Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Glenomena

Options
  • 15-06-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Could some one please describe a typical kitchen setup in Glenomena? I could not judge for myself the layout from the pictures available online. Mostly I am just wondering if there is an oven and a range for cooking simple meals. I'm a postgraduate, and not too thrilled about the prospect of having to munch on university dining for a year, would much rather do my own cooking.

Also, is Glenomena the only residence that lets students live through the summer? I'll be at UCD for the summer of '13 writing my masters thesis.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

There's no oven. There's a stove with 4 rings, and a microwave, kettle, and toaster, and that's really it.

If you want an oven, you will have to get one of those countertop ovens, or a halogen oven - wouldn't be too expensive if you divided it between your housemates (6 people to an apartment in Glenomena) - Aldi/Lidl occasionally sell them cheaply!

There's also no dishwasher, so dishes have to be washed in the sink :)

And yes, as far as I know, Glenomena is the only one that lets students stay over the summer, houses 9 and 10 only (they're the newer ones). I could be wrong about this though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Timbuk3

Yeah thats all there is to Glenomena, I think Merville does contain ovens though but you must share 2 bathrooms between 4 housemates!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

We got a counter top oven for 30 quid in argos between the six of us so i wouldnt use that as a reason not to go for the glen. Definitely the best of the accommodation imo - expecially for a postgrad!

Advertisement