Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best make up course?

• 15-06-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    im working in a salon (reception/promotions etc) and i really love it so im trying to broaden my skills. the girls have suggested a make up course (they say im good at applying so its maybe the way to go). i was looking into some but its such a minefield.. i thought maybe the ken boylan one? its intensive 2 day? has anyone any recommendations of their own or done this one? thanks for any tips..

* im also signed up to do a spray tan course and threading.. i really need to do courses that dont take long and that you can do without being a beautician as my main job is management... thanks again in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Hi all,
    im working in a salon (reception/promotions etc) and i really love it so im trying to broaden my skills. the girls have suggested a make up course (they say im good at applying so its maybe the way to go). i was looking into some but its such a minefield.. i thought maybe the ken boylan one? its intensive 2 day? has anyone any recommendations of their own or done this one? thanks for any tips..

* im also signed up to do a spray tan course and threading.. i really need to do courses that dont take long and that you can do without being a beautician as my main job is management... thanks again in advance;)

It depends if you're looking for the ITEC cert or not. I did a Module 1 course in Makeupfablicious which was expensive but you're going to get a cert at the end which is what most places will look for. Saying that, it seems like most counters are very sales orientated so if you have experience in sales you may be able to get away with a short course! Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hiya,
    thanks for that.. i looked up the course you did, it looks brilliant but im in the west so thats why the short courses suit me (i go to dublin every fortnight or so).. i own the business so id like a cert but dont need one iykwim.. thanks for the advice and i might do it at some stage:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭alainnbeauty

school of makeup in galway do short make up courses with certs , friend did one and said it was good.

http://www.schoolofmakeupartistry.com/

Advertisement