Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish People in Germany: Banking Question

Options
  • 15-06-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone may have an answer but I'll give it a shot. Do any Irish residents/former residents with a Deutsche Bank (if there are any) know how much it costs to take money from the ATM in Ireland? The Internet doesn't have any info and neither does the bank's website, and the woman on the phone didn't seem to have a clue either. When I joined they gave me a list of banks I could use free of charge in Britain, Argentina and a load of other countries but DB seemed completely clueless when it came to taking money out in Ireland. I'm going home for two weeks soon so I need to know if I can take out money without being charged a fortune.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Taking money out in a Eurozone country should cost you nothing different than it does in your home country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I know it works for Irish accounts abroad, but German accounts abroad generally acquire fees for transactions unless unless you go to a bank in the cash group. Deutsche Bank doesn't seem to have any information on this :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

just found a tiny footnote for one of the accounts of Deutsche Bank - where it says that you can get cash without a charge from all ATMs of cash group, and their partners - Bank of America (USA), Barclays (Great Britain), BNP Paribas (France), Scotiabank (Canada, Mexico) and Westpac (Australia, NewZealand).

Doesn't say anything about Ireland - and their subsidiary in Dublin doesn't have an ATM...but you could always give them a shout:

Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street
    D1 Dublin
    Irland
    Telefon +353 1 805 1000
    Fax +353 1 805 1107

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Never knew they did free withdrawals abroad. My bank the hypo vereinsbank (uni credit) takes a fiver off me or so every time I use a bank machine in the euro zone.

Heres the text in German detailing what the poster above already mentioned.
    https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pbc/ze-bargeld_weltweit_kostenlos-lb.html?height=720&width=660

Advertisement