Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Despite my reservations of Kawaga, I have come full-circle. I think he'll get player of the year. I haven't seen him play yet but I've heard he's very accomplished with good control. Defo no Park II (workrate + energy).

K-A-G-A-W-A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

<br />

WTF? You've seriously got to be taking the piss/

No. It's the German Bundesliga player of the year stuff that has changed my mind. I never really factored that in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

tvercetti wrote: »
    K-A-G-A-W-A

K-A-W-A-S-A-K-I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Kagawa looked real class today, if he has a decent first season he could be a great player for us. If he can get 10+ goals from midfield that would be amazing and take the burden off Rooney a bit who scores in patches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shinji Kagawa 香川真司 means “true ruler” in Japanese.

Kid-small.jpg

• Advertisement

Can anyone resize the above for a sig for me???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Kagawa looked real class today, if he has a decent first season he could be a great player for us. If he can get 10+ goals from midfield that would be amazing and take the burden off Rooney a bit who scores in patches.

Cheers for that,nice play by Bebe to set Kagawa up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Bad tackle in the match from Shouting Wang (lol) on Powell... studs up and everything, could've been a nasty injury there.

CCE8E72E49594E81BEFEFF05F2FAE05C.ashx?h=179&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=7,28,520,411

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4412714/My-Club-Sky-Sports-News-presenter-and-Man-Utd-fan-Hayley-McQueen.html

Yes. It's a link to the Sun, but WAIT, before you make me get my coat....

Contains lots of Hayley McQueen and a great anecdote about Ronaldo and the tea lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Beckham > Roy Keane?

Good thing you're good looking love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Oscar deal just announced by chelsea. Done and dusted. No chance of a hijack now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Sometimes I think you're on crack, it's not far greater, clev and even ando showed in spurts last season that they MAY have the capability to be scholes esque add to that powell coming through there is ample time to wait and see if one of these can progress into that role without spending £35 million.

Carrick has NO replacement that can do his role, bar maybe Phil Jones who hasn't done it all that well in the few games it's been asked of him, Carrick is fine at what he does but hes approaching 32, there is no backup for him, his distribution of the ball in Europe is not what it is in the premiership, while I don't agree with all who say he's terrible under pressure he's just a tad limited and can't create the space he needs via quick turn/touch here or there.

So to answer your question, replacing someone who has NO backup in the team or replacing someone who can still cut it for half a season here or there with 3 possible stand in's...I know what I'd be choosing.

Also Carrick would still get game time, but in those big big European games where we need someone to come looking for the ball off the defence get a quick turn in and distribute it to kags / schooles, martinez is our man not modric.,

Cleverley, haven't seen any special passes from him yet. He plays lots of 10 yard passes.

Scholes is one of the best passers in the league, yet he's easier to replace than a defensive midfielder? :confused:

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Oscar deal just announced by chelsea. Done and dusted. No chance of a hijack now.

Looks a real prospect tbh,good deal,how does he compare to Moura?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

dahat wrote: »
    Looks a real prospect tbh,good deal,how does he compare to Moura?

Seems to be further along in his development that moura. Think he will be a good signing for Chelsea.

Des wrote: »
    There's a grand little clique after forming in this thread over the last four months or so.

Lots of backslapping and the likes going on.

Cool.

I said this weeks and weeks ago when the feedback thread was open. I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Samich wrote: »
    Des wrote: »
    There's a grand little clique after forming in this thread over the last four months or so.

Lots of backslapping and the likes going on.

Cool.

I said this weeks and weeks ago when the feedback thread was open. I'm not the only one.

As a relative newcomer to the thread, I can say I see no issue with posters forming cliques here. The vast majority just seem friendly tbh. Anyway not the place to discuss it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anybody who's been watching the friendlies care to comment how robbie brady has been performing?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    As a relative newcomer to the thread, I can say I see no issue with posters forming cliques here. The vast majority just seem friendly tbh. Anyway not the place to discuss it

Well the feedback wasn't the place to discuss it apparantly either, where is the place?

Hardly friendly when you more or less get accused of trolling for saying Nani should be starting on the right wing instead of Valenica while another poster says Michael Carrick is a useless footballer and nothing happens.

racso1975 wrote: »
    Anybody who's been watching the friendlies care to comment how robbie brady has been performing?

I thought he was good today, others thought not. Think he looked intelligent and defended well.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Quandary wrote: »
    I think Kagawa will settle in very quickly. I can see him being in the starting 11 more often than not. I know it's only a handful of preseason games we've seen him feature in but his stats in the Bundesliga speak for themselves.

If we could only sign a more rounded midfielder now we would be laughing.

Agreed Kagawa will gel into the premiership like a duck to the water..:cool:

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Quandary
    I think Kagawa will settle in very quickly. I can see him being in the starting 11 more often than not. I know it's only a handful of preseason games we've seen him feature in but his stats in the Bundesliga speak for themselves.

If we could only sign a more rounded midfielder now we would be laughing.

Anderson is rounded in more ways than one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

...while another poster says Michael Carrick is a useless footballer and nothing happens.

Who said this?

Pro. F wrote: »
    Who said this?

Doesn't matter who said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Just on Anderson, I've said it before in here, but the fact that he is SO left footed is a real hindrance imo, there was a moment in the game earlier that highlighted it yet again, he picked it up in a good position and (i think) Valencia had made a good run down the right, instead of playing it to him with his right, he turned around and played a lateral ball to the left, the move lost all pace and we ended up playing it around midfield again.

This may be a small issue to some and a non issue to others but every time i see it, it annoys the hell out of me!

Am I making something of nothing?

Also, less bitching please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Doesn't matter who said it.

Yes it does. Because in the last few days you have claimed more than once that I said it and, each time, I have explained to you that that is not my view on Carrick. Now you have changed to claiming ''somebody'' said it, so it is obvious you are lying.

Yes it does. Because in the last few days you have claimed more than once that I said it and, each time, I have explained to you that that is not my view on Carrick. Now you have changed to claiming ''somebody'' said it, so it is obvious you are lying.

You said he was a useless footballer, I'll find the post when I can be bothered looking for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

No, he didn't.

This is Pro.F's only post with the phrase useless footballer in it:
    I clarified to you the other day what my stance is on Carrick. As I said, I have always maintained that he is a limited player who is good at defending, but poor in possession. As I said the other day, if I have exaggerated and called him useless sometimes it is clearly not my view on him, because I have expressed my true, more balanced view countless times. Stop pretending that I am saying he is a useless footballer. Stop misrepresenting what I say about Carrick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well the feedback wasn't the place to discuss it apparantly either, where is the place?

Hardly friendly when you more or less get accused of trolling for saying Nani should be starting on the right wing instead of Valenica while another poster says Michael Carrick is a useless footballer and nothing happens.

I don't know if it's a "clique" or if it's just some posters don't like some opinions and pull the troll card way too quickly. The twice I've tried to start discussions in this topic (once with a hypothetical question, once with a personal opinion of preferring one player over another that resulted in me being told my opinion was wrong), I've been met with a fair bit of hostility and a complete lack of willingness to engage in a debate. That's not to say the users in general are unfriendly, but there seems to be a vocal minority who refuse, point blank, to let others have a differing opinion to them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I thought he was good today...Think he looked intelligent and defended well.

I agree with this, look strong in the tackles and good going forward, was a bit rash at times but he should mature with game time! I have high hopes for him!

• Advertisement

I don't know if it's a "clique" or if it's just some posters don't like some opinions and pull the troll card way too quickly. The twice I've tried to start discussions in this topic (once with a hypothetical question, once with a personal opinion of preferring one player over another that resulted in me being told my opinion was wrong), I've been met with a fair bit of hostility and a complete lack of willingness to engage in a debate. That's not to say the users in general are unfriendly, but there seems to be a vocal minority who refuse, point blank, to let others have a differing opinion to them....

It's definitely a clique. I'd love to be able debate some things on here about it but I won't.

As soon as someone says something that mightn't be in the majority the usual suspects come along and you start getting called "retarded", "idiotic", "GTFO", That's BS", "Go watch some football" posts.

EDIT: And clearly I'm wrong on the pro f usless statement. Doesn't change my point though as in he still thinks Carrick isn't any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Ah to be fair it is friendly enough around here. Like Pudsy I'm only recently starting to post but barring the odd bit of silliness I've found it a good read and I'm not part of any clique, that's for sure.

There's more than a few knowledgeable posters here and it's great to get their points of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I wouldnt say theres a clique, just some people are wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I never understand the clique claims. It seems to be the default response by someone who can't accept being firmly called out on their BS by one or a number of posters.

Schism wrote: »
    Ah to be fair it is friendly enough around here. Like Pudsy I'm only recently starting to post but barring the odd bit of silliness I've found it a good read and I'm not part of any clique, that's for sure.

There's more than a few knowledgeable posters here and it's great to get their points of view.

Mitch is the one I enjoy reading posts of. He doesn't try to make other posters look stupid when disagreeing with them, he also doesn't make his posts sound like fact.

Blatter wrote: »
    I never understand the clique claims. It seems to be the default response by someone who can't accept being firmly called out on their BS by one or a number of posters.
    There is cliques on every forum. It's natural that informal groups are formed.

A post by someone in another forum. There is a clique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Cleverley, haven't seen any special passes from him yet. He plays lots of 10 yard passes.

Scholes is one of the best passers in the league, yet he's easier to replace than a defensive midfielder? :confused:

Samich, we dont have adequate cover for a dm and carrick suffers in europe. We have a selection of creative cms players though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Fenix wrote: »
    Just on Anderson, I've said it before in here, but the fact that he is SO left footed is a real hindrance imo, there was a moment in the game earlier that highlighted it yet again, he picked it up in a good position and (i think) Valencia had made a good run down the right, instead of playing it to him with his right, he turned around and played a lateral ball to the left, the move lost all pace and we ended up playing it around midfield again.

This may be a small issue to some and a non issue to others but every time i see it, it annoys the hell out of me!

Am I making something of nothing?

Also, less bitching please :D

Same problem as Tony V wont use his left foot at all.Cant understand how a pro footballer isn't comfortable to use is weaker foot when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Around half way through the Euro's I made the suggestion that United should be looking at someone like Moutinho/Veloso as a step-up from Carrick, my opinion on that was attacked. I was told that I didn't know anything or obviously didn't watch enough football if that was my opinion.

Then for a while when Moutinho was linked with United, there was loads of people on here saying he was exactly the type of player they needed.

I just think that most of the people here that are quick to throw most others opinions that quick out the window are actually just sheep who follow others and probably know very little themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

If someone disagrees with an opinion, why wouldn't they try debate the reason instead of callin BS?
    This is a discussion board after all

Samich, we dont have adequate cover for a dm and carrick suffers in europe. We have a selection of creative cms players though.

Anderson can do the Carrick job. He ain't a creative midfielder anyways that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Anderson is not a DM whatsoever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pro F did say Carrick was a very poor midfield player at top european level. He didn't use the term useless footballer specifically.

I can see why Samich would take that as saying Carrick is useless within the confines of talking about United.

Its a minor misunderstanding imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Junior D wrote: »
    If someone disagrees with an opinion, why wouldn't they try debate the reason instead of callin BS?
    This is a discussion board after all

I think its probably cause a lot of arguments have been had before.

Its also much worse in pre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I don't post a lot on this thread, but I do lurk on it a fair bit, so i guess I could have an informed outsiders view to an extent.

I don't think a clique is the word, but due to some poor trolls in the past, people are very quick to shoot down certain (generally negative) opinions and dismiss them as trolling, when they may just be genuinely expressing a well thought-out opinion.

People call BS from both sides of every debate. I think it's about people getting frustrated by circular arguments more so than a clique just shooting down peoples opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I say bring keano back, man was a ****ing machine!!!!

Imagine we signed keane mid 20s now Jesus it would improve the team 250%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Felexicon

The idea that a clique exists in this thread has been raised many times before.
    It's always the same posters coming out and saying there is no clique. Infact you could argue that the issue they are most cliquey about is the fact that there is no clique

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Blaaaaaah all this clique talk has my head wrecked, roll on Everton in four weeks time!

I think the problem is were running out of things to talk about, there's only so many times we can have the Carrick debate..:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

samich has a point when saying Scholes should be replaced before Carrick. When talking about the first 11 this is clearly a fair and reasonable opinion.

when it somes to what is available in the squad then yes cover for Carrick is more important.

When it comes to the question - is Carrick good enough to be first choice or should United go out and buy a better player? Then it is debatable but previous discussions prove that discussing it will only go around in circles.

SAF seems to think he is good enough so we may get on with supporting the team.

I think Kagawa's signing will help Carrick out hugely as he will help the side keep possession high up the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Felexicon wrote: »
    The idea that a clique exists in this thread has been raised many times before.
    It's always the same posters coming out and saying there is no clique. Infact you could argue that the issue they are most cliquey about is the fact that there is no clique
    I heard the
    Clique is headed by eamonn dunphy!

Now that is a ****ing head wrecker of a thought!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement