Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Keno 92 wrote: »

Midfield magician? Yeah, because he makes food disappear.

I'm here all week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

J. Marston wrote: »
    Midfield magician? Yeah, because he makes food disappear.

I'm here all week!

busey_clapping.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

anyway, the IPO being off could be awful news, BUT, i hope now they sell the club and fuc* off.

Great men to run the club, s*it men to buy it.

If they cleared the debt would you still want them to hang around, assuming the debt was cleared in a decent way ipo or some such. You say yourself that they are good men to manage the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Just back from the cork city vs utd 11 game, bout the only time I'd cheer city over utd!!!!,

Was a good game in fairness, couldn't say I knew any names or anything from the utd team but they had 1 or 2 that stood out, overall cork deserved the win though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After watching Kagawa play, I plan on putting in an order for a United jersey soon. Not sure if I should get home or away though....

• Advertisement

After watching Kagawa play, I plan on putting in an order for a United jersey soon. Not sure if I should get home or away though....

Away kit or table cloth???? Hmm.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Are they doing a new 3rd jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Some people like the home one. No need for the rolly eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

heh - Fergie reckons we were pedantic in the first half. Heh.

As for the IPO, while i do wish the Glazers would just fook off, they aren't going to so the IPO failing is a disaster. I hope they are looking at ways to make it more appealing to the market so it can be relaunched and help clear the debt.

Are they doing a new 3rd jersey?

The current blue/black one is going to be the the 3rd strip for the coming season.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

Some people like it and some don't, but the fact does remain it looks like a table cloth! Not saying anything good or bad about it to be honest just stating a fact is all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I thought the 3rd jersey was the table cloth design in black? Looked good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Samich definitely gets undeserved flak imo.

Anyways, hope Lucas is tied up soon. Looks to have great potential! Anyone actually think we will sign RVP? Can't see it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The current blue/black one is going to be the the 3rd strip for the coming season.

Phew at least that jersey lasts two seasons. It's my favourite one that they've put out for years.

Smegball wrote: »

I disagree, as I said in my reply to himself earlier, I think he brings it on himself.
    Anyways, hope Lucas is tied up soon. Looks to have great potential! Anyone actually think we will sign RVP? Can't see it myself.

While I hope I'm wrong, I have this feeling we will sign neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

For Utd jerseys are you lads going for online fakes?

online fake (of the white one). Don't have the money to be throwing on a official one.

I considered it a few months ago but then I decided not to. Realistically the fake one will only last a few months. You may even get the year out of it, but I think it's worth paying the €50 for it. I've got 9 or 10 different jerseys in my room and all of them are real. I've had them for years now and I'll probably have them for another few years. You'll definitely get your moneys worth with them anyway. I'm not so sure about that with the fakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

maybe we now wont spend any money if the IPO is gone?

the conspiracy people will be on full alert now if we dont spend and Fergies reputation is going to take some hit i guarantee.

it will look awful bad on him, that he was faking deals to try sell the IPO. the words "no value" simply cannot come from him over the next 2 months.

I considered it a few months ago but then I decided not to. Realistically the fake one will only last a few months. You may even get the year out of it, but I think it's worth paying the €50 for it. I've got 9 or 10 different jerseys in my room and all of them are real. I've had them for years now and I'll probably have them for another few years. You'll definitely get your moneys worth with them anyway. I'm not so sure about that with the fakes.

This is why I love the blue anniversary jersey, will be timeless!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I have jerseys that have lasted years. I do believe the centenary jersey is 10 years old now? I'm still wearing that! Less in the summer though as it's quite warm.

I usually wait until the end of the season to pick up a jersey. Usually only costs €25 by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'll probably buy the Away from soccertriads once the transfer window closes,

Yeah I have jerseys that have lasted years. I do believe the centenary jersey is 10 years old now? I'm still wearing that! Less in the summer though as it's quite warm.

I usually wait until the end of the season to pick up a jersey. Usually only costs €25 by then.

I do the same, unless a new kit really catches my eye!

Gone are the days of forking over €60 per kit at the beginning Of every season!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Sacramento wrote: »
    I disagree, as I said in my reply to himself earlier, I think he brings it on himself.

Makes no difference he posted earlier that he won't be posting here again.

Think I may go triads. I get the whole quality thing but f paying a load of cash for 3 jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have the united jersey from 09/10 bought it from soccertriads.I wear it most weeks to astro and after 3 years its still in great condition.I doubt the real thing would be any better.

They still coming through customs ok?

My oldest one that I can still wear is the reversible gold/white one. Somehow it still fits me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

is there some trick to ordering with the triads site? Like a post and package thing? I know there's that massive topic but I'm not up for trawling through 100 pages trying to see :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

For Jerseys - Have a look here.

• Advertisement

alproctor wrote: »
    For Jerseys - Have a look here.

yeah i also couldnt be arsed wading through that thread and wanted united specific. will prob just order triads

yeah i also couldnt be arsed wading through that thread and wanted united specific. will prob just order triads

OK quick summary -

Soccer Triads - had problems with customs, but apparently are sorted now, but with slightly higher shipping rates, due to shipping through UK.

Hitjerseys - No issues with deliveries for vast majority of purchases - Apart from mine :mad: - Was seized by customs, and now they are refusing to give a ful refund.

Fwiw, i'd be going with Triads in the future if I were to go again - But being scalded by Hitjerseys has me very sore about buying online again!

OK quick summary -

Soccer Triads - had problems with customs, but apparently are sorted now, but with slightly higher shipping rates, due to shipping through UK.

Hitjerseys - No issues with deliveries for vast majority of purchases - Apart from mine :mad: - Was seized by customs, and now they are refusing to give a ful refund.

Fwiw, i'd be going with Triads in the future if I were to go again - But being scalded by Hitjerseys has me very sore about buying online again!

Cheers for that.

**** one on the refund. Threaten to kick up a bit of a fuss to get full refund, will give them a bad name etc

Cheers for that.

**** one on the refund. Threaten to kick up a bit of a fuss to get full refund, will give them a bad name etc

I am!!! Let's just say we are in 'discussions' at the minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

gary_neville_hurling.jpg

Gary Neville trying his hand at hurling at a stag do in Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He's holding it wrong :mad:

• Advertisement

Pj! wrote: »
    Gary Neville trying his hand at hurling at a stag do in Galway

He should be somewhat decent at it. He was a decent cricket player when he was younger so the hand-eye coordination should be there. Phil was better than him though. Supposedly he could have gone on to represent England in the test matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

heh - Fergie reckons we were pedantic in the first half. Heh.

I did a double take on reading that too!

On Triads some of ye in the Dublin area might want to check out the parcel motel bargain alert thread. They have a UK address up north you can ship too and collect from one of their storage lockers for €3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I talked about putting an order into triads on the online jerseys thread, still plan on doing it but will probably wait till closer end of transfers window, I live in Derry so zero problems with customs. Last ones I got (germany + holland) were exceptional quality and took 7 days to deliver.

Seems to be decent interest, some will probably want pool tops, that'll be tough personally but I'll manage ;)

Anyways, if anyone's interested ill mention in here again closer to the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Has there been any word on signing Baines? Seems to have fallen completely off the radar.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    On Triads some of ye in the Dublin area might want to check out the parcel motel bargain alert thread. They have a UK address up north you can ship too and collect from one of their storage lockers for €3.50.

They have a collection point in Sallins in Kildare too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

It's honestly one of the worst jerseys I've seen from any team, absolutely mank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

fearcruach wrote: »
    Has there been any word on signing Baines? Seems to have fallen completely off the radar.

Na since SAF mentioned Brady playing LB, the need for him has weaned even further. He really isn't needed at the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

double GG wrote: »
    Na since SAF mentioned Brady playing LB, the need for him has weaned even further. He really isn't needed at the club.

He bloody well is, knowing our luck Evra will break his leg in 6 places in the first game against Everton.

I would not like to have to rely on Brady or Blackett, although of the two I think I'd prefer Blackett.

Could we recall Fabio if needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He bloody well is, knowing our luck Evra will break his leg in 6 places in the first game against Everton.

If that happens the transfer window will still be open, with plenty of time to sign a LB

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

They have a collection point in Sallins in Kildare too!

Did not know that, thanks!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What is going on with the third Kit then?

I couldn't picture it in my head, went to the United site to have a look but they are not selling it/can't see it listed.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Did not know that, thanks!

It's at Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Des wrote: »
    If that happens the transfer window will still be open, with plenty of time to sign a LB

Sir Alex does not like buying players when the League about to start. He always said that, He prefers buying players well before the league start. This week is the last chance if he is looking to buy another player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I would not like to have to rely on Brady or Blackett, although of the two I think I'd prefer Blackett.

Could we recall Fabio if needed?

I'm sure Evans would be starting LB if anything happens to Evra. It'll be just Fabio's luck that as soon as he goes off on loan Evra gets injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Sir Alex does not like buying players when the League about to start. He always said that, He prefers buying players well before the league start. This week is the last chance if he is looking to buy another player.

He has made exceptions though (Berbatov and a few others) so although that's his clear policy he still manages to pull a few transfers off after the season starts.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement