Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I can't see rafael starting at rb away at everton in the opening fixture. I reckon with vidic possibly fit ,he will partner rio and end up putting jones at rb.

Everton are a strong Physical team especially at home , I see jones as a better choice for this fixture tbh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Phil Jones is not a good rb . He's been very poor the last few times he played there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

I can't see rafael starting at rb away at everton in the opening fixture. I reckon with vidic possibly fit ,he will partner rio and end up putting jones at rb.

Everton are a strong Physical team especially at home , I see jones as a better choice for this fixture tbh !

You could be spot on.

Fergie may adopt a "horses for courses" approach in relation to Rafael and Jones.

Personally I'd prefer the stability of a regular back four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rafael has a spring and a half on him and regularly gets above taller players to head away so I have no problem playing Rafael against the taller teams. I hope he becomes and stays as our first choice right back.

Welcome Jame Gumb, have enjoyed reading your posts so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hope Rafael plays most of our games. Love his style of play.

I'd say he'd be in my top 3 current favourite Man Utd players, Chicarito would be top I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Samich wrote: »

I'd say he'd be in my top 3 current favourite Man Utd players, Chicarito would be top I reckon.

Who'd be the other player in your top three?

Interesting to see two slightly peripheral players in there (I mean guys who to date haven't been regular starters).

Chicharito's outlook is a joy to behold.

Scholes, Vidic and Giggs would be my three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

All about Nani tbh people, though Kags is moving up the ladder fast.

Jame Gumb wrote: »

Interesting to see two slightly peripheral players in there (I mean guys who to date haven't been regular starters).

That's a toughie, hmmmm Vidic probably although De Gea is one of my faves too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭VW 1

Rafael out jumped Carroll when Liverpool played us at OT, he is not a lightweight player either, he put it up to Tevez physically too.

He is without doubt my favourite United player, along with Jones and Scholes.

And look at that face, he's adorable! <3 Rafael!

rafael.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Current top 3 united players would be, scholes , vidic and wazza/Valencia.

Crap, I forgot about Smalling. Ahhhh mine is a top 5, not a top 3 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Valencia my favourite without a doubt, love him! Vidic would be next and Raf/Scholes are thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

event wrote: »
    how many full games have you seen maicon play since that game?

Offhand I'd have to say 0, but what does that say in itself? ;)

Oh and I did say "but it was THAT bad that I could not rate him after that" so as far as considering him as a potential Utd signing I would not watch him at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Unsure if posted already...

Scholes plays for Chadderton Park FC....

...and scores 12 goals...

Unsure if posted already...

Scholes plays for Chadderton Park FC....

...and scores 12 goals...

When did we sell him? :(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Jame Gumb wrote: »

That's a toughie, hmmmm Vidic probably although De Gea is one of my faves too. :P
    VW 1 wrote: »
    Rafael out jumped Carroll when Liverpool played us at OT, he is not a lightweight player either, he put it up to Tevez physically too.

He is without doubt my favourite United player, along with Jones and Scholes.
    Current top 3 united players would be, scholes , vidic and wazza/Valencia.
    Crap, I forgot about Smalling. Ahhhh mine is a top 5, not a top 3 :P
    shrewdness wrote: »
    Valencia my favourite without a doubt, love him! Vidic would be next and Raf/Scholes are thereabouts.

BEBE......

BEBE......

BEBE.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hopefully Moura gets his first run around Old Trafford today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hopefully Rafa gives him the guided tour, not leaving out the trophy room of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Mars Bar wrote: »

rafael.jpg

That is Fabio. Looks nothing like Rafael at all!!!

killwill wrote: »

Well google says it's Rafael!

My sister says Rafael is better looking than Fabio...

killwill wrote: »
    Mars Bar wrote: »

rafael.jpg

I'm pretty certain it's raf!

I think it was a joke? Was it not?

The number of exclamation marks made me think he was really trying to his point across seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

A lot of talk in the newspapers today that RVP will only come to us if he receives the same wages as Rooney. To be honest not slating him as a player had a great year last year but his wage demands a simply too high and he's not needed at the moment there are other areas of the pitch that are more requiring of new signings.

Paying £220,000 a week for a 29 year old player who is somewhat injury prone and has only scored over 20 goals once in his Premier League campaign is not necessary.

Eg. Baines and Fellani together would probably not cost £220,000 a week between them or or you could easily both a CM and a right back at that sort of wages in areas we actually need to improve.
    ROBIN VAN PERSIE is demanding to be paid the same as Wayne Rooney before he agrees to join Manchester United.
    Sunday Express Sport can reveal that Old Trafford is the Arsenal striker’s favoured destination – but the Gunners must first agree a transfer fee with last season’s Premier League runners-up.
    United, along with champions Manchester City and Juventus, have lodged a bid for the wantaway star, who has only 12 months of his Emirates contract left to run.
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is demanding £30million, but none of the offers is anywhere near that because the Dutch star turns 29 a week tomorrow and his contract is running down.
    Van Persie, who has turned down a three-year contract worth £130,000 a week to extend his stay at Arsenal – plus a £5million re-signing bonus – believes a move to Premier League rivals United would enhance his chances of winning long-overdue silverware.
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is demanding £30million for Robin van Persie, but none of the offers is anywhere near that because the Dutch star turns 29 a week tomorrow and his contract is running down
    The Dutchman has gained only an FA Cup winners’ medal at Arsenal and he doesn’t believe they are equipped for a concerted Premier League title challenge.
    But to join Manchester United he is still expecting a huge increase in his wage packet.
    The Old Trafford hierarchy have been made aware that Van Persie expects the same financial rewards as the club’s highest-paid player, Rooney, who is on around £220,000 a week.
    It is understood that United are prepared to meet Van Persie’s demands, providing they can agree a fee of between £15m and £20m with the Gunners.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/336017/Arsenal-star-Robin-van-Persie-demands-same-pay-as-Wayne-Rooney-at-Manchester-United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's Lucas time!

All 6 minutes of it.

Lucas has such quick feet. I know I'm a bit biased :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sob1467 wrote: »
    A lot of talk in the newspapers today that RVP will only come to us if he receives the same wages as Rooney. To be honest not slating him as a player had a great year last year but his wage demands a simply too high and he's not needed at the moment there are other areas of the pitch that are more requiring of new signings.

Paying £220,000 a week for a 29 year old player who is somewhat injury prone and has only scored over 20 goals once in his Premier League campaign is not necessary.

Eg. Baines and Fellani together would probably not cost £220,000 a week between them or or you could easily both a CM and a right back at that sort of wages in areas we actually need to improve.

I'd be more inclined to give in to wage demands if we were picking him up cheap as a result of his contract situation. But given his age and the fact Arsenal are holding out for so much, I just can't see how we'd justify spending that money on wages. If that's the cost, I'd rather we go after two good players at that cost....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And it's Chelsea's guy who scores.

Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

J. Marston wrote: »
    And it's Chelsea's guy who scores.

Bah.

I feel sad we didn't buy him. He looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

What happened to Rafael? Heard he got injured in the game V Belarus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

titan18 wrote: »
    I feel sad we didn't buy him. He looks great

It will be a shame to boo him this season alright, also a fan of his

Hopefully his weedy physique will mean he can't cause too many problems. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thought our Chelsea friend would be here by now

double GG wrote: »
    What happened to Rafael? Heard he got injured in the game V Belarus?

He played and finished the game, didn't appear to be injured from what I saw

VW 1 wrote: »
    He played and finished the game, didn't appear to be injured from what I saw

Hmm, I was watching an American stream and I was sure they said Rafael went of injured. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »
    Thought our Chelsea friend would be here by now

Disappointed he isn't here :(

But I'm sure every time Hazard plays well or has decent game he will be the first to post here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hmm, I was watching an American stream and I was sure they said Rafael went of injured. :o

Isn't their keeper called Rafael also ? Maybe it was him I didn't see the game .

Isn't their keeper called Rafael also ? Maybe it was him I didn't see the game .

Ah, that's it. I also heard him mention about a goalkeeping problem. :pac:

In other news, Bale will be even faster this year with his streamlined ears.

Ay-qjRqCMAAhUAq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Jaysus. Gareth Bale getting the ears pinned back. Now all he has to do is get a decent hair cut. (which seems to have happened)
    Fair play to him. I think Rooney has really paved the way for footballers to get cosmetic surgery on stuff that might be bothering them. I think that stuff would have been ridiculed in the past but apart from a few jokes about Rooneys hair its really gone under the radar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Cleverley and Giggs starting again for Team GB, BBC3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Giggs did well there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cleverley and Giggs starting again for Team GB, BBC3.

I'd watch it only I'm shattered and lying in my bed, and I really hate Stuart Pearce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Great header from Giggs

Cleverley hits both posts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Sacramento wrote: »
    Cleverley hits both posts!!
    Unlucky not to score he has been very well so far.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Unlucky not to score he has been very well so far.

He's been at the heart of everything, he set Bellamy off down the left hand side with a perfectly weighted pass then followed up by running into the box to test both posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

In other news, Bale will be even faster this year with his streamlined ears.

Ay-qjRqCMAAhUAq.jpg

Has he changed his hair aswell??:confused: He wasn't balding so what did he get done??
    Sorry I know its a football forum:D:p:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Has he changed his hair aswell??:confused: He wasn't balding so what did he get done??
    Sorry I know its a football forum:D:p:o

Shaved the sides of his head instead of letting it grow out. No need for the long hair now that his ears are normal again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement