Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Game Challenge

• 15-06-2012 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

So i was on the train home tonight playing Rally King and I clear the last challenge...

Arino: "Well done you beat my challenge! Here's your next challenge..."

*fanfare* CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE UNLOCKED 'STAR PRINCE'!

Arino: "Wow! Star Prince! You've been dying to play this haven't you?

In my thoughts I sat there thinking "oh my God yes. Its the only reason I bought this damn game".

I was suddenly overcome by a tremendous sense of joy. I fired up Star Prince and it was everything I hoped it would be. Funny how the games script was written, knowing, that this is the game everyone wants to play.

Just wanted to share that. :o

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I haven't played enough of it to get to that stage, looking forward to it.
    I take it that Star Prince is a shmup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I haven't played enough of it to get to that stage, looking forward to it.
    I take it that Star Prince is a shmup?

Yes sir it is! I've been playing it constantly just so I can unlock Star Prince in freeplay mode.

No need to complete the game now, I have Star Prince. :)

By the way, I love reading the magazines too. They look like copies of Shooting Gameside!

So i spent about 4 hours playing this last night. Ridiculously brilliant game!

Has anyone cleared Guardia Quest yet? Where is the 4th floor with the big lad you're having a row with?

Is it the cave to the west of the village south of your gaf? Or is it over that little bridge north of your gaf?

If i go north my party is at LV 14/15 and gets creamed by the intimidating looking teenagers hanging around outside the shop there.

If i go south i get lost in the cave!

Updating the thread! :o

Completed 32/33 challenges. The last challenge is
    to complete every game
    ! I have only Haggleman left for this challenge. :)

Mission complete! All 33 challenges now finished 100%. What a brilliant game, thoroughly enjoyed it... even if Haggleman 1 is supremely annoying! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You'll have to get the even better sequel, only thing is it's only available in the original Klingon Japanese.
    Never got a Euro or US release, unfortunately.
    The games do take a jump into the 16bit era though.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You'll have to get the even better sequel, only thing is it's only available in the original Klingon Japanese.
    Never got a Euro or US release, unfortunately.
    The games do take a jump into the 16bit era though.

I'm learning Japanese so it will do as a learning tool. :)

I played the game literally all day to finish it. Supremely unhealthy but enjoyable! I'll definitely keep playing Star Prince. I hear Game Center CX 2 has Star Prince 2, a cool Caravan version of the game. Definitely going to try and find a copy next month. :)

Advertisement