Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I thought it was breaking copyright by republishing the full fixture list?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Samich wrote: »
    I thought it was breaking copyright by republishing the full fixture list?

Not breaking copyright but it's not allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

lordgoat wrote: »

Oh ok, didn't realise that. Why so.

It's serious enough though? Last year I don't think I seen a full fixture list on this site because of it :pac:

alproctor wrote: »
    Oh ok, didn't realise that. Why so.

Not sure, costs a lot of money to get a fixture list anyways.

• Advertisement

Not sure, costs a lot of money to get a fixture list anyways.

Does it?
    Surely if manutd.com are putting it on the wallpaper section of the site, it's being made freely available. Pic posted earlier taken down in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Love to go to Everton away game. Hopefully can get ticket.

With Chelsea game being on bank holiday weekend if I was lucky to get ticket I head to that also.

Cant wait for new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not the case anymore, there was a case brought in the summer and it ruled that stopping people from reprodicing the fixture list was not allowed anymore; so we can post the fixture list to our heart's content.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

tumblr_m5tarceWjB1r08x2no1_1280.jpg

I feel so alive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

tumblr_m5tarceWjB1r08x2no1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Really? I agreed with every word
    Even the most die hard Utd fan would admit that the jury is still out on him, wouldnt they?

He will be more settled this season though and Utd goalkeepers are usually a tough act to follow
    I did the first part alright, cos I am a bit of a looker and always enjoy passing the mirror ;)

but the second part? Good god man, a football match seems to be always 90 mins long PLUS Fergie time!

Thats like an hour and a half of concentration in EVERY match! :eek:

Thank god for highlights and youtube, thats all I'll say there! :)

This is that "banter" I have heard so much of I assume.

Not trolling ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Clichy started LB for France ahead of Evra again tonight. If only Fergie would drop him after a couple of bad games like Blanc has. I've said it a few times but hopefully it'll give him a kick up the arse for next season.

I don't know whether it will or not, sometimes players just get stale at a club and need a move to rejuvenate themselves, whether this is the case or not with Evra I can't say, he says all the right things but only shows in glimpses few and far between lately the right attitude to his work on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Have we identified any potential cover for left back yet? We need someone to seriously challenge Pat.

Johnny Evans by the looks of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

kryogen wrote: »
    I don't know whether it will or not, sometimes players just get stale at a club and need a move to rejuvenate themselves, whether this is the case or not with Evra I can't say, he says all the right things but only shows in glimpses few and far between lately the right attitude to his work on the pitch.

The fact that he comes out after matches and spouts shíte about how "we need to focus more" and so on probably annoys me more than his bad play. He is quite often the main culprit of this bad attitude or need for more focus. Less talk and more action would help.

I think that he still has it in him to be a world class defender. He needs someone nipping at his heels to keep him on edge and focused on the pitch. I can't see that happening though if, as seems increasingly likely, Fabio goes out on loan. It could be same old Evra again next season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

This is that "banter" I have heard so much of I assume.

Not trolling ;):D

I agree, that's why i don't really talk football with him, only have 'banter'. I recommend it as a good course of action. Either way don't take any of them posts seriously.

Probably a little off topic, but I've just noticed something regarding the extra officials behind the goals in the football - Surely it would make more sense to have them on the opposite side than the linesman.

From what I could see, the extra official would have been in the linesmans way for the goal that wasn't awarded to Ukraine. If he had been positioned on the opposite side of the goal, there would be a better chance of the linesman seeing it.

alproctor wrote: »
    Probably a little off topic, but I've just noticed something regarding the extra officials behind the goals in the football - Surely it would make more sense to have them on the opposite side than the linesman.

From what I could see, the extra official would have been in the linesmans way for the goal that wasn't awarded to Ukraine. If he had been positioned on the opposite side of the goal, there would be a better chance of the linesman seeing it.

If the behind goal ref was doing his job he wouldn't need help from a guy 30 yards further away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Kuszczak has signed for Brighton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

markc1184 wrote: »
    Very good signing from them, he'll do them a good job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

markc1184 wrote: »
    Beach? Will he be bringing the kiddies around on the donkeys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Missed the football, heard Rooney scored though.

How did our lads play?

How did our lads play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Young looked best of the 3, but that isn't saying much. Rooney robbed a poachers goal but looked rusty all round and didn't do much. Welbeck struggled to get involved.

How did our lads play?

Welbeck had his worst game, Rooney was very poor, you can put this down to the lack of matches, and Young was, well he wasn't great either but I guess he was the best of them?

England were poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Pro. F wrote: »
    Anybody else find it suspicious that as soon as Bateman comes back here two posters, Stooge and jdooley28, who have never posted in the United thread before all of a sudden come in and start responding to him? These two posters each have only 15 posts over the last seven or eight months too. Hmmm... suspicious.

nothing suspicious about it mate. I think I have posted in here before, if not here then at least in the soccer forum.

I havent bothered to read through all the pages to find out why this lad was banned or the dispute you are having but to be fair his post which I quoted contained some valid points.

De Gea, As Ive said is a good keeper, not the best but has the potential to be world class. I dont think he had a great season but I hope that he'll continue to grow in confidence and stature.

The twins need replacing. End of. I dont think anyone would argue when I say they wouldnt get a regular game for any other top club in england or spain e.g. city/chelsea/arsenal/real/barca.

Carrick I have never been a fan of, and never will. What s drastically needed is a midfielder who can play a bit as well as close down the opposition and make tackles.I think Dembele fits the mould and has the physical presence Utd lack. The influence Yaya Toure had this season was immense.

In terms of a striker we may get away with what we have but would prefer a poacher/van nistelrooy 'type' player. (not another van nistelrooy as there isnt one out there)

My Rio shout im sure is controversial but its my opinion on a player who has been unreliable and has made a lot of silly mistakes in the past two seasons.

Feel free to post facepalm gifs/pics and suspicions of double posting but I'd much prefer reasoned arguments and football talk. :)

Someone goes against the populist opinion and he's accused of trolling.

It's like communism. The well known posters run the show imo.

Bateman saying that de gea cost Utd the league can be backed up on his side by the no. of points he dropped. That's not a trolling opinion.

stooge wrote: »
    nothing suspicious about it mate. I think I have posted in here before, if not here then at least in the soccer forum.

I havent bothered to read through all the pages to find out why this lad was banned or the dispute you are having but to be fair his post which I quoted contained some valid points.

De Gea, As Ive said is a good keeper, not the best but has the potential to be world class. I dont think he had a great season but I hope that he'll continue to grow in confidence and stature.

The twins need replacing. End of. I dont think anyone would argue when I say they wouldnt get a regular game for any other top club in england or spain e.g. city/chelsea/arsenal/real/barca.

Carrick I have never been a fan of, and never will. What s drastically needed is a midfielder who can play a bit as well as close down the opposition and make tackles.I think Dembele fits the mould and has the physical presence Utd lack. The influence Yaya Toure had this season was immense.

In terms of a striker we may get away with what we have but would prefer a poacher/van nistelrooy 'type' player. (not another van nistelrooy as there isnt one out there)

My Rio shout im sure is controversial but its my opinion on a player who has been unreliable and has made a lot of silly mistakes in the past two seasons.

Feel free to post facepalm gifs/pics and suspicions of double posting but I'd much prefer reasoned arguments and football talk. :)

Yeah I don't believe you. Your posting style is even identical. Hey if I'm wrong what does it matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

stooge wrote: »

I was one of Carrick's biggest haters but he had a really good season for us last season.

Mother of God, there are two of them. Dembele a strong tackler? Wow. Ya Wesely really set the world alight last season and at the euros. And incase you missed it Fletcher is, at present, out of the game indefinitely.

I'm done replying to these two (not GK), I suggest everyone else that grows weary of them do the same.

When you say replying to 'these two' I assume you mean Sneijder/Dembele?

Did you watch many Inter matches this year? Sneijder, despite not playing as well as the season before was arguably Inter's best player. Similarly at the euros, despite the whole team not performing, Sneijder was one of the most dangerous players for the Dutch. I cant single out a better player for Holland over the 3 games. can you?

Dembele I suppose is just an example of the type of player I think Utd's CM need. Physically strong, very mobile and a decent ball player. One area Utd look out this season was closing down in midfield. Scholes/Giggs are unable to do it for 90mins. Carrick is just unwilling to do it at all.

Fair enough if you have replied about these two players before. Instead of childishly saying you wont reply, just point me to the posts were you did put forward valid reasons for not wanting them.

cheers

Bateman saying that de gea cost Utd the league can be backed up on his side by the no. of points he dropped. That's not a trolling opinion.

Yeah nobody is ever allowed to disagree with the well know posters and they all agree with each other.

DDG saved us a lot more points than he cost us, so no you are wrong. Did you read Bateman's ravings when he was around here at the start of the season?

It can't be backed up though, spouting off purely on the points he cost, ignoring the points that he saved/won is never going to be a good way of backing up an argument.

The clique accusations come and go and then come and go again, they are bollix tbh.

The are normally an attempt to try to defend an indefensable position.

It can't be backed up though, spouting off purely on the points he cost, ignoring the points that he saved/won is never going to be a good way of backing up an argument.

The clique accusations come and go and then come and go again, they are bollix tbh.

The are normally an attempt to try to defend an indefensable position.

You can't ignore the bad things just to make him look good though.

I was mad after the Blackburn game, even though I was backing De Gea up all year.

Like I can't think now, like why is someone criticising Carrick not put in the same grade as someone criticising De Gea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

You defending bateman is like mister men defending berba.

• Advertisement

You defending bateman is like mister men defending berba.

Yeah yeah, whatever.

I disagree with Bateman but think he's allowed to his opinion. If you didn't like it you should have put him on ignore.

Complain about people who quote him? If Batemans views were so outrageous, the people who quoted him should be seen as annoying too then and should have been put on ignore.

You can't ignore the bad things just to make him look good though.

I was mad after the Blackburn game, even though I was backing De Gea up all year.

Like I can't think now, like why is someone criticising Carrick not put in the same grade as someone criticising De Gea?

But nobody ignored the bad, that I know of anyway, practically everybody has said he had a shaky start to the season, was poor for a few goals, but to ignore how strongly he came back is madness, he was one of the top keepers, if the not the best keeper in the league from January on.

I'm not really sure I understand the last part? the Carrick debate has been going for years here, and there are plenty that see the positives and plenty that see the negatives and argue about him, even the well known posters who you think run the show are divided by Carrick!

Bateman was a notorious pain in the hole. Thats where the spite towards him comes from, he was a troll, he did not engage in any form of reasonable debate, if you have an issue with Carrick/De Gea/Rooney/Scholes and you put it forward with logic, you will not be called a troll, if you have gotten it glaringly wrong that will be pointed out ot you by someone in a counter argument and sadly quite often when this happens the poster cannot simply admit they were maybe off the mark and play the victim card for going againt the "populist opinion"

Yeah I don't believe you. Your posting style is even identical. Hey if I'm wrong what does it matter.

Im unaware I even had a 'style'? :confused::confused:

Look I'm sorry I even posted in the first place. I replied thinking there may be some valid arguments for/against the players I mentioned. Instead all there seems to be is ridicule and sniping.

Keno/Samich, I agree that Carrick was slightly better this year than previous years. Fair point. I still think that he is at best a squad player and there are better CM that Utd should be looking for the long term

Yeah yeah, whatever.

I disagree with Bateman but think he's allowed to his opinion. If you didn't like it you should have put him on ignore.

Complain about people who quote him? If Batemans views were so outrageous, the people who quoted him should be seen as annoying too then and should have been put on ignore.

This part is correct, I hate when people quote idiots.

Bateman did not have an opinion, he had an agenda to get a rise out of people as often as he could.

But nobody ignored the bad, that I know of anyway, practically everybody has said he had a shaky start to the season, was poor for a few goals, but to ignore how strongly he came back is madness, he was one of the top keepers, if the not the best keeper in the league from January on.

I'm not really sure I understand the last part? the Carrick debate has been going for years here, and there are plenty that see the positives and plenty that see the negatives and argue about him, even the well known posters who you think run the show are divided by Carrick!

Bateman was a notorious pain in the hole. Thats where the spite towards him comes from, he was a troll, he did not engage in any form of reasonable debate, if you have an issue with Carrick/De Gea/Rooney/Scholes and you put it forward with logic, you will not be called a troll, if you have gotten it glaringly wrong that will be pointed out ot you by someone in a counter argument and sadly quite often when this happens the poster cannot simply admit they were maybe off the mark and play the victim card for going againt the "populist opinion"

Once again I agree with ye on the DDg situation, brilliant goalie.

But...he did cost us goals and points early on.

If DDG costs us goals and points in the future, will the debate still not be allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Have to say I agree with Samich. There are clearly regular posters on here who have a little fan club to try to add weight to thier points. It's probably the main reason I hesitate posting on this thread. Most of the time I don't have the energy to defend myself from 6 sides.

That said Batemans post was rediculous and would have derailed the thread to nonsensical levels so the ban was justified imo

If DDG costs us goals and points in the future, will the debate still not be allowed?

You've just ignored everything that Kryogen said about logic and not being a repetitive pain in the hole like Bateman was. You really are tedious sometimes!

Debate about De Gea is allowed! Its a football forum, anything can be debated pretty much.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Have to say I agree with Samich. There are clearly regular posters on here who have a little fan club to try to add weight to thier points. It's probably the main reason I hesitate posting on this thread. Most of the time I don't have the energy to defend myself from 6 sides.

That said Batemans post was rediculous and would have derailed the thread to nonsensical levels so the ban was justified imo

Who are the regular posters and who are the fan clubs? I guarantee anybody you mention will turn out to have completely disagreed with each other and argued at length about something (probably Michael Carrick).

You just have to accept that if you honestly express an opinion on here, occasionally you will find a lot of people disagreeing with you.

Felexicon wrote: »

Who?

Who has a fan club? Who is in said fan club? Where do I get myself a fan club? :)

Honestly, everybody here pretty much has argued about something at one point, I know I have certainly had heated debate/bull**** arguments with the majority of posters here yet I don't feel like I am ever ganged up upon even if I am in the minority with an opinion.

Stick around a while, once posters get to know you and you get to know them and their style you might like it a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

A few lads have bought my "Keno" t shirts with my face on the front but other than that I can't think of anyone having a fan club.

You've just ignored everything that Kryogen said about logic and not being a repetitive pain in the hole like Bateman was. You really are tedious sometimes!
    Debate about De Gea is allowed! Its a football forum, anything can be debated pretty much.

One reasonable response and one ending with a personal insult.

I won't keep going around in circles, but from what I saw of Bateman when he came back was ok. Said he wasn't sure of De Gea, gave his reasons and that. Might be wrong, but it was his opinion.

Didn't ye know lads.

They have like a private group on facebook, and discuss the weekly agenda on here, thank each others posts and so on.

I heard kryo is the ring leader. Watch out.

In all seriousness, I want to thank Peyton( ;) ) again for linking that united facebook twitter page. Its beyond brilliant.

Didn't ye know lads.

They have like a private group on facebook, and discuss the weekly agenda on here, thank each others posts and so on.

I heard kryo is the ring leader. Watch out.

In all seriousness, I want to thank Peyton( ;) ) again for linking that united facebook twitter page. Its beyond brilliant.

**** I keep meaning to follow that thanks for reminding me!

*(Id have just thanked the post but then they might think your in on it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Link to fb page please

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement