Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Pj! wrote: »
    Is there a press conference before or after the game today?

Be very interesting to see what Fergie says about Moura.
    It's likely he won't say anything, or avoid most of the questions, I think the fact that United have stated an interest in Lucas Moura is enough for Fergie, I can't ever remember him mentioning anything more on a transfer negotiation which is still on-going. He's not a man fond of giving too much to the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I should be ready to serve around 12:45

I'd love a helping too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Watched him playing for Great Britain last Friday, nothing special from him, I liked him last year before he got bad injury, but after that he was not a player he used to be. Hopefully he will prove me wrong after few matches, Maybe he need few matches to get back where he should be. United need a midfielder who bites like Scholesy or Keano and Robson. Carrick a good player but bit too softie.

It seems like he had some sort of falling out with Fergie when he came back last year. He only got one or two appearances in his proper position and one appearance on the wing, which is no good for him. It was very strange considering how we were fùcked whenever Scholes ran out of gas. Homerjay was talking about rumours going around of a falling out with Fergie and that's the only thing that makes sense to me.

This Olympics could be a gift for him if Team GB can put any sort of form together and he continues to play centrally. He definitely needs games badly just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

22:20. Ahead of the match, there's a rumour going round the Chinese media that the owner of Shanghai Shenhua, 45-year-old Zhu Jun, is, erm, going to play! Nope, you read that right. In fact, he is apparently going to be in the starting line-up!

:rolleyes:

What a tit

EDIT: It appears he also 'played' against Liverpool a few years ago.

WIKI:
    Controversy

Zhu Jun has been infamous for interfering with the team management of Shanghai Shenhua football club.[citation needed] On August 4, 2007, he even forced the manager to name him in the squad of Shanghai Shenhua in a game against English giants Liverpool FC [1]
    In the 2011 season because of the shortage of cash, Zhu Jun decided to sell most players in the squad including the top goal scorer Duvier Riascos, Du Wei and Gao Lin, causing the team to free-fall in the league. On August 17, 2011, the angered fans openly demanded Zhu Jun to leave the club from the stand of Hongkou Stadium. Shortly after the club reacted by declaring that the club considered moving the team out of Shanghai, which further infuriated the supporters.[citation needed][2]
    Zhu Jun is notorious for his bizzare way of managing the club and his lack of respect for his employees. In April 2012 he decided to sack all the coaches assisting manager Jean Tigana just after 5 matches in the league and in this way he intended to force Jean Tigana to resign.[3] It is believed that the reason behind his behavior was his recurring financial problem. His notorious strategy was to sign big-name players and managers at the very beginning even the promised wages of these signings were beyond his financial capability. In doing so he managed to attract the attention, which helped to promote his own business. Subsequently he found excuses to fire them and tried every method to avoid the payment of the wage. He paid a few local media for writing comments helpful for that endeavour. Now he already has signed to Sanghai sen-hua Chelsea players Anelka and Drogba

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is he any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is he any use?

he's younger than giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Sky are reporting that Lucas Moura wants negotiations with United to continue.

He has told his agent to keep negotiating. Thats great news. He obviously likes the idea of playing for United. Thats reason to sign him right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

GSPfan wrote: »

He has told his agent to keep negotiating. Thats great news. He obviously likes the idea of playing for United. Thats reason to sign him right there.

In my opinion, his agent is desperate to sell Moura, to who ever pays the most money. His comments aren't to be taken seriously. He says Lucas is happy to stay in Sao Paulo to encourage Utd to try harder to get him. It's all BS talk from a greedy agent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

In my opinion, his agent is desperate to sell Moura, to who ever pays the most money. His comments aren't to be taken seriously. He says Lucas is happy to stay in Sao Paulo to encourage Utd to try harder to get him. It's all BS talk from a greedy agent.

Yeah, but at the same time, the agent isn't whoring him out to multiple clubs either.

It's a rediculous situation to be in. It's in the best interest of the club to sell before August 1st but would cost the agent 3m, and vice versa after August 1st.

It could scupper any move by itself. I'm still confident that the transfer will go through before August 1st though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Saying that a player is happy to stay at Sao Paulo is the same trick used by every player so that they dont piss off supporters. If United pull out and he has to stay where he is then he needs to be able to say he never wanted to go.

The only telling fact in that report is that he told his agent to keep trying to make it happen. That shows that as soon as a bid is accepted he is as good as ours.

Basically what happened with Moura is that the agent wagner Ribeiro said this:
    "They (Man Utd) have reached their limit".
    "Lucas Moura won't leave. He is happy at Sao Paulo. We have to forget this subject. There is no possibility he leaves now.
    "Manchester United made an offer, which was rejected and they won't make another one as they have reached their limit."

Sao Paolo thought something along the lines of 'What the f**k are you doing!?' and released the statement:
    “I don’t rule out the possibility that in the future we open negotiations with Manchester United as we received them with great courtesy,”
    “And there is the possibility they come back with another offer. Their approach was serious.

Moura also thought what the f**k are you doing? and instructed the agent to keep negotiating.
    "The player is my boss, I always talk to him," Ribeiro told Radio Globo.
    "He determines what I do, my objectives. If he says that he doesn't want to leave Sao Paulo, I won't even listen to the offer.
    "He told me to keep negotiating when I talked about Manchester United's interest.
    "It's a great offer. If it was an irrecusable one, he would leave, but he is happy at Sao Paulo too. If he stays there, life goes on."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I should be ready to serve around 12:45

Mucho Appreciado!! :D
    GSPfan wrote: »

thats what IO like to hear - someone with a genuine interest in joining us - inlike the Hazard debacle - or someone who shall remain nameless - let's just call him Wesley S....

No that's far to obvious...... W. Sneijder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Didn't Anelka threaten to quit over the owner playing a league match or something for Shanghai. Maybe it's the way forward! I'd say David Gill would be a savage CB being the size he is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Definitely wouldn't be letting both the man and the ball past him anyway, one or the other :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Whisper this very quietly, because if Sgt Pepper hears it will be bad, but honestly, as much as like him, if we pay more for Lucas then Chelsea will for Oscar we are getting a bad deal.

If there is any hope to hi jack the Oscar deal we should also do that :)

(Got me thinking about him again as we were talking about Scholes replacements)

He can control the tempo of a game, is two footed, creates, scores, can play in a two man midfield, 3 or behind the striker. Is quiet in the same manner as Scholes too actually, does his talking on the pitch etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

VW 1 wrote: »
    I can't imagine the agent will get paid differently regardless of the split in cash to SPFC and Lucas' father. The agent doesn't own any of Lucas so will probably get the same commission regardless of when the deal takes place.

Given that the club are likely to lose 10% of the sale they would surely try and demand a higher fee, and a higher fee would most likely mean the agent gets more. Either that or the agent is in line to get a percentage of the money Lucas himself gets so 30% instead of 20% to Lucas would mean more money for the agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

How much is Oscar reportedly going for?? Only seen him play against Team GB (God I hate that name) and himself and Neymar were excellent for Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kryogen wrote: »
    Whisper this very quietly, because if Sgt Pepper hears it will be bad, but honestly, as much as like him, if we pay more for Lucas then Chelsea will for Oscar we are getting a bad deal.

If there is any hope to hi jack the Oscar deal we should also do that :)

(Got me thinking about him again as we were talking about Scholes replacements)

He can control the tempo of a game, is two footed, creates, scores, can play in a two man midfield, 3 or behind the striker. Is quiet in the same manner as Scholes too actually, does his talking on the pitch etc

Always lurking :D

Yep a few of us Blues have been scratching our heads about exactly where Oscar would fit in, and the conclusion was.... A Lampard replacement!
    he will be a gamble though, pretty much built his rep on the back of a U20's World cup and theres more come from Brazil and failed than been a success

Your welcome to Lucas and his aimless dribbling ;)
    Bit surprised if you splash the cash on him rather than a more established player, because I think the quality of your recruits hasnt been what it once was, the team quality is declining and its Fergie who is driving them, but once he goes? Utd should be in for the top stars, but you wont or cant pay the prices.
    Thats why I think Fergie has gone all public on his dealings this season - sending a message to the owners to splash the cash. He obviously knows Utd are getting left behind by mentioning Chelsea and City. And no, thats not a dig, its just an outside observation, that again is shared by other Utd fans. You need a quality midfielder who can play at the top level right now, not years later for one

Any line up news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If he does what he does at 1:07, I can see Fergie having words with him :P

(Turn down the volume, The song is horrific )

• Advertisement

That Casillero del Diablo (wine) advert on MUTV is really starting to bug me. Is is shown at every break?
    Real cringeworthy stuff, especially by Rooney. I don't think he'd count acting abilities as a strong point!

Here it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

@DiscoMirror: #MUFC XI v Shanghai: Lindegaard, Veseli, Ferdinand, Carrick, Brady, Anderson, Powell, Kagawa, Petrucci, Valencia, Macheda” 

Looks a very good line up, will be good to see how Macheda gets on, he should be an improvement on Chico anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Carrick at cb?

No Anelka or Drogba for the other team .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

No Anelka or Drogba for the other team .

Is the owner starting or on the bench??

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Carrick at cb?

Could be Veseli CB, Valencia RB...

Who the **** knows tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Carrick at cb?

Would imagine so, can't see who else could be played there.

Kagawa off Macheda, or a 3 man middle with Valencia, Kiko and Kagawa front 3? Probably a mixture of the two plans.

Are Drogba and Anelka on their bench or not in the squad at all?

looking forward to seeing powell :D

• Advertisement

Im serving the dish now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Im serving the dish now,

Copper_pipe has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Could you send me the recipe? I am hungry! :D

cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

how do people not know where to get recipes at this stage?

Copper_pipe has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Could you send me the recipe? I am hungry! :D

cheers!

Try now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I don't think Moura's agent is his father. His father is Jorge Rodrigues where as the agent is called Wagner Ribeiro. Unless he has two, which would seem pointless.

how do people not know where to get recipes at this stage?

I don't cook that often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fox Soccer commentators or Paddy Crerand?

It's a lose-lose. :(

Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes says he remains hopeful an agreement with Man Utd can still be reached over Lucas Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Shocking to find this threads is talking about cooking, It is putting me off my dinner, Thought this threads should be about United Gossips and News.. Bear in mind, I am not angry but found it strange.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

In work again today so I'll be following this through the medium of posts on this thread. Will be interesting how the midfield lines out. I wonder will Powell be given much defensive responsibility. Not that it really matters much against this type of opposition.

Shocking to find this threads is talking about cooking, It is putting me off my dinner, Thought this threads should be about United Gossips and News.. Bear in mind, I am not angry but found it strange.:confused:

I'm preparing a nice omlette right now. Should be ready in about 27 minutes.

Mike Phelan in the short sleeve shirt and tie! :D

Brilliant strength from Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Paddy slipping in a bit of casual racism already.

Is Powell on the left?

• Advertisement

Was that Anderson with that great pass through the middle?

LOF stream won't load in work. :( Must be block.

Still, can watch it on my phone. :)

That was a peno.

That's crap reffing.

Gonna be a great battle between Brady and the no.4. The no.4 has pace to burn!

How was that a free out ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement