Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its a discussion forum man, and a free country, really not interested if you think I am right or wrong, thats whats discussion is for, but I'm not giving into cyber bullies who offer nothing but personal insults like that idiot did
    He offered no discussion on the topic, just straight in with the insults

I pity him and his kind

Are you not one of his "kind" considering you just insulted him? Or what "kind" are you talking about?

He did offer discussion btw, it was pretty clearly explained to you the difference between an agent demanding a certain amount to do business and a third party ownership thing.

Even simpler, the agent sets the fee he is demanding, the third party do not, the selling club set the fee, the third party gets its % of said fee.

There is talk that Lucas is willing to give up his % to make the deal happen, can't see why it should come to that though, the club will be well compensated for him either way at this stage. Still see the transfer as a remote possibilty for the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Watching an interview with Rio to mark his 10 year anniversary at the club, he really does himself justice when he talks, makes it even more frustrating when you see some of the crap on Twitter!

Very well spoken, speaks very well of the club, the gaffer ex players, teammates and comes across as very humble and in touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

kryogen wrote: »
    Watching an interview with Rio to mark his 10 year anniversary at the club, he really does himself justice when he talks, makes it even more frustrating when you see some of the crap on Twitter!

Very well spoken, speaks very well of the club, the gaffer ex players, teammates and comes across as very humble and in touch

I think Twitter paints a far more accurate picture of him

No personal/club PR people telling him what to say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So we could have a 25 man squad and still use Powell & Lucas (if he signs of course!!) during the season?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think you'll find that what I said was not a personal insult.

Ignorant = Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular. You clearly showed that you didn't understand Moura's contract and how it differed from Hazard's situation, so ignorant was the perfect word to use. You were not smart enough to get that discussion. That's all true and is evident looking back.

Calling me an idiot, however, is indeed a personal insult.

No no, it was an insult. You hadnt even entered the discussion upto then
    Moura's contract is well known as its all over the web
    You and everyone else cant possibly know that Hazard dumped you for lack of money, its just pure sour grapes speculation on you and your managers part because he dared to pick someone else, if he had signed then you would be gloating. Plus all 3 clubs agreed to pay the 32 million, so Utd obviously did think he was worth that money

Hazard and Lucas are 2 totally different transfers

Lucas's father owns so much of him so its ok for the players own father to be greedy but not Hazards agent? Double standard. Paying someone else 6 million or more is the same thing!
    That is not ignorance, it is you and others ignoring the facts

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_72_15844_man-utd-told-to-pay-up-for-lucas-moura.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2174910/Lucas-Moura-30m-Manchester-United-bid-rejected-Sao-Paulo.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I think Twitter paints a far more accurate picture of him

No personal/club PR people telling him what to say.

So you watched the interview then? Obviously you must have to be in a position to compare an Interview with some random 'tweets' on a 140 character social media platform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Lucas's father is his agent as you say, so its ok for the players own father to be greedy but not Hazards agent? Double standard.

Okay, let's take baby steps to help you understand this.

How is Lucas' father being greedy? In one sentence, please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Three minutes in, I was thinking "where's the end product?". He answered the question soon afterwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

DM-ICE wrote: »
    So you watched the interview then? Obviously you must have to be in a position to compare an Interview with some random 'tweets' on a 140 letter social media platform.

Nope didn't see it, but I've seen him interviewed plenty & he usually does come across well in those scenarios. On twitter however, he comes across as quite completely the opposite.

1 is preprepared interviews conducted alongside PR people, the other is just him being him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Is anybody else secretly thinking that Bebe will become a good player?

Owen_S wrote: »

I don't think it.

I *know* it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Well, if we told you it would no longer be a secret ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

With the options we already have he's getting no where near the first team. He'll have to go on loan but I do hope we give him a proper chance, I think he's got potential at least.

He was getting a lot of stick during the game on Saturday, but I read today that that was his first game in 8 months, so it's not unsurprising that his touch was poor etc, he took his goal well.

I'm wondering about BEBE 33 on my away shirt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

for another club maybe. ideally he has a good pre season, goes on loan to the championship and we get back 2-3million for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

OGvgs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm wondering about BEBE 33 on my away shirt...

B3B3 :D

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    B3B3 :D

I'm really serious. Great conversation starter at the opera and mass etc.

Okay, let's take baby steps to help you understand this.

How is Lucas' father being greedy? In one sentence, please.

he gets a percentage of the transfer fee

Now my baby step for you

"how is that any different from what an agent takes?"

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Nope didn't see it, but I've seen him interviewed plenty & he usually does come across well in those scenarios. On twitter however, he comes across as quite completely the opposite.

1 is preprepared interviews conducted alongside PR people, the other is just him being him.

Fair enough.

i wouldn't judge a person based on a few tweets. It can be tough to get across things like tone in the text form. Particulalry on twiiter with its restrictive set up. Things can be put out there without proper consideration, raw emotion can take over.

Each to their own.

• Advertisement

"how is that any different from what an agent takes?"

Agent fee- Agent getting fee for owning 0% of the player, just for representing his client.

Transfer fee - Fee paid to buy the player, as Lucas Father owns 20%, any fee that Sao Paulo gets for Lucas, 20% of it will be paid to Lucas's father. (He won't be negotiating any deal with the buying club if I'm not wrong)

Even after that there will be agent fee.

Both are completely different.

Edit: One is third party ownership, other is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I said I can't help it. There is not one single person on this board who can say Kawaga won't be a Park II because he hasn't played competitively yet. It's still possible. I'm entitled to fear it though.

Considering Park Ji Sung was an absolutely fantastic signing for us, I am not sure why this would be a thing to fear?

Agent fee- Agent getting fee for owning 0% of the player, just for representing his client.

Transfer fee - Fee paid to buy the player, as Lucas Father owns 20%, any fee that Sao Paulo gets for Lucas, 20% of it will be paid to Lucas's father. (He won't be negotiating any deal with the buying club if I'm not wrong)

Even after that there will be agent fee.

Both are completely different.

Edit: One is third party ownership, other is not.

Yes I understand the mechanism, the difference between agent and 3rd party ownership.
    What I'm trying to explain is that there is no difference between
    Hazard agreed fee of £32 million + ? agent fee
    and
    Lucas potential fee of £23.5 million + £6 million father fee + ? agent fee

It still directly contradicts Fergies comments

Sir Alex Ferguson believes new Chelsea signing Eden Hazard was overpriced.
    The Manchester United boss was interested in taking the Belgium international to Old Trafford - but not at the reported £34m Chelsea paid to French club Lille.
    "There is a borderline in terms of what you would think is a good signing for United," he said.
    "I see some values on players, like Hazard for instance. To me it was a lot of money. He's a good player, but £34m?
    "What we're finding anyway, the climate for buying these top players - not just the transfer fees, the salaries, agents' fees - is just getting ridiculous now.
    "In the Hazard deal, Chelsea paid the agent £6m. The (Samir) Nasri situation was the same.
    "It's all about what you think is value for a player. I am not envious of those deals at all. We placed a value on Hazard which was well below what they were talking about.
    "So if it doesn't work, well we're not worried about that. We think we've got good value in (Shinji) Kagawa."

So, for reason, he must think that Lucas IS worth this money, cos its not going to be far off Hazards total fee. But then he has just said that the climate is getting ridiculous?!! Confused!

Kagawa was a good deal (if plays like he did at Dortmund)

oh and other utd fans agree about Fergie losing it

http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/237849/2080293.aspx

http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/240584/2115309.aspx

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/opinion/fergie-loses-sight-of-financial-reality-and-title/

Yes I understand the mechanism, the difference between agent and 3rd party ownership.
    What I'm trying to explain is that there is no difference between
    Hazard agreed fee of £32 million + ? agent fee
    and
    Lucas potential fee of £23.5 million + £6 million father fee + ? agent fee

No, that's wrong. Lucas transfer fee is what any team pays to Sao Paulo. That's it. Sao Paulo will pay 20% of it to the person who owns 20% of Lucas. Simple as that.

There is no father fee as such, he is 3rd party owner who has the right for transfer fee as he owns 20% of the player's rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

kryogen wrote: »
    just keep asking him to back up some of his more outlandish (total bs) statements and he normally goes away if you are getting bored.

Reading Peppers BS reminded me of this advice from Kryo a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The 20% could be negotiated with the father if they offer him a better deal with image rights or something in his United contract surely?

Liam O wrote: »
    The 20% could be negotiated with the father if they offer him a better deal with image rights or something in his United contract surely?

Maybe, I dont have much idea about it. Can someone provide any link saying his Father owns 20% of his rights?

No, that's wrong. Lucas transfer fee is what any team pays to Sao Paulo. That's it. Sao Paulo will pay 20% of it to the person who owns 20% of Lucas. Simple as that.

There is no father fee as such, he is 3rd party owner who has the right for transfer fee as he owns 20% of the player's rights.

It amounts to near enough the same money whatever way you cut it

They want at least £30 mill for him, Hazard cost £32 mill

Just google Lucas Moura father - "doubles as his agent"

actually i cant find the link about his father myself owning 20% of him, all articles just say the "player" owns 20%

Anyway, I'm never going to win this one as certain folk cant face the truth, so I'm out

Anyway, I'm never going to win this one as certain folk cant face the truth, so I'm out
    Thank God finally :D

Thank God finally :D

Well there was this one time, at Band Camp........

You cant handle the truth!....

:D

Watch the kings of money slug it out tonight 11:30

Chelsea VS PSG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Good interview with De Gea here, he talks about Spanish Olympic football hopes and adapting to life in England:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/22/david-de-gea-spain-olympic-history?CMP=twt_gu

London 2012: David de Gea dreams of more Spanish football success
    The Manchester United goalkeeper is looking forward to yet another unique football achievement by Spain

David de Gea puffs out his cheeks. "Imagine it," he says. "Standing there on the podium, the national anthem playing, a gold medal round your neck … it is a dream." It is also tempting to tell him to snap out of it and stop being so greedy; tempting, too, to demand that he and his compatriots leave something for the rest of us. Spain are world and European Champions. Last summer they won the European Under-21 championship and it is barely a fortnight since they won this summer's European Under-19 championship. And now they want the Olympics.

If you think that Spain are satiated by success, think again. If you think that the Olympics do not matter, you are wrong. Success in South Africa and Ukraine only increases the desire and the pressure, presenting them with a unique opportunity to be world, European and Olympic champions simultaneously. And while the British remain unsure what to make of football at the Games, a legacy perhaps of the 50-year absence of representatives in the sport, or of the improvised feel of a one-off team thrown together for a single summer, the Spanish have no such doubts.

The Manchester United goalkeeper sits on the steps at the Spanish Football Federation's HQ in Las Rozas, north-west of Madrid. It is half past 10 at night but is still hot. Down the passageway, across the main pitch and into the building opposite, a collection of paintings was unveiled in the spring. They depict the five greatest moments of Spain's footballing history. There was no question which moments would be chosen. One of the paintings shows Atlético Madrid's Kiko at Camp Nou, scoring the goal that won Spain an Olympic gold in 1992.

De Gea is too young to remember it – he was one at the time – but he, like the rest of Spain, will have seen the goal hundreds of times, fully aware of its significance. "This is a huge event, worldwide," he says, "one that has enormous repercussions." And De Gea looks surprised at the suggestion that for a footballer the Olympics do not really hold that much that attraction. "They're attractive, they're attractive," he insists. "We're talking about a unique competition; special, completely different. One we're taking very seriously."

How seriously the Spanish are taking it is apparent in the names that make up their squad. Juan Mata, Jordi Alba and Javi Martínez will all be there, having been winners at Euro 2012. Sergio Busquets, too, wanted to go. "That," De Gea says, "says it all. These are players who have won everything with the senior side and yet they desperately wanted to be here with us too."

Mata, like De Gea, was among those who helped Spain win the European Under-21 championship last summer and that side provides the basis of this one: of the starting XI in the 2011 final only Dídac Vilà and the injured Thiago are not in Spain's Olympic squad and Vilà's place has been taken by Alba. Spain have not used the over-age rule to pack in random star names; instead they have chosen continuity. Great Britain may be calling itself Team GB but, unlike Stuart Pearce's side, Spain really are a team.

"We have played together for a long time, we know each other, how we play, how we work, and we get on well," De Gea says, as Iker Muniain, his inseparable room-mate, stands a few metres away giggling. "We look forward to meeting up and playing together. We play like the senior side. The style is the same at all levels, which facilitates things: bring the ball out from the back, keep possession, work gaps to create chances. It's like that from the Under-15s all the way through. That's the Spanish way and it has triumphed.

"The senior side has set the bar so high and, whether we like it or not, that puts the pressure on us. It also motivates us, though. We want to try to emulate them. It won't be easy but we know that we have a good team. People have asked me if I would like to be the man of the tournament. I'd much rather it was one of the attacking players."

Attacking players like Mata, who has won Euro championships at senior, Under-21 and club level in the last 12 months; Atlético Madrid's Adrián, who was second top scorer in last year's Europa League; Athletic Bilbao's Muniain, finalist in the Europa League and the Copa del Rey; or Malaga's creative forward Isco, described by the former sporting director of the federation as the most talented player of his generation.

At the end of last season, as Manchester United's players packed their bags and went their separate ways, still unable to explain how the league title had escaped them in the very last minute of the very last game, Ryan Giggs turned to De Gea and said: "See you in the final." It seems plausible to imagine the 21-year-old Spaniard playing at Wembley on 11 August. It is not so easy to imagine Giggs. One man who will definitely not be there is David Beckham.

"I would love to play Britain in the final but in truth what really matters is that we are there," De Gea says. "It might have been good for the country if Beckham had been there, for the people who come to watch, but Giggs is going and he is a crack. He's a good guy, a magnificent person: straightforward, humble. It's incredible the way he is playing at 38. I think you're probably born with that: he has the genes. And he really looks after himself.

"We'll be playing at Old Trafford too, which will make it even more special for me and might mean that we have the fans on our side: I always feel like Spanish football is popular in England. And it's right next to my home."

Talk of Beckham, Giggs and Old Trafford means that conversation naturally turns to Manchester United and De Gea's first season in a new country and in a new league. "My English is getting better," he says. "I understand most things but I find it harder to speak. English football is different, especially for a goalkeeper. It's more aggressive, more physical. It's far, far harder. The ball is in the air more and you get pushed about. And the referees don't blow anything!"

It was precisely that side of the game that led Sir Alex Ferguson to demand that De Gea put on weight. The question is: How? He grins: "Eat."

Eat? In England? "Well …" he says, leaving a pause that invites one to add the punch line. The reputedly terrible state of English food is a Spanish obsession, almost a comic staple. "Eat well and lots of gym work," he continues. "We're not talking about a huge amount anyway: just four or five kilos. The other thing is that I am still young and I will naturally fill out anyway."

And the eye operation? "I'm just short-sighted, like loads of people. I wear contact lenses – in fact, I've got new ones – and I can see perfectly well, just like anyone. I don't understand the fuss. I put lenses in and . . . perfecto.

"There have been doubts in the first season but I always had faith in my ability. The pressure at an elite club like United is huge but Ferguson just told me to do what I did at Atlético. You have to be as strong when things go wrong but I don't get nervous. Mistakes are normal; everyone makes them.

"I think that at times people don't realise that it's not easy. You travel a lot, you work hard. When you come home in Spain, your family are waiting for you. When you're in England, they're not. For a Spaniard it's different. What are the worst things? From a Spaniards' perspective, it rains a lot, it's cloudy, it gets dark very early, maybe you're a bit bored. The winter can be hard: playing over Christmas is a big change. The food: it's not bad but it's not the same. You miss friends and family. People don't always appreciate that. There are hard moments.

"But those are the sacrifices you have to make to keep on growing and to improve as a footballer. And when you play, when you go on to the pitch, when you hear that atmosphere, when you play the game, that small sadness gets washed away. And then you're happy."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mirror reporting we have agreed a fee for Lucas. £26M.

No quotes or proof or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

TheTownie wrote: »

Story was around twitter earlier alright.

Dear god I hope its true. Hopefully Raf has been hounding him about joining.:)
    Iker Muniain, his inseparable room-mate

Get to work on him David..convince him United is where his future lies.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheTownie wrote: »

It is sad that a paper reporting something like that in such a concrete fashion still leaves people looking for confirmation from elsewhere. An article like that SHOULD be confirmation. Stupid tabloids!

Surely it is him or Van Persie... I can't see how Van Persie fits into the side regardless, but really have no freaking clue what Fergie is planning if we got both - really, no clue at all. Baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Some responses to Lucas story;
    Chris Atkins ‏@Chris_Elastico
    Lucas Moura - Exciting certainly. Massive fee and great expectations for someone so young, but it's a good time to negotiate fees in Euro!

My view on Mirror report is: Papers don't often report as 'fact' if they aren't certain, but sources can mislead

Iain Luxford ‏@Luxinho77
    There may be something in the Mirror/Lucas report as h has just tweeted his love for SPFC!! Uh oh

Also on Angelo Henriquez who Utd have been linked with;
    Angelo Henriquez doing well for Chile at MIlk Cup 2012. Will MUFC step in now? My view is one more year in Chile, then he will come.

if we did sign Lucas....

Rooney up top with a trio from Valencia/Kagawa/Nani/Young/Lucas could be awesome - though I can see Nani being sold to be honest.

If we sign RVP (which would shock me) I can't work out what Fergie would be planning to do - not with the signings we have/look to make.

Kagawa, Powell, Lucas and RVP..... what odds would you have got on that earlier in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

RVP looking for wages of £195,000 according the the twitter machine

Does that put us out of contention if true?

he was never going to go on to a bracket below Rooney, so I don't think the wages would be a surprise to anyone - or at least they shouldn't be. If we were to pull out based on wages it would be odd, but then our dealings are odd, so who knows what will happen!

how much is Berba on? with Owen gone and then assuming that Berba goes (which he 100% will if RVP signs) then thats 2 players off the wage bill with PIG pogba and park also gone plus Fabio on loan.

so in essence, we should have a decent wage package to offer RVP. the thing is, if you believe the reports from most people, he wants to play for united, the only problem is the fee and uniteds valuation of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-land-lucas-moura-1154311

Tomorrows Mirror reporting a £26m deal for Moura subject to medical. At first glance it seems a big fee but when you think of Baines being mentioned at £20m, Downing to Liverpool for the guts of £20m and other looney fees, we may be getting quite a bargain. Anoter rumour from Metro ( I know:rolleyes::rolleyes:) saying we are in for Dembele and still in for RVP. Love to know where the cash is coming from. This is what it must feel like to be City!

n32 wrote: »

Love to know where the cash is coming from. !

well the club has turned over 200million in operating profit over the past 2 years plus has a cash overflow of 80million lying around for the past 3 years.

maybe they are fully sure of getting the IPO to pay off the debt, meaning less interest to be paid, therefore more money for transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lucas, Nani, Valencia and Young. That is too much money spent on wingers. We would have over £30m of wingers sitting on the bench each week if Lucas starts with one from the rest. This is a very inefficient way to spend transfer money.

If this Lucas transfer goes through then it looks like we are turning into a club like Real or Man City. Spending significant money on players we don't need then wasting them because you can only start eleven players. And before anybody says it, no there aren't enough games to go around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

This is the reason why I think we'll sign Lucas.

Kagawa was basically tied up in June, we then wanted Hazard. We didn't get Hazard so going after Lucas shouldn't be a massive surprise?

I thought the RvP rumours were just rumours until they confirmed the bid.

If 26 million is the fee then imo it's a small risk for Man Utd. He looks like a brilliant player, also Chelsea have signed Oscar and Hazard so no reason why we can't get Kagawa and Lucas.

I said before that 4-4-2 is going out of fashion, it's defendable. Ask any lowly placed club and I'm sure they'd prefer crosses into the box all day than facing a passing/moving type of play.

Lucas loves to drift, wide and centrally - so I could see him being one of the 3 picked from 5 - Nani, Kagawa, Lucas, Valencia, Young. Of those 5, only Valencia has a set position, the other 4 could start anywhere in the attacking line.

I would also reckon there is a good chance Nani will be on his way this summer; no news on his contract talks at all, which is a worry.

• Advertisement

Lucas loves to drift, wide and centrally - so I could see him being one of the 3 picked from 5 - Nani, Kagawa, Lucas, Valencia, Young. Of those 5, only Valencia has a set position, the other 4 could start anywhere in the attacking line.

I would also reckon there is a good chance Nani will be on his way this summer; no news on his contract talks at all, which is a worry.

I'm a huge fan of Nanis, but I think if we got 30m for him I'd take it. Moura has the potential to be even better than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Samich wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of Nanis, but I think if we got 30m for him I'd take it. Moura has the potential to be even better than him.

I hate the idea of selling Nani but he's worth a hell of a lot more than 30 million. I'd be looking for upwards of 40. He's 25, coming into the prime of his career and has been performing at a very, very high level for over two years now.

I hope he doesn't go but if he has to then Gill better squeeze every single penny out of the deal. Bale was mentioned in the £50 million category before he signed the contract and I believe Nani is a better player, so we should at least look for the same.

I hate the idea of selling Nani but he's worth a hell of a lot more than 30 million. I'd be looking for upwards of 40. He's 25, coming into the prime of his career and has been performing at a very, very high level for over two years now.

I hope he doesn't go but if he has to then Gill better squeeze every single penny out of the deal. Bale was mentioned in the £50 million category before he signed the contract and I believe Nani is a better player, so we should at least look for the same.

Ah but Bale is British and has a long time on his contract? How many years has Nani?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

If those players are up for the central spot as well then that means that Welbeck and Chicharito will have extremely limited playing time. That isn't such a direct waste of money (because Welbeck and Hernandez were cheap/free), but it would still be a waste imo. They are both good enough to start for the club and both have great potential too. Four attackers from Nani, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck and Chico. They are all good enough to start at the highest level and Hernandez and Valencia are the only ones who can only play one position.

That's the only way this Lucas deal makes sense to me.
    also Chelsea have signed Oscar and Hazard so no reason why we can't get Kagawa and Lucas.

Just because Chelsea do stupid shít doesn't mean we should as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Pro. F wrote: »

If those players are up for the central spot as well then that means that Welbeck and Chicharito will have extremely limited playing time. That isn't such a direct waste of money (because Welbeck and Hernandez were cheap/free), but it would still be a waste imo. They are both good enough to start for the club and both have great potential too. Four attackers from Nani, Young, Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck and Chico. They are all good enough to start at the highest level and Hernandez and Valencia are the only ones who can only play one position.

That's the only way this Lucas deal makes sense to me.
    also Chelsea have signed Oscar and Hazard so no reason why we can't get Kagawa and Lucas.

Just because Chelsea do stupid shít doesn't mean we should as well.
    You can never have enough quality. Just remember our annual injury crises where midfielders are playing in defence and park and rafael are midfield! I'll take as much quality as possible . Keeps players on their toes when competition for places is intense

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement