Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

alproctor wrote: »
    They have a collection point in Sallins in Kildare too!

Really!

How does that work.
    Sorry for Derailing the thread, might be interested again now, never went near them last season as customs was claiming everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

nicklauski wrote: »
    Really!

How does that work.
    Sorry for Derailing the thread, might be interested again now, never went near them last season as customs was claiming everything.

Stuff gets sent to Newry and then onto to your collection point . Bypassing Irish customs I think .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is there still weird sizing issues with soccertriads...if I order a size "L", will it be the same as an Irish "L"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

alproctor wrote: »
    They have a collection point in Sallins in Kildare too!

Is that the only option if we don't want the stuff to be seized by customs? Or can we ship via the UK for an additional price

I'd rather pay full price than have to drive from Limerick to Sallins for it. I'd only really use it for stuff that we can't get over here easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Is that the only option if we don't want the stuff to be seized by customs? Or can we ship via the UK for an additional price

I'd rather pay full price than have to drive from Limerick to Sallins for it. I'd only really use it for stuff that we can't get over here easily.

Shipping via Uk is €9.40 , It don't matter how many shirts you buy shipping will always be 9.40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Rooney10 wrote: »

If you order from Soccertraids you just pay a bit more P&P and they ship it to England where it is then posted to Ireland undetected by customs. Seems to be working at the moment judging by peoples comments in the online jersey thread. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Pre-season sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

cdb wrote: »
    Pre-season sucks.

Calm down, Calm Down, Go out and have a little fresh air...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Calm down, Calm Down,

Scouse thread tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Some whack from Bebe! the look on the keeper's face was funny afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Some whack from Bebe! the look on the keeper's face was funny afterwards.

Fantastic strike. Is Bebe showing signs of being a footballer in pre-season? Haven't seen the games.

Fantastic strike. Is Bebe showing signs of being a footballer in pre-season? Haven't seen the games.

He's been pretty good, who knows what could happen if he stays injury free and his confidence is good. Maybe another loan to a Premier League or Championship club would be the best for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Bebe like a boss yesterday. I think it was mentioned already, but a loan move to Villa might be a good move for the chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hopefully a team in the PL picks him up and not some team in Afghanistan or wherever. The experience would be brilliant for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Was he on the wing yesterday again? Id love to see him through the middle. He seems too cumbersome for the wing. I reckon his power could be of better use as a centre forward.

• Advertisement

Hopefully a team in the PL picks him up and not some team in Afghanistan or wherever. The experience would be brilliant for him.

It would take a very brave PL team to pick him up on loan, but it's a gamble that could pay off. Ideally, a Championship team will give him regular starts. I think he needs to get a feel for English football.

Was he on the wing yesterday again? Id love to see him through the middle.

Left wing kinda, drifted inside a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd prefer if he stayed at United until January. He'll have the League Cup games, and perhaps a few more if we qualify from the CL group early or coming off the bench in PL games. If he can show something, might be able to get him a loan to a PL team, or else a good side in the Championship.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It would take a very brave PL team to pick him up on loan, but it's a gamble that could pay off. Ideally, a Championship team will give him regular starts. I think he needs to get a feel for English football.

Yea I was being a bit optimistic with the PL team. A Championship club would be perfect. A season out there and he could come back a totally different player. The next Ronaldo maybe, cutting in off the left before unleashing a screamer into the top corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Not a chance a PL club will pick up Bebe, I think everyone is just jumping the gun because he looked half decent against **** opposition. Quicken the pace and put him up against a decent level and he'd drown without a trace imo.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd prefer if he stayed at United until January. He'll have the League Cup games, and perhaps a few more if we qualify from the CL group early or coming off the bench in PL games. If he can show something, might be able to get him a loan to a PL team, or else a good side in the Championship.

League Cup is ok I suppose but after the qualifying disaster last year in the CL I don't think he's a realistic option in a match.

He has so many players ahead of him in the team that even a sub appearance would be very difficult. He needs to go somewhere to get 20/30 games under his belt.

He has only played 11 games in 2 years. No wonder he seems a little nervous and unsure of himself when he's on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Not a chance a PL club will pick up Bebe, I think everyone is just jumping the gun because he looked half decent against **** opposition. Quicken the pace and put him up against a decent level and he'd drown without a trace imo.

Tbh, if this was a new signing that we just signed, people would be raving even more. Only Kagawa has looked better imo in the games. He deserves a chance at least.

League Cup is ok I suppose but after the qualifying disaster last year in the CL I don't think he's a realistic option in a match.

He has so many players ahead of him in the team that even a sub appearance would be very difficult. He needs to go somewhere to get 20/30 games under his belt.

He has only played 11 games in 2 years. No wonder he seems a little nervous and unsure of himself when he's on the pitch.

If we qualified early, he'd be ok to play in the CL. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth the risk. It'd be difficult for him to even get on to the bench alright for PL games, but just being at the club, he's training with better players, would be playing in reserve games at least. If he can show that what we're seeing now isn't just the easy opposition, than it's better to have him at the club, than out on loan, where he mightn't get on too well

If we qualified early, he'd be ok to play in the CL. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth the risk. It'd be difficult for him to even get on to the bench alright for PL games, but just being at the club, he's training with better players, would be playing in reserve games at least. If he can show that what we're seeing now isn't just the easy opposition, than it's better to have him at the club, than out on loan, where he mightn't get on too well

IF we qualified early. That can't be taken for granted any more unfortunately.

I think he'd benefit 10 times more from being on loan than he would from playing reserves and the odd League Cup game. He needs to get used to the rough and tumble of English football and the only place he'll learn about that is at a Championship/League 1 club.

Sending him on loan to Besiktas was stupid imo. He was unlucky with the injury but it's so far away from whatever kind of home he has made in Manchester that it can't have done him much good.

I really hope he goes on loan. It'd be a waste keeping him here for even half a season. He needs regular games at a high-ish level in front of a couple of thousand people. Reserve matches are good but you're only playing against 18/19 year olds. He's 22 now. He's a little old for reserve team football imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

whatever kind of home he has made in Manchester

couple of fyffe's boxes and a three day old Manchester Evening News on the floor for warmth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tbh, if this was a new signing that we just signed, people would be raving even more. Only Kagawa has looked better imo in the games. He deserves a chance at least.

Yeah but I'm of the opinion that not a whole heap can be taken from pre-season performances and despite how Kagawa's looked in them I'm still going to reserve my judgement of him until he has more competitive games under his belt, I'm just more expectant of him and have more belief in his ability given the reputation he comes with. There were plenty of touches and turns yesterday that bebe had which will do nothing more than lose possession in the PL, look for a loan to the football league for him or to a similar level league elsewhere but he's not one I'd expect to see near the first team ever to be frank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Jesus you know it's a quiet day when people are getting carried away with Bebe. Some crazy comments in here.

Make no mistake that if Man Utd find a buyer he will be sold. The guy is not up to it at this level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ah here, he's only played in two games, and in one of them he was absolutely woeful. Let's not get too carried now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Ooh Bébé, I love your way, everyday
    I wanna tell you I love your way, every way
    I wanna be with you night and day, ooh yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Soldie wrote: »
    Ooh Bébé, I love your way, everyday
    I wanna tell you I love your way, every way
    I wanna be with you night and day, ooh yeah!

Ooh Bébé love, my Bébé love
    I need you, oh how I need you
    But all you do is treat me bad
    Break my heart and leave me sad
    Tell me, what did I do wrong
    To make you stay away so long

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

My favourite Bebe song. AFAIK/IIRC it was Mikeyt086 who came up with this one...

Give it to me Bebe...uh-huh, uh-huh!
    Give it to me Bebe...uh-huh, uh-huh!
    And Carlos Quieroz says he's pretty fly...
    ....for a homeless guy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

/Don't read as a song please/

Poor ol Bebe. Younger than Clev, few months older than Welbs, bought in the knowledge he was inexperienced, injured most of last season with a bad injury.

not sure what some people expect from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Poor ol Bebe. Younger than Clev, few months older than Welbs, bought in the knowledge he was inexperienced, injured most of last season with a bad injury.

When we signed him it was reported that a lot of big clubs were lining up bids. That was probably PR bullshít but I expected more of him than I saw in his first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Imagine he came good and banged in around 20 goals this season? Would be some laugh.

After I read that, I said to myself "this song about Bebe is fecking useless altogether. No rhyming scheme or rhythm"

Fail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Eathrin wrote: »
    When we signed him it was reported that a lot of big clubs were lining up bids. That was probably PR bullshít but I expected more of him than I saw in his first season.

Okay then.

SAF did warn us he would need a lot of time and that he would not rush him into things.

When he signed Gill said he had raw potential, would be around the first team to get the coaching he needed and then possibly go on loan (which is exactly what happened) the next season depending on how he got on.

so I don't think the expectation you had was realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Okay then.

SAF did warn us he would need a lot of time and that he would not rush him into things.

so I don't think the expectation you had was realistic.

He just didn't impress me as worthy of his price tag in the few games he played for us.
    Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I was quite hopeful for Obertan while he was with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Have to say I started off singing that in the hope it would be a Bébé song related comment. I was le disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

J. Marston wrote: »
    Imagine he came good and banged in around 20 goals this season? Would be some laugh.

would certainly shut alot of people up anyway....until then, its still the strangest transfer of all time :)

hopefully he continues his good form and then gets a loan deal which works out for him as well as Dioufs move to Hannover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is deal off again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Bebe is going on loan to Barca this year sure!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Smegball wrote: »

Do you honestly think Messi would agree to this? He'd be on the bench for the foreseeable future and he knows it.

The Gaffer doing a bit of modelling over in Shanghai.

562764_10150986631727746_37409067_n.jpg

Thankfully Ando is a bit better at it than Fergie.

Just after seeing Ando's hands there. The fingers on his right hand remind me of Homer in the episode where he becomes 50 stone. I wonder does he have a dialing wand for his phone.

255362_10150986632417746_1394398587_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Smegball wrote: »

Do you honestly think Messi would agree to this? He'd be on the bench for the foreseeable future and he knows it.

Sure send that messi lad the other way, sure he's not a bad player!!! Might find a spot for him if he gets the head down and works hard!!!!

Excited to see Cleverly play tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Excited to see Cleverly play tonight.

Any links?? Pm if u want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Any links?? Pm if u want
    It's on BBC I think.

Yup, watching it on BBC