Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Might have been posted already, Kagawa performance from yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I know this is the transfer thread but I always wondered about these 'anti-glazer' people. Lets just say for arguments sake that they do wipe out the debt, I'm wondering what the big fuss about them will be then or is it JUST the debt they have leveled on the club...

I'm only interested because it stands to reason that within the years they have run the club, they have backed the manager and apparantly the debt is being managed, so I guess I'm asking is what will be the reaction to them from these 'anti-glazer' supporters once the debt is gone?

For me its just the debt, but it is impossible to underestimate how much I resent them for what they did to the club, I will never love them as owners but thats not required, they have been good owners in every sense really if you ignore the debt.

You cant ignore it though, when the debt is gone, if they keep doing what they have been doing (making the club the biggest brand and one of the best run in the world) then I have no problem with them. Could be a lot worse.

Once the debt is gone the hardcore anti Glazer factions will find something else to focuse on. Impossible to keep everybody happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

kryogen wrote: »
    For me its just the debt, but it is impossible to underestimate how much I resent them for what they did to the club, I will never love them as owners but thats not required, they have been good owners in every sense really if you ignore the debt.

You cant ignore it though, when the debt is gone, if they keep doing what they have been doing (making the club the biggest brand and one of the best run in the world) then I have no problem with them. Could be a lot worse.

Once the debt is gone the hardcore anti Glazer factions will find something else to focuse on. Impossible to keep everybody happy :)

Thanks for that, I was just curious to know if there was another issue that I may have overlooked or was un-aware of.

I too would be very slow to forgive them for putting the financial future of the club at risk, in all fairness it was a heavy burden even for the likes of Manchester United to take on.. But I would be willing to move on from that if the do wipe out the debt because I can see no other faults with their managment tenure so far.

On a more positive note, bought the new away kit yesterday!!! Its EPIC!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I really don't get people who expect Fergie to publicly criticise the Glazers. No matter what he thinks about them and their financial plan, criticising them publicly would be the worst thing he could do.

The club needs to look powerful and united (pun not intended). The appearance that everything is going fine, they are all in agreement about everything, that there are zero risks and that the money and success is only ever going to keep rolling in is essential, because keeping the valuation of the club high is essential.

It is also essential that all the people under Fergie have faith in the structure of the club. It would be very harmful to moral if the people in charge were obviously disagreeing about the running of the club.

People who criticise Fergie for publicly backing the Glazers must only think about the issues facing the club on the most basic of levels. They need to go and read a bit of Machiaveli or Sun Tzu or something.

I don't mean to infer that what Fergie really thinks about the Glazers is different from what he's saying publicly. I have no idea whether or not he has always been happy with the money made available for transfers, and I have no idea what he understands and thinks about the Glazers' broader financial management. The only thing we know for certain is that him speaking out against the Glazers now would harm the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kagawa looks very like Modric in terms of style of play in those highlights.

Liam O wrote: »
    Kagawa looks very like Modric in terms of style of play in those highlights.

Modric wishes he could be Kagawa :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm guessing Keno had a good night judging by my inbox :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pro. F wrote: »
    I really don't get people who expect Fergie to publicly criticise the Glazers. No matter what he thinks about them and their financial plan, criticising them publicly would be the worst thing he could do.

Agree fully.

Don't know why you don't use the same train of thought with the Carrick situation though:
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Fergie is clearly not aware of Carrick's limitations or he would have replaced him a long time ago. Fergie said that Carrick is as good as Yaya Toure ffs. He is either lying or he doesn't see how poor Carrick is on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Lad is worth it? What the ****? ManCity topped the Premier league list of agent fee, do you know how much they paid in a year? 9.6 Million pounds. You know how much Chelsea paid for Hazard agent alone? 6 Million pounds.

Is he worth the extra 6 million you paid? Yes maybe (still a big gamble as the transfer fee and agent fee is close to 40 Million), but what that will do for the rest of your transfers is every half decent player's agent will start commanding hefty agent fee, which is how exactly the ridiculous wages happened. Now it will be common to see teams having to pay big agent fee and I won't be surprised if any team touched 20 Million mark in agent fee alone.

He chose Chelsea not for money? If I was you, I would say the same and back the player. So I won't debate on that ;)

No one outside CFC and Hazard's agent know how much the agent was eventually paid.
    Fergie said "hazard's agent wanted 6 million" but we have no idea eactly how much he was actually paid, but I'd be surprised if it was that figure. He might have even asked for less from Chelsea, because it seems pretty clear that Chelsea was his preferred choice, but it was only after we qulaified for next years CL, that he was able to get what he wanted - Chelsea and CL football

He has since come out and said he preferred London to Manchester as well, so like I say, in multi million pound deals, a few million here and there isnt going to sway a deal for a player. The simple fact is that Utd just cant compete with huge single deals over 20 million, they just pretend they can to appease the fams and the markets. Sorry if the truth hurts, but look at it this way, you went to market to raise cash, so no way would you splash 30 million on a single player and no, I'm not winding you up, a lot of Man U fans agree with this. You got Kagawa becuase he Dortmund didnt want to let him leave for nothing so he was below his true market value

As you say - we will see the agent fees for this year next year, so it will be interesting although how true it is, is another debate.

I appreciate Fergies achievements, but like CFC, theres no way I believe everything that comes out of his\their mouths and Fergie has been known to tell a porky or 2, just like CFC did to the SB bond holders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

On a more positive note, bought the new away kit yesterday!!! Its EPIC!!!!

How much?

• Advertisement

How much?

Like, really really EPIC!! :D

Pj! wrote: »
    Don't know why you don't use the same train of thought with the Carrick situation though:

I know of course that Fergie has to publicly back his players. But Fergie spent big money on Carrick and has kept him in the first team for six years. So he clearly does believe that Carrick is good enough.

I don't expect Fergie to publicly criticise Carrick, but I would expect Fergie to replace him him in the first team if he did believe that Carrick wasn't good enough. There's also nothing wrong with pointing out when Fergie says something daft. I never said he shouldn't say those things about Carrick, I just think the daftness of those things he said means it should be disregarded as an assessment of Carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No one outside CFC and Hazard's agent know how much the agent was eventually paid.
    Fergie said "hazard's agent wanted 6 million" but we have no idea eactly how much he was actually paid, but I'd be surprised if it was that figure.
    How could you be surprised by Chelsea paying over the odds for something? That has been their MO since Abramovich took over.

Oh right, you are believing what you want to believe.

How could you be surprised by Chelsea paying over the odds for something? That has been their MO since Abramovich took over.
    On that note why aren't Chelsea in for Van Persie? Am I forgetting somebody or do they just have Torres and Sturridge?
    It's hardly the strike force of a Russian billionaire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

pretty laughable when fergie talks about Hazards agent wanted 6million when he had no problems paying Bebe's agent the same amount

Pj! wrote: »
    On that note why aren't Chelsea in for Van Persie? Am I forgetting somebody or do they just have Torres and Sturridge?
    It's hardly the strike force of a Russian billionaire!

It is on transfer fees alone!
    (but yes, even though we are rebuilding the team bringing in lots of creative players to "help" Torres, chelsea support is split on Torres, and this is def he's last season to prove himself)

redzerdrog wrote: »
    pretty laughable when fergie talks about Hazards agent wanted 6million when he had no problems paying Bebe's agent the same amount

Try again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

redzerdrog wrote: »

Are you just making stuff up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Agghh hate that when you ignore someone, their posts appear when quoted.

• Advertisement

Nightmare alright :) there is a way to completely block people though isnt there? someone brought it up a while ago, maybe someone else knows?

How much?

€58 :D

Nightmare alright :) there is a way to completely block people though isnt there? someone brought it up a while ago, maybe someone else knows?

Iirc there's a Firefox plug-in or script that completely blocks people, even in quotes. But things like that that you add to your browser can be a bit of a security risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A firefox add on I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Twitter gossip is saying that we have had a bid accepted for Lucas??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dahat wrote: »
    Twitter gossip is saying that we have had a bid accepted for Lucas??
    Source?

• Advertisement

Source?

Twitter gossip from various pages,don't know who put it out there first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya i see that, but is there any actual good source yet such as sky, bbc etc etc?

If you believed twitter, then gawd help us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

It seems that Sao Paulo have accepted Utd's bid.

If you believed twitter, then gawd help us!

Believe is not what i said,merely put it up here to see if anyone had a decent source other than twitter gossip,sure it may well be true or may not but he is on the clubs radar and agreement did not seem far away reading odds and ends on the web.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Any links to this twitter rumor?

Vanbis wrote: »
    Any links to this twitter rumor?

Man Utd Malaysia ‏@MUFC_Malaysia
    Rumors: Lucas Moura will join Man Utd for a fee around £25 million after the bid was accepted

This is what my guy out there had to say in response to being asked has anything happened because there are reports a deal is done

Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

@ianmillington Nothing being reported in Brazil. There are rumors they made or are close to make another offer closer to what SPFC want.

Finally a signing to get excited about! Defo going to Old Trafford next season now.

Finally a signing to get excited about! Defo going to Old Trafford next season now.
    We haven't signed him yet and these rumours are BS.

You weren't excited about Kagawa?

It looks like the rumour was started by "Transfer_ITK" on twitter. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

If we do sign him, interesting to see where saf see's him playing in the team next season.

We haven't signed him yet and these rumours are BS.

You weren't excited about Kagawa?

To be honest no. I still can't shake the Park II feeling. I know that he's a completely different player but I can't help it.

To be honest no. I still can't shake the Park II feeling. I know that he's a completely different player but I can't help it.

Park II?get out of here......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

We should put our own BS transfer rumour on twitter and see if it goes viral :P

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lol.

Where does this Lucas lad stand in terms of Brazilian talent?

Vanbis wrote: »
    If we do sign him, interesting to see where saf see's him playing in the team next season.

Give him a season in the reserves to develop I suppose

:D

Park II?get out of here......

I said I can't help it. There is not one single person on this board who can say Kawaga won't be a Park II because he hasn't played competitively yet. It's still possible. I'm entitled to fear it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I said I can't help it. There is not one single person on this board who can say Kawaga won't be a Park II because he hasn't played competitively yet. It's still possible. I'm entitled to fear it though.

What?

He could be a Ronaldo then by your theory?

Here ya go, some light reading on his bio and some stats from competitve games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/102139/shinji-kagawa?cc=5739

He could be a Ronaldo then by your theory?

Correct. He could win the Ballon d'Or. No one knows yet.

Here ya go, some light reading on his bio and some stats from competitve games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/102139/shinji-kagawa?cc=5739

Weaknesses: Not at all imposing in the air and lacks a sense of defensive discipline

Joking!!

• Advertisement

In fairnesI understand how you feel, if you havent watched him much over the last 12-18 months, but he has been hugely impressive for Dortmund and made the transition to the bundesliga seamlessly and even though the opposition was poor you could see glimpses of his ability yesterday.

He could actually be the final piece of the jigsaw offensively that Berba was meant to be possibly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement