Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

First post lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

New thread wahay!!!!!!

Still a great goal by Danny tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

On Olsson, ya, I was serious, thought he was really good tonight, only 24 so young enough to still get better, think he'd provide more going forward than Evra and not get any worse defensively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

s.welstead wrote: »
    All those teams you've mentioned were pretty good teams in their own right. Far better than Ukraine. Only really South Korea is the anomaly there.
    Austria getting 1 point was good?

I'm not really arguing tbh I just don't think it comes into play as much as say a European club tie but I agree it has a small effect. Just not enough to worry England if they turn up.
    The ref won't be that biased. If he was he'd screw his own career up.

Oh know I see where your coming from and yes they were good teams, but they still have had few good teams since and before and done worse.

England even won penalty shootout against Spain in Euro 96:pac:

That Austria team was hopeless. Sure even the Austrians set up sites and petitions to have them removed from competition cause they felt Footballers would embarrass the country. They only lost 1-0 to Germany and Croatia which not bad considering.

I do think England will get through though. Just would not be over confident if I was English supporter. But the way they came back tonight should stand to them. Before had they gone 2-1 down they would have folded and lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wonder how Wayne will do next week, or 4 days? Hopefully ****e and they go out I suppose. Would like to see England win it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

First post lol

Would it not be the second post???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

titan18 wrote: »
    On Olsson, ya, I was serious, thought he was really good tonight, only 24 so young enough to still get better, think he'd provide more going forward than Evra and not get any worse defensively

I was reading that with a very puzzled face until I realised it's the other Olsson you're talking about!

We could do worse, but Evra still starts ahead of him for me.

Missed the 2 French games.

How did Evra play?

Missed the 2 French games.

How did Evra play?

1st - iirc he was at fault for the goal.

2nd - he was rightly dropped, and amazingly France kept a CS. I can see Blanc sticking with Clichy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He gave away the FK the goal came from, but wasn't at fault marking-wise.

• Advertisement

tvercetti wrote: »
    Would it not be the second post???

Probably. I was just copying those dopes on Facebook that try to get in their comment first on links or whatever. I was hoping for a few thanks for it. Think I might delete it now though :o.

1st - think he was at fault for the goal.

2nd - he was rightly dropped, and amazingly France kept a CS. I can see Blanc sticking with Clichy.

Did not realise he was dropped today. ouch:(

Blanc is doing good job with them.

He might get job with PL team sometime;)

G.K. wrote: »
    He gave away the FK the goal came from, but wasn't at fault marking-wise.

Now I remember. The tackle that led to the free was criminally bad. Deserved to be dropped for that alone.

Can't fault him for the actual goal though. Superb header from Lescott.

I'd be happy with Blanc at the helm.

Now I remember. The tackle that led to the free was criminally bad. Deserved to be dropped for that alone.

Can't fault him for the actual goal though. Superb header from Lescott.

Can't remember exactly but didn't he just get too tight and Milner made the most of it.

Did not realise he was dropped today. ouch:(

Blanc is doing good job with them.

22 game unbeaten streak. Brilliant when you consider the state they were in at the last WC.

I heard a rumour about him being linked with Spurs after the Euros. Dunno how realistic that is though.

Schism wrote: »
    I'd be happy with Blanc at the helm.

So would I.

Ole as his number 2.

Hopefully Fergie has 3 years in him yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Agreed. I don't think we are going to sign a left back in the hope of Fabio making an impression on loan and coming back to fill the spot long term. I don't think he would cost a whole lot maybe £5 Million.

So would I.

Ole as his number 2.

Hopefully Fergie has 3 years in him yet.

Hopefully indeed, he's still looking spritely for a 70 year old man.

I heard a rumour about him being linked with Spurs after the Euros. Dunno how realistic that is though.

Jesus when I read this first I was like what is he on about.

Only finding out Harry is gone. Have mate who spurs fan still in Poland, dont think he knows.

Time to ruin his night:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Probably. I was just copying those dopes on Facebook that try to get in their comment first on links or whatever. I was hoping for a few thanks for it. Think I might delete it now though :o.

You did the right thing, just didn't work out on the night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fergie thinks very highly of Blanc, that much I know, but the timing may be an issue.

kryogen wrote: »
    Fergie thinks very highly of Blanc, that much I know, but the timing may be an issue.

Yes at this point in time your more likely right.

Jesus it will be weird the day I see a new United manger.

Never known anybody but Ferguson.

Yes at this point in time your more likely right.

Jesus it will be weird the day I see a new United manger.

Never known anybody but Ferguson.

I'm in the same boat, when he leaves it will be like the sky is falling!

Hasn't he come out and said he wants Blanc to take charge when the time comes?

Whenever Ferguson does leave it's going to very, very hard for the next (few?) manager(s). The next manager is going to be measured up continually to a man who is probably the best manager of recent times and certainly of the Premier League era.

It's going to be a sad day when he does step down, I just hope the man to take the seat is up to living in Ferguson's shadow for a few years.

Can't remember exactly but didn't he just get too tight and Milner made the most of it.

Not at all. He ran from 5 yards away and tried to jump in front of Milner to get at the ball. He took Milner out of it and didn't get the ball. A pure rush of blood to the head. Amateurish free-kick to give away.

Around the 4 minute mark in this video if you're interested.

Jesus when I read this first I was like what is he on about.

Only finding out Harry is gone. Have mate who spurs fan still in Poland, dont think he knows.

Time to ruin his night:pac:

Haha the poor chap. I know two guys who are Spurs fans and the both of them are devastated. Not the worst thing in the world if you ask me. I think they could do better with a better manager.

Schism wrote: »
    Hasn't he come out and said he wants Blanc to take charge when the time comes?

Whenever Ferguson does leave it's going to very, very hard for the next (few?) manager(s). The next manager is going to be measured up continually to a man who is probably the best manager of recent times and certainly of the Premier League era.

It's going to be a sad day when he does step down, I just hope the man to take the seat is up to living in Ferguson's shadow for a few years.

Has he actually said that? Be pretty surprised if thats what he said anyway.

Has he actually said that? Be pretty surprised if thats what he said anyway.

I'm open to correction, I thought I read it on Soccerway a few weeks back though.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I don't think we are going to sign a left back in the hope of Fabio making an impression on loan and coming back to fill the spot long term. I don't think he would cost a whole lot maybe £5 Million.

Aye, at the price he'd cost, can't see more than 7m tbh, he'd act as good cover for Evra and push Evra for his place, would still allow Fabio time to grow into the role, and if Olsson works out we've signed a really good LB for a cheap sum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

This would be an awful signing. He has been poor for Blackburn all season

Felexicon wrote: »

Hasn't been poor, but hard to look good in a side that bad. He was excellent for Sweden tonight and played pretty well against Ukraine too imo. The move up to playing with better players could definitely suit him

Would you say you'd do better? Or are you primarily a 20-goal-a-season-standard striker?

Thought he was pretty bad v the Ukraine tbh, and he was good tonight but he was up against Glen Johnson so I wont go overboard.

He has potential for sure, but he is far too inconsistent to be a United left back, he needs to play week in week out and continue to develop. He could still go either way though, I have been impressed with him in general throughout the season, but as a guy to challenge Evra for his spot I just don't see it right now.

Thank GOD we don't have that jersey in the first post anymore.

• Advertisement

Would you say you'd do better? Or are you primarily a 20-goal-a-season-standard striker?

Never said 20 goals. 10 to 15. Mainly against the weaker teams

Never said 20 goals. 10 to 15. Mainly against the weaker teams

Im sure you could be our answer to Stephan Ward if you wanted to though right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Danny ****ing Welbeck. Love it son. He's going to be a star

Buy his twin brother Marcus as well, can never have too many twins in your squad

Hasn't been poor, but hard to look good in a side that bad. He was excellent for Sweden tonight and played pretty well against Ukraine too imo. The move up to playing with better players could definitely suit him

If any player could stand out for Blackburn last season it would be a defender as they were under serious pressure in most games. It's like dunne and Given getting MOTM for Ireland all the time.
    He was fairly poor last season and as United fans should know 2 good games at the Euros doesn't make you a good player

• Advertisement

If any player could stand out for Blackburn last season it would be a defender as they were under serious pressure in most games. It's like dunne and Given getting MOTM for Ireland all the time.
    He was fairly poor last season and as United fans should know 2 good games at the Euros doesn't make you a good player

Yakubu scored 17 goals, kinda stood out to me, thats even more than you.
    Hoilett only got 7 but stood out too.

Hoilett really stood out, and the Yak?! who knew he could still do it?

Did I say only one player could stand out? No I did not
    Did I say either of these players didn't stand out? No I did not
    Is goal scoring the only thing that makes a player stand out? No it is not

hmmmm

Kinda makes your next post look ill judged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ohh a question talker!

Did I say only one player could stand out? No I did not
    Did I say either of these players didn't stand out? No I did not
    Is goal scoring the only thing that makes a player stand out? No it is not

Quoted this just to be sure it doesnt vanish :)

So when you said "If any player could stand out for Blackburn it would have been a defender" you actually meant, strikers and midfielders could also stand out?

hmmmm

Kinda makes your next post look ill judged.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone else apprehensive about calling someone out on the internet because they might track you down and kill you?

Quoted this just to be sure it doesnt vanish :)

So when you said "If any player could stand out for Blackburn it would have been a defender" you actually meant, strikers and midfielders could also stand out?

Really? It was not me who said Yakubu and Hoilet stood out. I simply pointed out I hadn't said they didn't.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Anyone else apprehensive about calling someone out on the internet because they might track you down and kill you?

OOH mister big words with your apprehensive, you think your better than the rest of us, PM me your address so I can kick your ass.

Or could we meet half way as the price of petrol is killing me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement