Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large group walking by Childers road

• 15-06-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Was a pretty sizeable group of people walking on Childer's road earlier between the Tipperary road roundabout and the Parkway roundabout.

Many had bright tops and I would guess that there were maybe four or five dozen in the main group at the very least. Anyone know what the walk was for as they had no signs or anything that I could spot when driving by.

There was also a couple of gardai present for safety reasons with regards to traffic I presume, so it lookedlike an official walk as a result.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

A chain-gang :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It was a charity event by Dell staff for Make a Wish, a number of their staff walked from their Dublin office to the Limerick 1

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/walk_for_wishes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah and Red Bull were involved too. Passed them all earlier when I was out jogging. Was half thinking of running over to grab a medal and run off again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, it was the Dell Walk for Wishes charity event, around 5 employees left the Dell Cherrywood office in Co. Dublin) on Monday and walked 200km over 5 days to the Dell office in Raheen. A large number of other employees and their families/friends joined them for the last 10km of the walk today. Kudos to them, they raised alot of money for the Make A Wish Foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Fair play to them. Had no idea what it was about. Just spotted them briefly in passing and wondered what was going on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement