Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

The thought crosses my mind every so often...I would just love it of Anderson fulfilled his potential. He could be such a player for us, but his days look limited.

Also, exactly where in the midfield do you guys see Cleverley playing in the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think Anderson will be gone by end of August. Just a gut feeling I have.

If or when Berba leaves it will be interesting to see if he buys striker, and what role will Powell play.

Eathrin wrote: »
    The thought crosses my mind every so often...I would just love it of Anderson fulfilled his potential. He could be such a player for us, but his days look limited.

Also, exactly where in the midfield do you guys see Cleverley playing in the future?

I'd say Cleverley would be similar to Scholes but his own version of it. Playing a bit further forward more often than Scholes does now. He can really turn on the one touch football with the front lads sometimes. He was unlucky with injuries last year as a lot were impact related ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Kinda hard to say with Clev, he could probably play in a 2 man midfield with a good ball winner beside him, don't think I would trust him other then that, even though we played some great attacking football at the beginning of last season, we were far too open defensively.

kryogen wrote: »
    Kinda hard to say with Clev, he could probably play in a 2 man midfield with a good ball winner beside him, don't think I would trust him other then that, even though we played some great attacking football at the beginning of last season, we were far too open defensively.

Still though when you can put 8 past Arsenal for fun you dont have worry about defense.:p

I know your right though.

Was still just nice to see us pass the ball freely, but it all disappeared once we played Stoke away in late September last year.

I think Anderson will be gone by end of August. Just a gut feeling I have.

If or when Berba leaves it will be interesting to see if he buys striker, and what role will Powell play.

I doubt it, he's been injured too often for other teams to think buying him would be a good idea IMO. Utd wouldn't get enough money for him so they'd rather keep him and see if he can come good injury wise than sell him for less than he's worth. He cost somewhere between €16m and €20m depending on what source you believe and there is no chance we'd get that for him now.

Sacramento wrote: »
    I doubt it, he's been injured too often for other teams to think buying him would be a good idea IMO. Utd wouldn't get enough money for him so they'd rather keep him and see if he can come good injury wise than sell him for less than he's worth. He cost somewhere between €16m and €20m depending on what source you believe and there is no chance we'd get that for him now.

Ya, hear ya. I just think we might need to sell to buy and Anderson might fall into that category. We wont get much, but would not be first time we have made poor loss on player.

I was Anderson biggest optimist before start of last season.

Ya, hear ya. I just think we might need to sell to buy and Anderson might fall into that category. We wont get much, but would not be first time we have made poor loss on player.

I was Anderson biggest optimist before start of last season.

Well this is almost definitely bull but I found this story while looking up transfer rumours:

"18/6/2012: Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha claims United are trying to buy James Rodriguez, the Porto winger. It's suggested the Reds are willing to include Anderson in the negotiations and the Colombian is being valued in the €30million bracket."

Link

Every time I see Anderson take to the pitch I am optimistic, he has shown before that he can be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

As has been said. Rooney supported by nani kagawa Valencia would be first choice for me.

Young, Welbz, Cleverley and Chico could easily come in for some of those players too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads whats the story with Pogba, anything official?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

There's nothing official yet but he's expected to sign a contract with Juve at the start of next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Schism wrote: »
    There's nothing official yet but he's expected to sign a contract with Juve at the start of next month.

And then go on loan to Udinese apparently

Well this is almost definitely bull but I found this story while looking up transfer rumours:

"18/6/2012: Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha claims United are trying to buy James Rodriguez, the Porto winger. It's suggested the Reds are willing to include Anderson in the negotiations and the Colombian is being valued in the €30million bracket."

Link

Saw that story too. Hope it does not come about cause if it does then it would mean Nani has or will be sold(if reports are to be believed)

Then again Fergie likes to buy the odd winger or 5.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

The only thing I've heard recently are the rumours Juve aren't willing to pay the 300,000 compensation Utd are looking for. Apparently willing to let whatever committee that decides these things come up with a figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

And then go on loan to Udinese apparently

Yep, but it's all hear say. Nothing down on paper yet.

Has Bébé been sold yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Every time I see Anderson take to the pitch I am optimistic, he has shown before that he can be brilliant.

I remember that game:)

Good news from the new tv rights,United are to earn an extra £26.5 million from the deal,they'll now get £86.8 Million for the duration of the new deal signed by the FA & the tv companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Has Bébé been sold yet?

your very unlikely to sell a player who has just done his cruciate and has only played 1 or 2 games since....

the deal to Turkey fell through as he went on the lash, but probably it was the first excuse they could find to get rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Has Bébé been sold yet?

No, he was injured during his loan move, had a cruciate injury.Still a United player

zerks wrote: »
    I remember that game:)

Good news from the new tv rights,United are to earn an extra £26.5 million from the deal,they'll now get £86.8 Million for the duration of the new deal signed by the FA & the tv companies.

Is that all they get? It's a lot of money, I know, but Sky alone paid £3bn. If all clubs were paid the same amount as Utd that's still a hell of a lot of money going directly to the FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Is that all they get? It's a lot of money, I know, but Sky alone paid £3bn. If all clubs were paid the same amount as Utd that's still a hell of a lot of money going directly to the FA.

Is the 3bn not over a number of years? Is the 86m annual or multi annual?

Edit:saw Zerks post. That is multi annual? Confirmed?

Some heavy reading but this explains the spreading of the wealth from tv rights,plus the overseas rights money still has to be added on.

http://swissramble.blogspot.in/2012/06/in-premier-league-sun-always-shines-on.html

Saw that story too. Hope it does not come about cause if it does then it would mean Nani has or will be sold(if reports are to be believed)

Then again Fergie likes to buy the odd winger or 5.:pac:

Well ideally I think it's good to have 2 players competing for each position and that would leave us with 4 wingers altogether which would be grand. However, selling a central midfielder is not what we should be doing now. Not that this is even going to happen anyway! :pac:

DM-ICE wrote: »
    No, he was injured during his loan move, had a cruciate injury.Still a United player

Poised, ready to strike and set the Premier League on fire with his silky skillz! :D

• Advertisement

Poised, ready to strike and set the Premier League on fire with his silky skillz! :D

Oh yes, BRING IT ON!

Christ, I never saw that game, that is just woeful stuff. He shouldn't even be in league 2.

Some heavy reading but this explains the spreading of the wealth from tv rights,plus the overseas rights money still has to be added on.

http://swissramble.blogspot.in/2012/06/in-premier-league-sun-always-shines-on.html

Cheers, enjoyed that

(yes Im a nerd)

He actually does have a lot of raw potential, never going to be a united player, but hopefully he will get some sort of decent career out of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Christ, I never saw that game, that is just woeful stuff. He shouldn't even be in league 2.

I feel very very sorry for Bebe. However, Its hilarious that all those crosses were in the same match.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I feel very very sorry for Bebe. However, Its hilarious that all those crosses were in the same match.

I do too. I believe he posts here as Felixicon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can't help but feel sorry for him. He should never have been signed by Fergie, especially with almost no knowledge of whether or not he was any good. Hopefully he can recover from his injury and make a bit of money for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, he's also done this at reserve level. Can't judge him just on a really bad crossing display

Can't help but feel sorry for him. He should never have been signed by Fergie, especially with almost no knowledge of whether or not he was any good. Hopefully he can recover from his injury and make a bit of money for himself.

I hope he has a big fat United contract and sits it out Bogarde style! It was disgusting the way he was treated just to placate Jorge Mendes by the looks of it. Urgh. Unseemly.

I actually never really read much about the Mendes business, was he getting huge bonuses from it or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

He actually does have a rocket of a shot on him. Just never showed much else

Bebe=Darren Gibson.

Bebe=Darren Gibson.

To be fair to Gibson (and unfair to Bebe) he hasn't lost a game in the Premier League since April 3rd 2010. I knew we were in for a rough time when I saw him named in the Everton team against us for that 4-4 game in April. He is the most unlikely of good-luck charms.

Cheers, enjoyed that

(yes Im a nerd)

You & Mitch must team up to go & see the new Batman movie (he came out of the Nerd closet in the Film forum)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79309482&postcount=3037

To be fair to Gibson (and unfair to Bebe) he hasn't lost a game in the Premier League since April 3rd 2010. I knew we were in for a rough time when I saw him named in the Everton team against us for that 4-4 game in April. He is the most unlikely of good-luck charms.

twas more tongue in cheek comment, but agree with you.

Gibson is good player, just not United standard.

Wish he was on pitch for Irish games, least he can pass freaking ball.:(

• Advertisement

Did anybody tell this to Trappatoni:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

titan18 wrote: »

Tbf, he's also done this at reserve level. Can't judge him just on a really bad crossing display

A young Gary Neville in that vid :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

You & Mitch must team up to go & see the new Batman movie (he came out of the Nerd closet in the Film forum)
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79309482&postcount=3037

****, read that as "Bateman movie"

"When one mans obsession..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

****, read that as "Bateman movie"

"When one mans obsession..."

"In a world where trolls are forced underground...."

Any word on Lindegaard's intentions to stay or leave?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79309482&postcount=3037

Cannot frickin wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any word on Lindegaard's intentions to stay or leave?

Havent heard anything to suggest he will leave, he seems to be happy at the club, he will not be happy to be back up though of course, but while he is here he is pretty good backup.

Can see him going in a year or maybe two, but not this year anyway, PIG is gone so we need him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Bebe's crossing was awful alright but to be fair to him, he probably would have done a bit better if he wasn't played out position... Just waiting for Shinji to line out at RB this season ;)

More rumours of Berbs to Malaga being close, I'll shed a lil tear when he goes :(

twas more tongue in cheek comment, but agree with you.

Gibson is good player, just not United standard.

Wish he was on pitch for Irish games, least he can pass freaking ball.:(

Yea he can pass it alright. If he reined in his excessive shooting and passed it to someone in a better position then he'd be a great player. He's only 24. Hopefully he'll be at the heart of the Irish midfield for the next while. Twice the player that Glen Whelan is.
    Did anybody tell this to Trappatoni:pac:

Unfortunately it's only league form. His record in other competitions is dismal :pac:.

• Advertisement

Havent heard anything to suggest he will leave, he seems to be happy at the club, he will not be happy to be back up though of course, but while he is here he is pretty good backup.

Can see him going in a year or maybe two, but not this year anyway, PIG is gone so we need him anyway

Of course we're spoilt to have him as a sub keeper. But he is quality, and you have to think that sort of keeper is going to seek game time. While we have him, I'm delighted.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement