Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird Interview Invitation

• 15-06-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

My Friend who is a pharmacist has been invited to an interview in the Crowne Plaza by a man who came into his pharmacy. After asking about pharmacy related stuff, as you do, he then invited my friend for an interview in the Crowne Plaza Santry. He said he couldn't say who the company was, only that they were in 93 countries and they create a second income stream for people like Drs Solicitors etc. he said his wife or partner could come along too. My friend gave him his number and tonight he had a call from an Irish guy confirming the details.

I think this is really odd. I feel like he's being invited in to be conned or be indoctrinated into a cult.

Anyone else think this is weird. The secrecy etc. I don't believe his coming into the pharmacy was an accident. Something smells.

Opinions please?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Accident? Of course not, he is going into pharmacys trying to sign them up to some class of get rich quick scheme, or franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

maybe its one of those Eyes Wide Shut parties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Smells of scam alright. Tell him to leave the credit cards/bank account details at home, and no matter what they say, don't sign anything tonight and don't give a shred of personal details beyond his name (and not even that if he can avoid it).

If it's a genuine opportunity, they'll wait till Monday for an answer, and allow him to take home any paperwork to review. If it's a scam there'll be some excuse about "only tonight, must sign, once in a lifetime opportunity, blah blah".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Could be the Dharma initiative...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's all above board. You see, it's the Trapezoid of Instant Wealth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Scientology-Pyramid-Ponzi-Scheme-A-Rama-Rama by the smell of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I'd say he's gonna get raped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

A guy at work tried to sign me up to one of these things... it's weird because they won't actually tell you what the hell it is they do unless you come to a meeting where they can pressure you into agreeing. Scumpigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

he wants to sell ya counterfeit drugs i bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Peetrik wrote: »
    Could be the Dharma initiative...
    I think you hit the nail on the head. Sounds like Dharma to me.
    Tell your friend to beware, they're notoriously secretive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

A guy at work tried to sign me up to one of these things... it's weird because they won't actually tell you what the hell it is they do unless you come to a meeting where they can pressure you into agreeing. Scumpigs.

Go along, take their champagne and canapés, and misunderstand everything they say. Ask them to repeat it. And that bit too. Can you explain that in a bit more detail? I didn't catch that first thing you said.

If they say something like "Just €5 can get you this....", hand them a fiver and then demand whatever they said it would get. Don't understand them when they try to explain it will get you something eventually. Insist that you get it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

It might not be dodgy-it could be like one of those "golden circle" companies...this is the way they operate...they headhunt through an agency and the agency basically phone up the person and request a meeting but won't and can't tell them who the client is!...until they feel they are worthy of a job offer.
    This is common practice in the UK and I am sure some of it happens here too..that's what it sounds like to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

nemesisdg wrote: »
    My Friend who is a pharmacists

You made friends with a shop?

How odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Maybe you should go along with your friend and report back to us.

Bring some goats , a bottle of cold tea and a bucket of cat shite.

Don't forget to charge for your appearance .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'd say from the info given in the op, it's deffo a recruiting drive for an outlaw biker gang. Wear your leather bodywarmer, they like those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Could be checking out the new dating tablets..............................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

That's the secret organisation where pharmacists decide how to screw the public out of their money.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Probably nothing more than an international drug Cartel, looking to recruit a new pharmacist for the Irish market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Probably nothing more than an international drug Cartel, looking to recruit a new pharmacist for the Irish market.
    I still think he should wear a leather body-warmer. Cartels like them too. Edit: where tf do you buy leather body warmers?? I've never seen one in a normal shop, must be hardcore underground cartel/bikergang shops that sell them. Ask at the interview OP, sorry, ask your "friend" to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's the secret Doctor-Pharmacist-Pharmaceutical Company conference where they discuss tactics for the International Medical Cartel.

Advertisement