Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Camps

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Snugglebuggle

A result of taking protein supplements + a high protein diet + a few drinks at the weekend and yes, it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

A result of taking protein supplements + a high protein diet + a few drinks at the weekend and yes, it is.

I presume you are getting all of this info from detailed studies you've done right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It doesn't. There is no scientific evidence of whey or high protein diets causing kidney issues in a healthy resistance trained person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

shizz wrote: »
    I for one think it is. I'm sure many can agree. Download his free book and have a read through it. Even at some of the success stories.

Thanks man. I just downloaded it. My routine is fast and loose so I don't have anything to lose by giving it a go. I like the sound of it. No BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Ingesting excessive amounts of creatine or protein, or anything for that matter, is definitely not good for you. Excessive amounts of protein, for example, will eventually lead to kidney failure. It's actually pretty common among men who take those powdered 'supplements' over long periods of time.

Proof please.

Shryke wrote: »
    I just had a peek at that Strong Lifts website. :o
    Is the program on show really worth a look in?
    I'm doing it about 3 months now. Breaking personal records every week. I really like it.
    Do as the program says, start light and increase weight each session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Mike87

Just to be clear on this. Seems a lot of people are slating natty building.

Natural isnt defined by what our country says is and isnt legal.

Natural as far as we are concerned is defined as what you would eat according to nature.

As in, you'll always be able to get fresh meat and fresh eggs. But something like whey? Where does the average person go for a few scoops of that if your living in say, some African tribe.

Natural body building will work. It just takes that bit more work and effort. But it can be done. And trust me, you'll be all the happier for it in the end.

Of course, if your looking to bulk up like Phil Heath then yeh, your probably not going to get very far without some supps.

I'm doing it about 3 months now. Breaking personal records every week. I really like it.

I find that I only really improved quickly in the squats and deadlift. My arms are still too weak for everything else. They've gotten bigger alright but still not improving quickly on the arm exercises.

Mike87 wrote: »

As in, you'll always be able to get fresh meat and fresh eggs. But something like whey? Where does the average person go for a few scoops of that if your living in say, some African tribe.

The local cheese maker

• Advertisement

shizz wrote: »

I find that I only really improved quickly in the squats and deadlift. My arms are still too weak for everything else. They've gotten bigger alright but still not improving quickly on the arm exercises.

Maybe your legs were under trained before you began, so they had more room to improve.

Maybe your legs were under trained before you began, so they had more room to improve.

Know I'd defo say the other way around. Or at least they were both as bad as each other haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Snugglebuggle

One of the academic journal articles I recently read was about a study on children and the effect of excessive protein intake on kidney function. This study showed that children with below average and average protein intake showed similar levels of healthy kidney function and average sized kidneys. In comparison, children with higher protein diets had larger kidneys. Smaller kidneys usually mean kidney disease. Larger kidneys mean that damage is occurring and will continue to occur over time. Average kidneys mean healthy kidneys, usually. When children who had larger kidneys had their protein intake reduced to average, their kidneys shrank back to average size and showed no evidence of damage occurring. I'm currently studying something unrelated to this but I have had to read a dozen academic articles on protein and kidney damage recently. I can't link to academic articles but I can give you any number of these examples that you would like. This is just one example, there are a good few more that involve adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

go live at mcdonald's
    skinny problem = sorted

go live at mcdonald's
    skinny problem = sorted

heart/liver problems = LOADS

Advertisement