Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Great news on the IPO. Now to see how well (or badly) it is received!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Good pr work and commercial work been done by the club recently, hopefully it will have the desired effect on the IPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Shut the **** u you twat:-

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5
    Heard some messed up s*** today....totally sums up the world we live in. #propaganda
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite Report to Football Association

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Plus, it's also a Transformer.

bumblebee-camaro.jpg

And there was a Transformer looking pattern on the back of one of the recent jerseys. It's all making sense now.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

baz2009 wrote: »
    And there was a Transformer looking pattern on the back of one of the recent jerseys. It's all making sense now.:eek:

..nothing to do with cars, it is to symbolize the transformation of Bebe into a footballer...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not so good with math, what's 383,000,000 + 600,000,000?

I think it's just shy of........1 Billion Dollars!

506.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

niallo27 wrote: »
    Have you a source for this or is it just more paper bull****.

Here you go! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

There's a difference between one billion dollars and one billion pounds I think :P Not sure if that makes a difference :P

Andy Green‏@andersred

Complete U-turn from Glazers. Personally taking half #MUFC IPO proceeds.

Andy Green‏@andersred

#MUFC to only repay £73m of total £425m debt. #chicken****

Andy Green‏@andersred

Net interest saving for #MUFC from this is.... £4.2m per year. #glazernomics
    :(

Andy Green‏@andersred

16m shares to be issued to #MUFC senior management under "2012 Equity Incentive Award Plan". That's why Gill has stuck around....

did make me chuckle though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

kryogen wrote: »
    Andy Green‏@andersred

Andy Green‏@andersred

Andy Green‏@andersred

Why would someone invest if the proceeds weren't going to their investment but to the Glazers?

https://twitter.com/andersred

Better if I just put that up rather then posting his tweets for the night :) if interested have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

kryogen wrote: »
    Andy Green‏@andersred

Andy Green‏@andersred

Andy Green‏@andersred

Is there any concrete evidence of that??
    Anders is a bit of a doom merchant at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

pdiddy-cash.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

titan18 wrote: »
    Why would someone invest if the proceeds weren't going to their investment but to the Glazers?

Because they'll still own a piece of the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

virS6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so a good news fooking horrible news day.

The IPO is an absolute disaster for United fans; I honestly think it is a horrid deal for United as a club, only benefiting senior management.

I used to wonder why Fergie was so supportive of the Glazers.

Absolutely sicked.

How many shares is there overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Is it April 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Andy Green ‏@andersred
    Six Glazers will each get $25m from #MUFC IPO.

lol, if all this stuff is true, anyone who actually buys any of these shares is an idiot.

Sounds disastrous.

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Is there any concrete evidence of that??
    Anders is a bit of a doom merchant at the best of times.

Its in the documentation I guess, everybody tweeting on it seems to have the same things to say

This is the doc

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1549107/000104746912007537/a2210287zf-1a.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The IPO plan is scandalous. A while back we were hoping the IPO would eradicate the debt, or maybe most of it. It's not even going to put a dent in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Blatter wrote: »
    Andy Green ‏@andersred
    Six Glazers will each get $25m from #MUFC IPO.

lol, if all this stuff is true, anyone who actually buys any of these shares is an idiot.

Sounds disastrous.

Surely its a big joke, can see us bombing faster then Facebook when these open. Glazers going to open the exchange that day?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    The IPO plan is scandalous. A while back we were hoping the IPO would eradicate the debt, or maybe most of it.

not only is it doing jack sh1t, it is ruining our best way of actually sorting it.

A depressing, sickening day for the club. A black black day.

I am disgusted, depressed, sicked and sad.

The IPO is an absolute disaster for United fans; I honestly think it is a horrid deal for United as a club, only benefiting senior management.

Absolutely sicked.

Looks like he and Gill will be getting well compensated for their loyalty alright

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭purpleblaa

So typical news from the Glazers tonight. Only use some of the money to repay the debt.

I don't understand all of the people who are outraged with Fergie for this. What would people have him do? Would you prefer if he quit? Walked away? What would that accomplish?

Yes what the Glazers are doing is wrong, but they see Utd as a business. They know at any stage they can sell the club off and still make a healthy profit so they could care less what us fans think.

Shirt deal sounds good, but again, how much of that will make it to the team? Not much I expect.

Glazers will be around for a while yet. While there's still ways to make money from Utd, they'll find them and exploit them. Fergie might say in public that he agrees with them, but do you really think he does?

For example, would you go to work tomorrow and give a TV interview to say that you don't agree with the way your boss is running the company? You'd be in the dole queue pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Absolutely sicked.

Are you suggesting his is in for a big payout here, i always did wonder why he supported the Glazers so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

purpleblaa wrote: »
    So typical news from the Glazers tonight. Only use some of the money to repay the debt.

I don't understand all of the people who are outraged with Fergie for this. What would people have him do? Would you prefer if he quit? Walked away? What would that accomplish?

Yes what the Glazers are doing is wrong, but they see Utd as a business. They know at any stage they can sell the club off and still make a healthy profit so they could care less what us fans think.

Shirt deal sounds good, but again, how much of that will make it to the team? Not much I expect.

Glazers will be around for a while yet. While there's still ways to make money from Utd, they'll find them and exploit them. Fergie might say in public that he agrees with them, but do you really think he does?

For example, would you go to work tomorrow and give a TV interview to say that you don't agree with the way your boss is running the company? You'd be in the dole queue pretty quickly.

The man has a lot of power, he is utd, he could come out against them, no one would have the balls to force him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

£73 Million gets pulled off the debt bringing us down to £350 Million of debt.

What I'm more worried about is the severe backlash over this.

David Gill has a lot to answer for and him profiting from this will seriously undermine his position at the club. He has to resign.

It's no surprise that both items were released today. No fan can get behind the Glazers now.

Gill and the Glazers can **** off.

• Advertisement

These guys aren't stupid. I'm sure they'll do the right thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

#MUFC cash in the bank 30 June 2012 £70m.

EBITDA down 16-18%

Operating costs (mainly player wages) up 4-5%

Revenue down 3-5% vs. 2010/11

Spent £50m on interest in 2011/2012

It does suggest that Ferguson will profit directly from this. I imagine he will but David Gill 100% does, you can't say with confidence that Fergie will take anything from this. However, we need Fergie to stand up now and be counted for. But if he's directly profiting from this he should resign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

zerks wrote: »
    virS6.png

Who would buy a Chevrolet anyway , and they only know UTD 6 weeks , and already signed a 7-year deal .
    This is a fantastic, long-term deal for the Club. We have been partners with Chevrolet for only six weeks, but already they have produced some fantastic ideas that will benefit both the partnership and our 659 million followers around the world. They are a key partner on our current tour and I know they have enjoyed experiencing the buzz generated by our fanatical support and the sell-out crowds in South Africa, China, and Europe.

www.manutd.com

The club is a cash cow, 70mil in cash in the bank after spending 50mil on interest alone

Samich wrote: »
    These guys aren't stupid. I'm sure they'll do the right thing

Unbelievable.

It is sickening that fans like you exist, blindly trusting those in charge to be doing something other than lining their own pockets.

How in the hell can you see what is happening and come to your conclusion.

Mind boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I went from happy to sad in the space of reading about 10 posts.

If the figures are true for the shirt deal then it's incredible.

If the IPO goes ahead then it's terrible news.

We see the extremely good and the extremely bad sides of the Glazers within a few hours of each other.

It does suggest that Ferguson will profit directly from this. I imagine he will but David Gill 100% does, you can't say with confidence that Fergie will take anything from this. However, we need Fergie to stand up now and be counted for. But if he's directly profiting from this he should resign.

Ha, he has thrown his lot in with those parasites full whack.

He is as bad as them and his active support of them is keeping people like Samich onside, and there are far too many fans like that.

Fergie could be a catalyst but he is happy to take the money and watch his account grow.

Sickening.

Unbelievable.

It is sickening that fans like you exist, blindly trusting those in charge to be doing something other than lining their own pockets.

Mind boggling.

I'd have to agree and it's what will keep them in business.

It makes you question a lot of what has gone on at the club over the past number of years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guys, Fergie can't do anything but support the Glaziers. The second he comes out and criticizes them he makes his position practically untenable.

Whether he supports them or not, openly criticizing them makes no sense.

Don't rock the boat imo.

Ha, he has thrown his lot in with those parasites full whack.

He is as bad as them and his active support of them is keeping people like Samich onside, and there are far too many fans like that.

Fergie could be a catalyst but he is happy to take the money and watch his account grow.

Sickening.

Total over-reaction.

Unbelievable.

Mind boggling.

Or maybe the people who actually run some of the biggest companies in the world actually know what they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You'll have to excuse my stupidity.

Can someone explain what all that means to me? I'm lost. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

IPO to raise money for themselves? Well I suppose they do own the club. Its annoying to think the commercial deal will just be used to pay debts and not invested in the actual club, players, facilities etc.

if the Glazers did use their own money, borrowed money to pay off the PIK's I suppose the IPO is a way to get money back for paying that debt?

but I can't blame them for trying (i can still consider them dirt bags right?). For example if anyone was stupid enough to give me money for my car wheels just so they can say they own a part of my car I would take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You'll have to excuse my stupidity.

Can someone explain what all that means to me? I'm lost. :(

Glazers sell part of club.
    Glazers make money from it
    Gill and possibly fergie (and other execs) make money/can buy parts of club
    Club gets piss all

Am I wrong in assuming ye hate the fact the Glazers are getting money from it, rather than pumping all the money they get back into the club? Why would they do that? Why own something if you're not going to make money from it. They're hardly massive soccer fans anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

This isn't good...definitely a dark day

Glazers sell part of club.
    Glazers make money from it
    Gill and possibly fergie (and other execs) make money/can buy parts of club
    Club gets piss all

Sorry guys, where does it say that SAF is getting a cent?

Samich wrote: »
    Or maybe the people who actually run some of the biggest companies in the world actually know what they're doing.

Manchester United is a football club first, company second. Companies exist to make profits for the people than own them. We shouldn't be used as a source of cash income. This deal serves nothing more than to line the pockets of a bunch of 'yes' men who have been bought by the promise of money. Clearly, the Glazers have their 'cut' and 'Senior Management' (Fergie, Gill etc.) will get a nice cut for themselves. The Glazers have completely taken us for a ride. They have burdened us with debt and have taken cash directly from our football club. Their 'company', our 'club' is being destroyed by these parasites. The sooner fans comes to terms with this, the sooner we can rid the football club of these vultures.

Fergie and David Gill must step down.

It really makes you wonder how we would ever have funded the proposed moves for Lucas, RVP and Baines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

It's a sad day for our club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement