Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You, Eircom....

Options
  • 15-06-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi All...

Been having broadband problems, and Thursday of last week, the 7th, after a chat with a guy (name escapes me!) at Tech. Support, it was established that my modem was on it's last wires, and he'd a new one sent to me last Tues 12th...

Could get great signal if the modem was in the bedroom where I didn't want it, and no signal when it was in the hall where I DID want it!...

Phoned Tech. Support again on Tues., spoke to Michael... He was fantastic!.... He was a HUGE help... I'm a total technaphobe, and he talked me through everything... Still no luck in the hall...

He then said he'd get my line checked and get an engineer onto the problem... That engineer phoned this morning, and was at my home by ten am... He was a very pleasant man, and very tolerant of my technaphobia... After a few tests, he established that I'd a faulty phone socket in the hall... He replaced it, and I'm up and running again....

Thank you SO much to everyone involved, I really appreciate it... Oh the fault number given to me in relation to the issue is 4620219, should you need it!.....

Thanks again....

Darth....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Darthvadar wrote: »
    Hi All...

Been having broadband problems, and Thursday of last week, the 7th, after a chat with a guy (name escapes me!) at Tech. Support, it was established that my modem was on it's last wires, and he'd a new one sent to me last Tues 12th...

Could get great signal if the modem was in the bedroom where I didn't want it, and no signal when it was in the hall where I DID want it!...

Phoned Tech. Support again on Tues., spoke to Michael... He was fantastic!.... He was a HUGE help... I'm a total technaphobe, and he talked me through everything... Still no luck in the hall...

He then said he'd get my line checked and get an engineer onto the problem... That engineer phoned this morning, and was at my home by ten am... He was a very pleasant man, and very tolerant of my technaphobia... After a few tests, he established that I'd a faulty phone socket in the hall... He replaced it, and I'm up and running again....

Thank you SO much to everyone involved, I really appreciate it... Oh the fault number given to me in relation to the issue is 4620219, should you need it!.....

Thanks again....

Darth....

Hi Darthvadar,

I have passed this thread to my manager for the attention of faults and broadband support. We really appreciate you taking the time to come here and leave positive feedback. It helps just as much as the negatives (plus it makes us look good :D ) I'm glad things went so smoothly for you but if you have any future hassle you can get us here, on Twitter, the eircom forum or any of the telephone channels.

Thanks again

James

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Thanks James...

I did have a little blip on Sunday... Spoke to a geeky friend who suggested I turn off the modem for thirty seconds... Perfect solution!....

Appreciate all the help....

Darth...

Advertisement