Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    The Brazil game is on Eurosport.

Moura playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Rafael just scored for Brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lovely goal. Go on Raf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Moura playing?
    Nope on the bench and good chance he will come on in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I mentioned Villa the other day as a good club for a Bebe loan but the more I think about it I think an ideal scenario would be Bolton.
    Owen Coyle is a decent manager. He has played loan signings in the past. They are in the championship and to be honest they dont really have a decent set of strikers.
    He wouldnt have to move home either. (refrain yourselves from taking the piss). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Anyone see Japan's goal today think De Gea was at fault for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Nah - The speed that ball was whipped in at, he couldn't have come for it, imo-
    I'd be upset with the defending tbh. No way it should get to ground level without a defender getting something on it.

Edit - ya know what, just looked at wheres me jumpas clip below, and perhaps he might have come for it on viewing that.....
    Still be asking questions of the defenders though!

There is some hesitation there. But I would be asking more questions of the bizarre gap where the scorer arrives.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/yuki-otsu-japan-v-spain/

Shows his class here:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/david-de-gea-save-spain-v-japan/

Shades of:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Serious question - What about Bebe this year?

He looked poor last year but never really got a chance. But in pre-season the guy has shown he clearly has talent. He's very athletic. I think he can be a player. I'd like to see the guy do it. I think some of our younger players are too good for a season in the reserves and Bebe is one of them.

At under-age level in Portugal they seem to rate him too.

I'd love to see solid years from Rafael, Anderson, Cleverley and Bebe. Rafael is going to be the best right back in the world if he gets the game time. He's light-years ahead of other guys his age. But I don't think Fergie trusts him and I think a lot of United fans need to get off his back about the Bayern Munich game.

What does the season hold for Macheda? Surely Wooton, Petrucci, Lingard and Brady are too good to play in the reserves this year. I know Brady and Wooton didn't for a period but I think some of our younger talent suffers because we keep them in the reserves too long.

First teamer, no brainer, we need the wingers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

alproctor wrote: »
    Nah - The speed that ball was whipped in at, he couldn't have come for it, imo-
    I'd be upset with the defending tbh. No way it should get to ground level without a defender getting something on it.

Edit - ya know what, just looked at wheres me jumpas clip below, and perhaps he might have come for it on viewing that.....
    Still be asking questions of the defenders though!

Yeah that's fairly poor. Alot of keepers would have just stepped out and caught that and everybody would have criticised the ball in as too floaty. He comes, then stops and is caught out.

De Gea has always looked shakey. You can still be a great keeper and be crap under crosses. It's just one part of the game. Given was the same and just stopped coming completely about halfway through his career.

No keeper is perfect. Lloris is fairly poor at it too. He is still very good so I wouldn't get too worried. The one plus side can be when the defense know for certain that you aren't going to come they never have a doubt when they attack the ball.

Agree with some of that Kirby, but there is no way the ball in was floaty!
    Looked like a cracking delivery, tbh.

Edit - trouble is, none of the clips above are at full speed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

At least Bateman isn't around :P

I hope to hear some progressions in the Lucas Moura deal over the weekend, with the team back from China for a week and Brazil playing at Old trafford. I can only imagine David Gill and Ferguson gesturing him to come into a back room for a quick chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He looked poor last year but never really got a chance. But in pre-season the guy has shown he clearly has talent. He's very athletic. I think he can be a player. I'd like to see the guy do it. I think some of our younger players are too good for a season in the reserves and Bebe is one of them.

At under-age level in Portugal they seem to rate him too.

I'd love to see solid years from Rafael, Anderson, Cleverley and Bebe. Rafael is going to be the best right back in the world if he gets the game time. He's light-years ahead of other guys his age. But I don't think Fergie trusts him and I think a lot of United fans need to get off his back about the Bayern Munich game.

What does the season hold for Macheda? Surely Wooton, Petrucci, Lingard and Brady are too good to play in the reserves this year. I know Brady and Wooton didn't for a period but I think some of our younger talent suffers because we keep them in the reserves too long.

Could possibly loan out Bebe, Macheda, Wootton, Petrucci, Lingard, Brady, Cole, Tunnicliffe, Vermijl and Veseli who could all possibly go on loan along with the guys already out.

If Berba is sold, and RVP isn't signed, Macheda should stay as 4th striker. Bebe could possibly stay, at least until January, hopefully Petrucci will too, and probably one of either Vermijl or Veseli stays. I'd imagine the rest get loaned out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

David Gill and Ferguson gesturing him to come into a back room for a quick chat.

"Oh yeah I see, you want me to come into that room so you can put your finger inside me. And then if i go down on you i'll get a good deal."

Team America moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Buy RVP, loan Chico to Arsenal.

Win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Who scored for gb missed it....

How did clev play in first half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bellamy scored.

Been watching the Brazil game so couldn't tell ya how Clev is doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Buy RVP, loan Chico to Arsenal.

Win win.
    Until RVP get injured for the season and Chico scores the winner to cost us the league!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

BTW, isn't the Olympic opening ceremony on tomorrow? Why is there football today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Rafael scored for Brazil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Quiet first half by Clev. Pretty boring game!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Degag wrote: »
    Until RVP get injured for the season and Chico scores the winner to cost us the league!:pac:
    Chico wouldn't be able to play against us on loan. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Clev has been pretty lively. Good performance so far. Giggs has been good too.

Wow those Senegal lads like a tackle!!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

Been watching the Brazil game .......

Turned it off at half time - just flicked back over!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You're not wrong there. Lucky to still have eleven on the pitch.

You're not wrong there. Lucky to still have eleven on the pitch.

Very true, nice to see Bellamy kicked up into the air every now and then though! Ha ha!!! Seriously though, that was a poor challenge to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Phil Neville fishing on Twitter a few minutes ago!

phil neville18 ‏@fizzer18
    Wish Keano was playing in this game!!!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Phil Neville fishing on Twitter a few minutes ago!

phil neville18 ‏@fizzer18
    Wish Keano was playing in this game!!!

The game would actually suit phil too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Sao Paulo standing firm.
    Sao Paulo call halt to Manchester United talks over Lucas Moura

The Brazilian club's director insists that, after the rejection of the Red Devils' £27 million bid, the attacking midfielder is following his desire to stay put

Sao Paulo director Adalberto Baptista insists that negotiations with Manchester United for the transfer of Lucas Moura are over.

Goal.com understands that the Red Devils had a £27.2 million bid for the young Brazil star turned down but the message from the Tricolor Paulista camp in its wake is unclear. The club's vice-president, Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, had left the door open for a future bid on Wednesday, only 24 hours after the player's agent had declared the matter closed.

"There are no negotiations going on. Everybody knows that we got an offer for him, and rejected it. It's also known that Lucas doesn't want to leave. The only person keeping the expectations alive is his agent," Baptista declared to ESPN Brasil.

"The decision is final. There will always be great team going after great players. This mismatch between the European and Brazilian transfer window makes it hard for national clubs, and we have to deal with that."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may now turn his attentions more strongly onto Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, as Goal.com exclusively revealed that the Red Devils are eyeing the out-of-favour Turkey international.

The news comes only a day after Chelsea completed the £25m signing of Lucas' Brazilian Olympic colleague, Oscar, from Internacional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Awww.

Ah well, no one wants to play for us anymore. :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Probably be back on tomorrow morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

How'd Cleverley play 2night??

Shane St. wrote: »

It was a poor game with no real stand out player. Clev worked hard, but didnt really influence the game imo. Games under the belt a definite positive for us. Im just glad he got through that game without breaking a leg, some of the tackles were hefty to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Rafael was excellent tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Shane St. wrote: »

He played quiet...

horatio460.jpg

cleverly

i+_9ad26d7f8faa624dc45720c57c0fa240.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    Rafael was excellent tonight

He better be our first choice right back this season. No more messing around with Jones there, just play Rafael and let him develop into one of the best fullbacks in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson may now turn his attentions more strongly onto Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, as Goal.com exclusively revealed that the Red Devils are eyeing the out-of-favour Turkey international.

I know its probably BS but I would much rather we went after Sahin,he will be sitting on the bench again at Real.Huge waste of talent,he only made around 10 apprences last season and I cant see him getting much more this season,especially if they sign Modric.
    IMO he would fit in perfectly in our MF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Pj! wrote: »
    Sao Paulo standing firm.

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    Regarding Lucas Moura, a few British papers are just using old quotes from 2 days ago. The situation today is still the same as yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

yabadabado wrote: »
    I know its probably BS but I would much rather we went after Sahin,he will be sitting on the bench again at Real.Huge waste of talent,he only made around 10 apprences last season and I cant see him getting much more this season,especially if they sign Modric.
    IMO he would fit in perfectly in our MF.

He would be great but it's Goal.com. They make the tabloids look like proper investigative journalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

His touch got better as the game went on. At the start he looked a little like Bambi on ice.

If he was loaned out and got a decent run of games he'd improve on all of them things.

I doubt he has a future at Old Trafford but I hope he makes a career for himself at as high a level as he can manage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I didnt see the 2nd half, looked more than decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    No :pac:

I see what you did there :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I thought Cleverley did all right this evening. He was a bit quiet at times, but he also pulled off some nice passes and link up play.

Giggs had a lovely back heel to keep a move going late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Looking at Bebe last wednesday, He will be a great addition to the squad this season, He will have something to prove to Sir Alex cos his time is almost up. After seeing him, I dont think United need any more signings before the new season begins, They have enough players to battle for the new season. Roll on 20th August.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Looking at Bebe last wednesday, He will be a great addition to the squad this season, He will have something to prove to Sir Alex cos his time is almost up. After seeing him, I dont think United need any more signings before the new season begins, They have enough players to battle for the new season. Roll on 20th August.

Enough for Europe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement