Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hobbit Book need info please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

The Hobbit is a single book, it's not very long so I'm not sure why it is being made into two films.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes, the hobbits is one book.

It's being made into two movies to ensure that the movie studio makes twice as much cash as they would for one movie. Hollywood likes sequels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

r3nu4l wrote: »

It's being made into two movies to ensure that the movie studio makes twice as much cash as they would for one movie. Hollywood likes sequels.

Im surprised the stopped with sequel and not go for the full trilogy :P Still more to like and enjoy ... unless they make a balls of it:cool: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

r3nu4l wrote: »

To be fair I think they couldnt have made it into one without cutting a lot out of it, however the first film will be a bit of a bore i fear:(

On the book however, IMO it was much much better than any of the LOTR books despite being a kids book:D

qwerty93 wrote: »
    To be fair I think they couldnt have made it into one without cutting a lot out of it, however the first film will be a bit of a bore i fear:(

On the book however, IMO it was much much better than any of the LOTR books despite being a kids book:D

was it a really a kids book? i just finished chapter one it read like a snow white and the 13 dwarfs so far :P:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

tonyheaney wrote: »
    was it a really a kids book? i just finished chapter one it read like a snow white and the 13 dwarfs so far :P:D

apparently so!, all the same its a bit heavier than Darby O Gill or The BFG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

qwerty93 wrote: »

My worry is that they're going to have to introduce original plot elements to make the first half more interesting. Rumours are that the film
    will follow Gandalf when he disappears to fight the Necromancer. Benedict Cumberbatch let slip in an interview that he would be voicing the Necromancer as well as Smaug, so there would appear to be something to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Clicked quote to reply to you and it revealed the spoiler! Lucky for me I have good will power and fast clicking skills!

I was simply going to say I can't wait for the movie and do not want any spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The Hobbit is being split in half because Jackson is adapting more than just the book. The Hobbit is a children's book, and the only film that could be made out of a direct adaptation would be a children's movie, which is not the route Jackson is taking - in fact he's stated in interviews that it will include material from other sources like the Lord of the Rings appendices and the History of Middle Earth series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

The Hobbit is being split in half because Jackson is adapting more than just the book. The Hobbit is a children's book, and the only film that could be made out of a direct adaptation would be a children's movie, which is not the route Jackson is taking - in fact he's stated in interviews that it will include material from other sources like the Lord of the Rings appendices and the History of Middle Earth series.

Glad to see someone understands something.

• Advertisement

in face the 2 parter has a third part its going to be a trilogy now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

tonyheaney wrote: »
    in face the 2 parter has a third part its going to be a trilogy now :rolleyes:

No, it's not. So far that's still only a rumour which Jackson himself said is "premature".

No, it's not. So far that's still only a rumour which Jackson himself said is "premature".

ITS meant to be from the appendage of the LOTR but time will tell

Advertisement