Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

kryogen wrote: »
    Looked good today for the most part, think someone said the last game was his first for about 8 months? Could actually be useful to have in the squad this year :eek:

Probably better to send him on loan again and hope it goes better though

There was a lot of touches though today, and turns especially, where in the PL he'll lose possession. I wouldn't take too much from these games /clichè

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Great bunch of lads all the same.

not really, there's something fairly sinister about the whole thing, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Des wrote: »
    There's a grand little clique after forming in this thread over the last four months or so.

Lots of backslapping and the likes going on.

Cool.

I heard they all wear custom embroidered leather jackets and they all have mustaches.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    they all have mustaches.

even the female member(s)?

I hope not, because the only person in the world cool enough to sport a moustache is Ron Swanson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Kagawa is going to make a big difference to our ability to keep possession this year. His movement, touch awareness is all top class! Get him into the FF teams early I would think :)

even the female member(s)?

I hope not, because the only person in the world cool enough to sport a moustache is Ron Swanson.

I hear they give Mars Bar one of those fake ones with the fake nose and glasses attached.

And on the Ron Swanson, agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

There's a grand little clique after forming in this thread over the last four months or so.

Lots of backslapping and the likes going on.

Cool.

Are ya feeling left out Des?

killwill wrote: »
    Are ya feeling left out Des?

Have my own clique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Have my own clique.

Oh I am well aware of that! lol

omglol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Great bunch of lads all the same.

not really, there's something fairly sinister about the whole thing, imo

Its like faculty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Have my own clique.

Untitled-1.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God damn it. Got to see the first 60 mins or so and had to go out.....and I missed Kagawa's first goal? Damn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Here's Kagawa's goal. Great play from Bebe. Thank god I got my sig before he turns into a superstar. I can say I was with him from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Very very impressed with Kawinga performance, and Bebe too, I will be looking forward to a new season with Kawinga. Happy Days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Felexicon wrote: »
    Wind your neck in son. I don't see you listed as a mod here

lol @ 12 year old calling people "son"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Very very impressed with Kawinga performance, and Bebe too, I will be looking forward to a new season with Kawinga. Happy Days.

Kagawa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Quandary wrote: »
    Kagawa is going to make a big difference to our ability to keep possession this year. His movement, touch awareness is all top class! Get him into the FF teams early I would think :)

Cant guarantee he starts with the amount of players that could start at United. Rooney is the safest choice, and that's gone if we sign RVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I can't f*cking wait for the seaon to start - then hopefully some of the bullsh!t comments we have seen recently will stop and we can talk about football....... for the love of god I just want to talk about the football!!

And I really hate that whole "clique" talk - people who agree with one another do not a clique make!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just for the speed of passing and touch, I would can't wait to see a front five of Carrick, Cleverley, Valencia, Kagawa, Nani and Rooney. Carrick in there for realism. The play of Welbeck in combination with Cleverley is always nice to see too, so having him in there (for Rooney or Nani/Valencia) would be promising too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

titan18 wrote: »
    Cant guarantee he starts with the amount of players that could start at United. Rooney is the safest choice, and that's gone if we sign RVP

If Kagawa doesn't start at least 32 of next years FPL games, I'd be absolutely stunned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If Kagawa doesn't start at least 32 of next years FPL games, I'd be absolutely stunned.
    FPL Games? You need to step away from fantasy football, for your own good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have my own clique.

0.jpg

• Advertisement

FPL Games? You need to step away from fantasy football, for your own good.

Haha. Touche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Felexicon

keane2097 wrote: »
    lol @ 12 year old calling people "son"
    The only 12 year old around here is my whiskey son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A serious man crush on Bebe getting him on the new jersey im sure it will come with alot of abuse. I got Forlan on my jersey when he couldnt score in a brothel and got alot of abuse he didnt turn out too bad.

In terms of development Bebe is older but in football education and development he is way below alot of the reserve players. What is he 20/21 but raw with alot of promise. If he was 18 and didnt cost such a big fee im sure people would be excited over him. Its not like he is too old in two or three seasons he could be a good striker. People laughed at his crossing but he is not a winger. He has alot of promise as a striker. Their are alot of good players who werent doing much at his age and turned out to be good players. I think Bebe will turn out to be a better player than Macheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah fantacy football took away from my enjoyment of actual football - backed away from that a long time ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-ie/betting/e/3070206/sp/Shinji-Kagawa-Specials.html

4/1 for Kagawa to start 26 PL games or more, it was 11/2 at one stage. Great value tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I think Kagawa will settle in very quickly. I can see him being in the starting 11 more often than not. I know it's only a handful of preseason games we've seen him feature in but his stats in the Bundesliga speak for themselves.

If we could only sign a more rounded midfielder now we would be laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thought I had wondered into the Liverpool thread by mistake

Lots of in fighting coupled with outrageous optimism about a new player based on a friendly game against no mark opposition :p

lol @ old guy posting like 12 year old in that case.

page0_blog_entry34-mj-laughing.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lots of in fighting coupled with outrageous optimism about a new player based on a friendly game against no mark opposition :p

Think its safe to say Kagawa is a good player, you dont win Bundesliga player of the year being ****e :D

You strike me as someone who knows enough about world football to know that you realize that this statement is complete bullsh!t.

Really, Rooney was the only one last year to play more than that. A lot could depend on how far we get into the CL, and rotation might kick in at those points. I'll be surprised if any midfielder other than Carrick starts more than 32 games tbh, especially if Lucas and RVP are bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

God damn it. Got to see the first 60 mins or so and had to go out.....and I missed Kagawa's first goal? Damn...

It's up on YouTube, on my phone so you'll have to search for it ;)

Really, Rooney was the only one last year to play more than that. A lot could depend on how far we get into the CL, and rotation might kick in at those points. I'll be surprised if any midfielder other than Carrick starts more than 32 games tbh, especially if Lucas and RVP are bought.

Clearly I'm basing this on current squad members. If he stays injury free, I cannot see many players competing for the exact position he plays.

Might throw some money on that bet above!

Clearly I'm basing this on current squad members. If he stays injury free, I cannot see many players competing for the exact position he plays.

Might throw some money on that bet above!

I see it as Rooney will start, and then 3 positions open up to Nani, Valencia, Young, Kagawa, Welbeck and Hernandez. Some games will be Kagawa as AM behind Rooney, others will have him on the left, and others will be Welbeck or Hernandez up top. Will be difficult to judge who starts, and having a player who gets rotated is horrible in FPL.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-ie/betting/e/3070206/sp/Shinji-Kagawa-Specials.html

4/1 for Kagawa to start 26 PL games or more, it was 11/2 at one stage. Great value tbf.

Extremely unlikely that a price that's shortened from 11/2 to 4/1 is good value - hope you got the 11/2!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Think its safe to say Kagawa is a good player, you dont win Bundesliga player of the year being ****e :D

Kagawa didn't win POTY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Felexicon

lol @ old guy posting like 12 year old in that case.
    So anybody over 12 is an old guy now
    seems legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Kagawa didn't win POTY.

According to google, I see articles suggesting both he and Lewandowski won the award. Weird

edit: It must be two different awards, like a players award and writers award or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Extremely unlikely that a price that's shortened from 11/2 to 4/1 is good value - hope you got the 11/2!

I stayed away from it completely tbh, just found it interesting. I'd still personally say the 4/1 is still value, if I was compiling the odds I'd price it around 9/4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Somebody give Sgt. Pepper's carer a shout. He's after getting at the computer again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Despite my reservations of Kawaga, I have come full-circle. I think he'll get player of the year. I haven't seen him play yet but I've heard he's very accomplished with good control. Defo no Park II (workrate + energy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone have an idea what his odds are for PFA Player of the Year?

Paddy Power seem to have everyone listed bar Kagawa.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Despite my reservations of Kawaga, I have come full-circle. I think he'll get player of the year. I haven't seen him play yet but I've heard he's very accomplished with good control. Defo no Park II (workrate + energy).
    <br />

WTF? You've seriously got to be taking the piss/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You strike me as someone who knows enough about world football to know that you realize that this statement is complete bullsh!t.

You have been struck incorrectly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement