Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I can't wait to see Kagawa in a competitive game to be honest. I knew he would be the sort of player to quicken up our play and he will have the ability to keep it simple while still providing enough magic between the lines give us a new dimension.

I think Cleverly should take his place in the team for the Carling Cup and "lesser" games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

From what I saw in your preseason game at the start, it was a challenge to get the ball to Kagawa, in order for him to do his thing. Most of the offensive play focused on getting it out wide to Valencia for him to cross the ball in. That being said, as the opposition got tired in the end, it was easier for Kagawa to come into the game, but I do think that something has to change in your midfield for Kagawa to be really great for you.

To be honest, I kind of agree with Pro F. when saying when Carrick is put under pressure he gets caught out. He's a player who can pass the ball very well, but he does need space, otherwise he is forced to go backwards or to the side, which is fine.. until its the 80th minute and you need a goal. Kagawa needs to be supplied and I dont think Carrick can do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It was his first time playing with them, in a pre season game, and it was not exactly the first team :)

Can hardly judge how he will do from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

True, but I'm just commenting on what I saw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Well my point is, I'd be much more excited about the signing of a 19 year old Brazilian kid who could potentially be the best in the world. Utd haven't had a exciting player since Ronaldo. Gives me a boner contemplating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Well my point is, I'd be much more excited about the signing of a 19 year old Brazilian kid who could potentially be the best in the world. Utd haven't had a exciting player since Ronaldo. Gives me a boner contemplating it.

Maybe I'm wrong but ain't Kagawa supposed to be that exciting player? The player to offer us something a little different and open up the defences ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This is odd tbh. Sounds to me like if Kagawa was Brazilian you'd be a lot more excited about his signing.

Maybe I'm wrong but ain't Kagawa supposed to be that exciting player? The player to offer us something a little different and open up the defences ;)

I hope he is. I actually believe he'll be a very good asset to Man Utd.

I hope he is. I actually believe he'll be a very good asset to Man Utd.

Not 'boner' worthy though :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

dahat wrote: »
    Park II?get out of here......

I said I can't help it. There is not one single person on this board who can say Kawaga won't be a Park II because he hasn't played competitively yet. It's still possible. I'm entitled to fear it though.

Hope this is a lol. Player of the year in the German league, plenty of goals and assists. Not like he's playing mugs week in week out. The German league is about as close to the premiership as you'll get. It's RARE a player coming from Germany can't adapt to the English game

• Advertisement

Not 'boner' worthy though :eek:

Cos he's not Brazilian!

Well if signing players based on YouTube videos is all you've got to go on fair enough. I can see how he'd be more appealing.

Me im a little different, I'd much rather a PROVEN player (kag) who's been playing in a competitive tough German league and had European experience had proven he can adapt to new climates, than some wonder kid who looks good on YouTube.

Honestly puzzled by our attention in Loucas. Not someone I thought we need in our current squad especially if we are in for RVP as well.

Fergie obviously has a lot of faith in clev, ando, Powell, scholes and carrick I don't think we will sign a center mid this season.

I think carrick is a top mid in the premiership, however I do think in Europe against top class opposition he struggles and it's something we need to be addressing we are a club with European and domestic ambitions. And we need to address this

Well if signing players based on YouTube videos is all you've got to go on fair enough. I can see how he'd be more appealing.

Me im a little different, I'd much rather a PROVEN player (kag) who's been playing in a competitive tough German league and had European experience had proven he can adapt to new climates, than some wonder kid who looks good on YouTube.

Honestly puzzled by our attention in Loucas. Not someone I thought we need in our current squad especially if we are in for RVP as well.

Fergie obviously has a lot of faith in clev, ando, Powell, scholes and carrick I don't think we will sign a center mid this season.

I think carrick is a top mid in the premiership, however I do think in Europe against top class opposition he struggles and it's something we need to be addressing we are a club with European and domestic ambitions. And we need to address this

See this is it, I am starting to believe that we are looking at a change in formation/tactics considering we are going after Lucas, Maybe Carrick as the sitting midfield with 2 or 4 around him depending on weather we are attacking or defending obviously.

But it stands to reason that if Fergie if is ignoring the CM issue he may be trying to solve it another way, maybe this is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, he more than likely wont evolve into what Park was like at United, but Park at PSV was a much different player than what he is now. He did it at CL level with PSV too and was rated as one of the best players in the CL that season.

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf, he more than likely wont evolve into what Park was like at United, but Park at PSV was a much different player than what he is now. He did it at CL level with PSV too and was rated as one of the best players in the CL that season.

Because park was a number 10 and good at it until Fergie pigeon holed him into a left winger, If Fergie plays kag as the 10 he'll do the bizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Where did 25 million come out of? Thought it was 37?

Anyways looks like we're gonna sign him. Excited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Delaney has just tweeted that some lad (cant remember his name, so check it for yourselves) who is trust worthy and normally spot on, has said that if United are serious about wanted RVP, that he is ours.

basically we put in the right offer, he will sign. so its over to Fergie now, but unless something drastically goes wrong or its a total decoy, i am confident that he will be a united player next year. for those asking about formations and not making sense and all this, is it possible that Fergie is trying to adapt a formation that is alot more fluid and based on speed in passing and movement, rather than the traditional, yet static at times 4-4-2?

lets look for example at the 6 attacking players that barcelona had against us in 2011 CL final and compare them to the type of players we have and the type of players we are interested in. assuming that we are serious about both Lucas and RVP, maybe this is what Fergie has in mind in terms of how the team would set up.

RVP -David Villa
    Rooney - Messi
    Kagawa - Iniesta

Valencia/Nani - Pedro
    Scholes - Xavi
    Carrick - Busquets

that leaves us then with the likes of Cleverly, Anderson, Nani/Valencia plus young, Welbeck and Hernandez as other options, along with Giggs i suppose.

Plausable? do ye believe that if the rumours are true, that untied still would play 4-4-2 if both Lucas and RVP were signed?

realistically both wont sign, though as i said, im starting to get confident in RVP. if only RVP, then we would be staying at 4-4-2 and we would hope that one CM comes in form the supposed money thats there for Lucas, but if both come in, id like to think that Fergie is going to change the way we play completely online with what i have said above.

Samich wrote: »
    Where did 25 million come out of? Thought it was 37?

Anyways looks like we're gonna sign him. Excited :D

Em...how?

With all these potential attackers in our team we are going to have to start cloning Vidic.

....but if both come in, id like to think that Fergie is going to change the way we play completely online with what i have said above.

I can't see why Fergie would be looking to change the system now, unless it is in preparation for the next manager (which would still be strange)

It would simply be too difficult and extremely risky to now start and try instill a different ethos on (mostly) the same bunch of players. A move towards a more fluid system where all players would likely see an increase in work-rate and offensive and defensive duties (sticking with your Barcelona example) would surely alienate some players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Utd will NOT sign Lucas and certainly not for 25 million.
    Its just twitter nonsense

He is this seasons Sneijder

Bless ya all, we've all been there!

• Advertisement

You saying he won't sign is no different to people saying he will sign. It's all nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

You saying he won't sign is no different to people saying he will sign. It's all nonsense.

This makes total sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Who needs Twitter or any kind of media when we have you to tell us everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The senior lads in the first team are great - they talk to us a lot and are always there to offer us advice, but for me being able to train alongside Paul Scholes has been fantastic. He’s one of the best midfielders ever to learn from. The only disappointing thing for me so far on this tour is the fact I haven't been able to play with him yet - he'd already come off when I came on in the last two games which I was pretty gutted about as I'm desperate to play next to him! In my eyes, there is no other better role model for me to learn from.

Paul Scholes, that's it. :D

This is odd tbh. Sounds to me like if Kagawa was Brazilian you'd be a lot more excited about his signing.

Yes I would. Because of the Brazilian pedigree.

Seriously? You're actually being serious?

Just tell the truth. You hate the Japanese.

:pac:

Who needs Twitter or any kind of media when we have you to tell us everything.

Quip all you like, the president himself clearly said he wont accept less than 23.5 million with the player getting 20% of any fee (6 million), and after Aug 1st that rises to 30%
    And people say Hazard is greedy.

So big shot bomblegum, why would Fergie sign a player who pockets 6 million or more after saying Hazard was greedy?

Double standards?

Seriously? You're actually being serious?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Quip all you like, the president himself clearly said he wont accept less than 23.5 million with the player getting 20% of any fee (6 million), and after Aug 1st that rises to 30%

So big shot bomblegum, why would Fergie sign a player who pockets 6 million or more after saying Hazard was greedy?

Double standards?
    Simple, if Utd feel that the price tag is an accurate reflection on the value of the player, then they'll pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Shows what you know.

Sao Paolo only own 80% of his rights. Moura's father owns the remaining 20%, hence no matter what fee United pay, 20% will go to Moura. Hence, Sao Paolo want more money because they're only getting 80%, which will also raise how much Moura gets.

The situations are absolutely nothing alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Yes.

That makes no sense...

Shows what you know.

Sao Paolo only own 80% of his rights. Moura's father owns the remaining 20%, hence no matter what fee United pay, 20% will go to Moura. Hence, Sao Paolo want more money because they're only getting 80%, which will also raise how much Moura gets.

The situations are absolutely nothing alike.

good grief, its the same thing!
    His father\himself - its still 20%!

good grief, its the same thing!
    His father\himself - its still 20%!

You're not getting it, which isn't at all surprising.

You're saying Hazard getting €6 million is the same as Moura getting 20%. It's not.

Hazard's agent demanded €6 million or he wouldn't do business. That was a choice based on greed and wanting the money.

Moura get's 20% of the fee no matter what. It's nothing to do with greed, it's purely based on what Sao Paolo will accept - not up to Moura at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanks for clearing all that up Sarge,relief to have it all sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Yea to be fair Sgt, the two situations are completely different. Hazard went on about how he needed a strong manager etc, even said he was defo for Manchester, right up until Chelsea said "here's a **** load of money".

Moura has that written into his contract as is fairly common among younger players signing contracts with plenty of potential and 3rd party/agent owners. (in Brazil / S America I mean).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I'd be surprised if we didn't get Moura. I think this will be wrapped up within the next week.

I'd be (nicely) surprised if we got Van Persie. I can imagine him choosing United but will be surprised if United match the big spenders.

Fenix wrote: »
    Yea to be fair Sgt, the two situations are completely different. Hazard went on about how he needed a strong manager etc, even said he was defo for Manchester, right up until Chelsea said "here's a **** load of money".

Moura has that written into his contract as is fairly common among younger players signing contracts with plenty of potential and 3rd party/agent owners. (in Brazil / S America I mean).

We'll have to beg to differ :D

Either way, its going to be exciting enough watching Hazard, Oscar and Kawaga going at it

We'll have to beg to differ :D

Either way, its going to be exciting enough watching Hazard, Oscar and Kawaga going at it

Beg to differ?

No, Fenix is correct.

You're ignorant and not smart enough to understand the situation.

That's not begging to differ.

I can't see why Fergie would be looking to change the system now, unless it is in preparation for the next manager (which would still be strange)

It would simply be too difficult and extremely risky to now start and try instill a different ethos on (mostly) the same bunch of players. A move towards a more fluid system where all players would likely see an increase in work-rate and offensive and defensive duties (sticking with your Barcelona example) would surely alienate some players?

indeed, such as Berba and Anderson for example though Fergie has said he would not like to see Berba leave.

signing 3 attacking players and not CM, would suggest that something is going to completely change.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but

How are we fixed squad wise next season, we can only have 25 (Correct ?) in our first team squad, I don't imagine there are actually too many spaces left open for further signings?

Can anyone go into more detail on this?

Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but

How are we fixed squad wise next season, we can only have 25 (Correct ?) in our first team squad, I don't imagine there are actually too many spaces left open for further signings?

Can anyone go into more detail on this?

i think it was 4 places left to fill as weve a few young lads still u-21 and Park, Fabio, PIG and Owen are all gone.

though i think Lucas being 19 doesnt count either, same goes for Powell.

Beg to differ?

No, Fenix is correct.

You're ignorant and not smart enough to understand the situation.

That's not begging to differ.

Oh,
    (pause)
    I am so so hurt by your petty insults
    Now run along as this is a grown ups discussion :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Oh,
    (pause)

Why do you always post in this thread? You have more posts than the majority of United fans in this thread. I though you'd be over in the Chelsea thread discussing their upcoming season instead of worrying about United's.

i think it was 4 places left to fill as weve a few young lads still u-21 and Park, Fabio, PIG and Owen are all gone.

though i think Lucas being 19 doesnt count either, same goes for Powell.

So we could have a 25 man squad and still use Powell & Lucas (if he signs of course!!) during the season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

So we could have a 25 man squad and still use Powell & Lucas (if he signs of course!!) during the season?

You can have as many u21's as you like as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oh,
    (pause)

What he said was not a "petty" insult, it was said in quite a grown up manner.

You just keep digging man, you should really think "Do I actually have any idea what I'm talking about?" in future before you start one of these discussions, would save you from being shown up an awful lot. Sorry if that's insulting, just offering advice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Why do you always post in this thread? You have more posts than the majority of United fans in this thread. I though you'd be over in the Chelsea thread discussing their upcoming season instead of worrying about United's.

Ah come on Jimmy, why do you think...read back and check his posts. It becomes painfully obvious when you look at the context of his posts. Be sure to read the ones when United are beating Chelsea...completely different person lol.

1/ Its very quiet in the chelsea forum
    2/ Its way too delusional in the liverpool forum
    3/ I like a lot of the utd posters
    4/ Its a free forum and I do no harm!
    5/ Utd posters argue amongst themselves which is very entertaining, but Chelsea posters nearly always agree with one another, which is nice but boring, so theres no "debate"
    6/ Thanks for coming to my attention Jimmy Iovine! :eek:

its a discussion forum man, and a free country, really not interested if you think I am right or wrong, thats whats discussion is for, but I'm not giving into cyber bullies who offer nothing but personal insults like that idiot did
    He offered no discussion on the topic, just straight in with the insults

I pity him and his kind

I think you'll find that what I said was not a personal insult.

Ignorant = Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular. You clearly showed that you didn't understand Moura's contract and how it differed from Hazard's situation, so ignorant was the perfect word to use. You were not smart enough to get that discussion. That's all true and is evident looking back.

Calling me an idiot, however, is indeed a personal insult.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement