Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Response After Interview

Options
  • 15-06-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi Everyone.

I had an interview for a job I really wanted and thought that I had performed well. It was my first interview in several years. The interviewer promised I would hear at the end of the next week but I didn't. I called a few days after i didnt hear back and was told the end of that week. I then heard nothing and called a week later. I was then told the interviewer would send an email letting all candidates know the outcome but that has not come either.

I gave up on the job after the first phone call but was surprised at the behaviour of the company, who are not a fly by night operation (I thought). I really wanted the job and thought I should show some initiative by calling to ask again and even to ask for feedback if I was not successful but I admit this has done a bit of a number on my head.

Is this standard practice now if you are unsuccessful? I'm not under any illusion about getting the job anymore but really am struck by the lack of well.......balls/manners.

Standard practice? Thanks for any insight. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It's not standard practice, but IME sadly, it's becoming a lot more common now.

I went for an interview a few months ago for a well-known software company. The interview was a complete waste of time as very soon it became apparent I was not the type of person they were looking for. Fair enough. I was treated with complete discourtesy throughout the process. Kept waiting without explanation nor apology and then rushed through the interview. Maybe they didn't have enough candidates to interview and that was why I was, I don't know.

A month went by. No feedback and no indication whether I got the job or not. I knew I hadn't, but as a courtesy I decided to e-mail the HR person and find out. I was treated as though I was a nuisance for even asking! Arrogant is the word I would use to describe the treatment I got.

I wouldn't sweat it OP as disappointing as it is. I look at it this way: I had a lucky escape. If that was how I was treated not working for them, then imagine what my treatment might be like if I did get the job...

I would give them one more call/-email. If you don't get a response, then that's your answer I'm afraid...

Advertisement