you should have been informed of this by the seller pre purchase?

Are you required to pay for the return of the unit - I wouldn't?

On more VAT issue, I think as it's a replacement they'll issue an invoice showing a value of €0.00 so you might just have to pay for the clearance - €6.00. Might be worth throwing off an e-mail to dmc@revenue.ie to clairfy the situation but I don't think you'll have to pay VAT again.

Yeah mine was second gen but was on an old firmware. It had the QM screen which made me think it was second gen, TM screen is the first gen afaik. The seller has sent me back a different FW, i've tried the two latest ones but didn't want to admit that to the seller, I'll reflash it with their recommended one and send it back.

Not sure if I have to pay for shipping back, probably will have to! I'll email revenue see what they say about a replacement unit, they could just think it's another way to get around having to pay the VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Yeah mine was second gen but was on an old firmware. It had the QM screen which made me think it was second gen, TM screen is the first gen afaik. The seller has sent me back a different FW, i've tried the two latest ones but didn't want to admit that to the seller, I'll reflash it with their recommended one and send it back.

Not sure if I have to pay for shipping back, probably will have to! I'll email revenue see what they say about a replacement unit, they could just think it's another way to get around having to pay the VAT.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but if this was the item you bought from Dealsprime (Chinagrabber), your problems are probably only beginning.

I think you can probably kiss your money goodbye as you will get no satisfaction from them, despite what they say in emails and on their website.

From their website:

Q: What is your Return / Repair Policy?

A: All Sales are final; Products come with a 1 year warranty. In the event an item needs to be repaired, please contact us a info@dealsprime.com and we will send you repair address. To see our full return policy click here

Rest assured China Grabber is managed by Westerners living in China so we place the highest importance on Quality Control; Also products are stringently tested before shipping out.

Best of luck with it, but if you pay for shipping it back to them you are probably only throwing good money away as they will deny receiving it or refuse it or return it to you as bad as when you sent it back.

Or you could send them a link to this thread and they might look after you to prove me wrong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

I got a refund on an item that I had to send back to America. You need to prove that you exported it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I bought 2 of theses.

1 works the others touch screen doesn't work. -- Any ideas ?

I've contacted the seller to ask them about it.

• Advertisement

NeVeR wrote: »
    I bought 2 of theses.

1 works the others touch screen doesn't work. -- Any ideas ?

I've contacted the seller to ask them about it.

Read through the last ten to fifteen pages of the thread as there are links to blogs and forums about the problems you've encountered. Once such forum is slatedroid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Read through the last ten to fifteen pages of the thread as there are links to blogs and forums about the problems you've encountered. Once such forum is slatedroid

Thanks.. But i've only got 12 pages ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Bought the tablet in the op. €48 from geekbuying. Slipped past customs. It's a bit laggy where flash is concerned, but the YouTube app runs perfectly. All I want it for is to use it as a jukebox, so I'm happy. Screen resolution is acceptable, and build quality feels good. Don't know what the battery is like, but I'm not concerned. Well worth the money.

NeVeR wrote: »
    Thanks.. But i've only got 12 pages ..

:confused:

If you've only got 12 pages then read the whole 12 pages then...

Jebus, no helping some people:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ronano

I couldn't find the previous recommendation for this tablet in the thread

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/202430587.html

Just wanted to say it in total came to 44 euro including 3.50 parcelmotel, i got two of them. One took 2 weeks to arrive and the other took 8 days, avoided customs/no hassle. It works grand for what i want it for (pdf,email,few vids)

Got mine yesterday....does the job just fine for the money. Might get another soon.

2 things, was anyone having issues using the facebook andriod app? I cant log on

also for future reference... how do you avoid customs?

Got mine yesterday....does the job just fine for the money. Might get another soon.

2 things, was anyone having issues using the facebook andriod app? I cant log on

Good to hear to its good value for money as still waiting on mine. How much was customs for yours? Did it delay arrival?

Don't think you can avoid customs, people just seem to be getting lucky. Also i think there was a couple people that had some facebook issues from a quick search of this thread but they were sorted.

hollands wrote: »
    Solved the facebook problem guys, just wondering about which shdc card now?

What did you do to solve it...I'm having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

Which one did you get, the one in the OP?

• Advertisement

m4r10 wrote: »

Which one did you get, the one in the OP?
    yeah that's the one.

Advertisement