Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You'd think Rooney could fork out for a professional photographer and more importantly, an interior designer.

Thats a hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Thats a hotel

He's well used to them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rooney pic

I'd say it's a hotel room. That was taken before going to a wedding IIRC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thats a hotel
    Shut up

Shut up

Okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Samich wrote: »
    So wouldn't be a Carrick replacement?
    Sahin is a box to box mf.imo he could play with scholes or carrick.I watched a lot of him when he was at Dortmund and he was immense,iirc he was player of the year in 10/11 .I suppose he is not that well known because he only made a few appearences last year and he doesnt play with one of the big international teams but he is one of the best midfielders around.Real would be mental to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I remember hearing amazing things about him, then he went for 10m. Started to watch La Liga somewhat weekly last season and was sickened to hear he was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd say it's a hotel room. That was taken before going to a wedding IIRC.

Is that a french maids costume hanging up O_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Just going to YouTube Sahin now myself as I've heard quite a good bit about him. Quickly in regards Madrid selling, if he is that good and his path is blocked by top quality players then maybe he could be looking for a move?

That's all it takes these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Sahin would be too perfect of a signing, would be far better off spending our funds on wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

tvercetti wrote: »
    Sahin would be too perfect of a signing, would be far better off spending our funds on wingers.

Theres none left. We have them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Going by the sahin clips I agree that he would suit us, seems full of running, can see and pick a pass, and he likes the oul slide tackle!!! Pity it seems to have died out in the game if you ask me..

I like him, he could improve us alright in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He can get around - but he doesn't get back quick enough for the positions he naturally takes up if he is going to play as part of a two man midfield.

He is more like Xavi than Alonso though. Xavi plays in a three man midfield, I think Cleverley would flourish in that type of role. In an Alonso role I think it wouldn't use his abilites very well.

Yeah I would agree that he naturally gets too far forward just now and can get caught out. But I think it would be a minor change and something that will come naturally enough to hold his position a bit better. And I think he has the skills to play that role just like Scholes has done. Time will tell though.

Has Sahin been linked to us?

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yeah I would agree that he naturally gets too far forward just now and can get caught out. But I think it would be a minor change and something that will come naturally enough to hold his position a bit better. And I think he has the skills to play that role just like Scholes has done. Time will tell though.

I guess that answers my original question, where does he fit in? You see him fitting fitting in Scholes role.

Hopefully he can.

• Advertisement

Sahin was linked a few days ago when the Moura bid was turned down and the agent said the deal was dead. But I honestly doubt it had any truth in it.
    Such a shame. Bayern will end up buying him for pittance and we'll be after him in two years when he is triple the price and has chronic knee problems. Thats the United way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

The thoughts of Nuri Sahin joining UTD on a loan before a possible low cost permanent transfer are drool worthy, its a perfect deal. A good CM player for us in times of financial strife. Its a match made in heaven.

The thoughts of Arsenal getting him are sickening. If Fergie isn't aware of Sahins situation or is not being made aware there is something seriously wrong. If he is aware and not interested I despair that he doesn't see the CM as an area in need of drastic improvement. Either he has great faith in Ando and Clev or rates Carrick to highly.

I would happily drop the Moura deal in order to get Sahin to UTD.

I think we should talk about Carrick again because the thought of Sahin playing for Utd is getting me over-excited.

Nah....How is everyone? Enjoying your summer?

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Am I right in saying that there hasn't been a single rumour linking Sahin with Utd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Has Sahin been linked to us?

Nothing more than the usual rubbish.

I don't think there's solid links with Sahin yet. I felt there was more in the Moura rumours and it turned out there was something in it.

Am I right in saying that there hasn't been a single rumour linking Sahin with Utd?

Mourinho said:

"I want to be honest and Sahin is living in this grey zone because the market is open,"

"If the possibility arises for him to go to another place it would be better for him to leave and to be able to have more minutes on the pitch."

Arsenal been linked currently, Spurs were linked earlier in the summer and due to our past interest, our name pops up but nothing official.

Was looking over the Sahin rumours. Seems like Spurs were first mentioned as part of the Modric bid. But Sahin refused to go to Spurs. Then United and Arsenals name came up.

Seems like wild speculation really. Linking an available player with clubs who are in the market for top drawer players. Maybe Spurs could be his destination on loan as part of the Modric deal. Maybe he didnt want a permanent deal but he'll go on loan. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sahin, no, not going to even consider that Fergie will actually do smart business with one of the big clubs in Spain. Come on Fergie, former United player's have made Real millions and won them titles, they owe us one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Does anyone ever look at the gossip column on United's official website? some names baffle me, for example Julio Cesar's name is there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Speaking of Madrid , I really do hope we get them in Europe this year !. It's been too long and it's always been a personal favourite fixture of mine. I honestly think they could destroy us like barca and Bilbao but it would be great too see ronaldo return.

As far as a rivalry , it's not fierce and from what I can gather there's a pretty good relationship between Madrid fans and uniteds at least through Facebook due to the recent player history of us being a feeder club to them :D

I just hope we get out of the group :D

Joking aside, with no CM on the horizon and with Vidic back I can't see it happening but I would be 100% on it if we got a one or more players in that area.

True that !

What do you mean with no cm on the horizon Though ? Isn't kawaga a sort of attacking midfielder and Lucas if we get him... The likes of carrick,Anderson, scholes could be play the disciplined cm role next to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

True that !

What do you mean with no cm on the horizon Though ? Isn't kawaga a sort of attacking midfielder and Lucas if we get him... The likes of carrick,Anderson, scholes could be play the disciplined cm role next to them.

Kagawa will play behind Rooney. He won't (or at least I hope he won't) be playing as part of a two-man midfield. Lucas would be in the same position or out on the wing.

If either of them played in the centre in a two-man midfield we'd probably be destroyed.

That still leaves two central midfield positions to be filled. Anderson, #16 (I refuse to mention his name after the shambles of the last few days :P), Scholes, Cleverley and Powell will be filling the two of them

I really hope we get Sahin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

True that !

Correct, Kagawa is an AMF. He can link up, create and take chances. On the wing or in and advanced attacking role are his ideal positions. To be clear what we need is a holding midfielder with good long and short range passing qualities who knows when to hold back and go forward at the right time and equally as important is good at defending and breaking things up. Modric and Yaya are good examples with Busquets being the benchmark.

Attitude is as important. The player has to be mature enough to know he is not there to bag lots of goals but rather to create attacks after he or the defense break up opposition attacks, basically he has to be happy to give it to the attacking players and let them attack the majority of the time and have the ability to do a lot of.

Lucas is a winger afaik and I don't think he or Kagawa would be happy sitting deep along side or instead of Carrick and Scholes doesn't have the legs for this role but there still is a use for him next season.

True that !

Kagawa will play behind Rooney. He won't (or at least I hope he won't) be playing as part of a two-man midfield. Lucas would be in the same position or out on the wing.

If either of them played in the centre in a two-man midfield we'd probably be destroyed.

That still leaves two central midfield positions to be filled. Anderson, #16 (I refuse to mention his name after the shambles of the last few days :P), Scholes, Cleverley and Powell will be filling the two of them

I really hope we get Sahin.

Right , I havnt seen kawaga play and Iv recently moved back home and havnt got around to getting Mutv back in too keep track of pre-season.

If we get Rvp obviously Rooney will play behind him as both are way too good for the bench but where will that leave kawaga then? Even Lucas if we get him, I mean it looks like some big name will have to be left out because 30 million is a lot to pay for a player In Lucas and he appears to clash position wise with kawaga.

Iv a feeling if we get Rvp and Lucas , nani will be the one sacrificed , I just can't see where he'd fit in tbh If kawaga,lucas and Rvp all started, 1 of them would have to play out wide , either kawaga or Lucas because Rvp isn't capable anymore IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IT'S KAGAWA!

K-A-G-A-W-A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm drunk, and I;ve just read six pages of this. Gonna have 2 do it again in the morning.
    So maybe this will be a reminder that I have!
    Woohoo!

Liam O wrote: »
    IT'S KAGAWA!

K-A-G-A-W-A

Haha my bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ka-Ga-Wa, when the crowd say bo! Selecta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Really excited to see what Kawagawa can do at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Sahin would be a great signing, great age too. Anything with any weight to it at all yet linking him to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yeah Sahin would be great signing for us. There are both pros and cons of this loan deal but after reading few others opinion about how he could be useful I feel this loan deal has far more pros than cons.

Will give Powell, Petrucci time to grow with few mins here and there with out much expectations when Sahin plays the first team player role. Also he plays Carrick's position superbly, will add lot to our first team.

And if he does impress who knows maybe SAF might make a bigger bid to sign him permanently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does anyone ever look at the gossip column on United's official website? some names baffle me, for example Julio Cesar's name is there..

Their site literally just takes every piece of gossip and reports it; it is an accumulation of all other gossip reports, no matter how bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭VW 1

Witsel, Diarra and Gaitan all playing on ESPN in a friendly if anyone wants a look. Didn't catch the start but I'm sure Sahin will make an appearance at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

VW 1 wrote: »
    Witsel, Diarra and Gaitan all playing on ESPN in a friendly if anyone wants a look. Didn't catch the start but I'm sure Sahin will make an appearance at some stage.

Is Sahin in the squad? Was reading earlier that he wasn't but that is probably more Twitter BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

every day, we get closer and closer to "no value" and "happy with the squad".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

One of our previous targets Nathaniel Clyne playing for Southampton now on Channel 5 against Ajax.

Has had a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If I see any United staff near Manchester Airport with a blanket,I'll spontaneously combust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Worse still is when we start to believe that sh1te ourselves. You start thinking, yeah Cleverley and Ando will stay injury free and perform to potential this year!

Reality dawns of course when we see our midfield get over run by half the teams in the premiership :(

Most times the midfield inadequecies are covered up by our impressive wings, attack and defence.

One decent midfielder could make such a difference to us.

Just put on Twitter now..

BREAKING NEWS: Sao Paulo accept £30m #MUFC offer for Lucas Moura and player will have a medical at Manchester this week

• Advertisement

Woooooooooooooo. :D Delighted if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Just put on Twitter now..

I think his source is ESPN brazil account which has only 9 followers.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think his source is ESPN brazil account which has only 9 followers.

Some Utd account has said that ESPN is a fake alright.

Okay I just saw one of the United twitter accounts saying it was a fake, I'm sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

A ward of warning: If you genuinely think that you'll find something quicker confirmed on Twitter than on any of the major news sites, including Sky Sports who will have a journalist covering every single football journalist in the world, you're probably going to be disappointed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement