Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Quandary wrote: »
    I think everyone realises the glazers are only looking to make as much money for themselves from Utd as possible; they obviously have no real attach,ent to the club other than its capacity as a business to generate money.
    While they might not have any sentimental attachment to the club,they also realise it's in their best interests to have the club functioning well on the pitch as well as off.
    The business is nothing without the team.

If they were that stingy with funds we could easily have passed on signing Jones and Young.
    I think we are either having serious problems identifying the right player for CM or Fergie doesn't see the issue that everyone else on the planet does :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Quandary wrote: »
    If I'm honest I think it has a lot of potential but it doesn't have a plan B.

I still think we have the option of a plan b. get it to the wings and start putting crosses in the box, we would still have 2 good wingers on the pitch to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What is the status of Gladstony and Agnaldo - They appeared for the reserves yesterday. Are they just appearing as part of the Desportivo Brasil link up?

Gladstony and Agnaldo.

Have you EVER heard of 2 players that sound more like those generic Pro Evolution Soccer - Master League players in your life??? We may aswell have Castolo and Minanda lining up for us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
    Alex Ferguson: `not a single grain of truth in this allegation. I do not receive any payments, directly or indirectly, from the IPO.'

Ferguson: The Glazer family have let me get on with my job, there is no interference or obstruction, only support

Ferguson: My decisions and beliefs are not based around what is best for my personal financial gain. That is an accusation that insults me.

tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
    Fergie:I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them.

Alex Ferguson says he would've left MUFC `a long time ago' if he was motivated by `personal gain.'

Ferguson reacting bcos he doesn't want media or anyone else to ``create a rift, however small, between myself and any Manchester United fan'

Fergie:I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them.

Full article.

Sir Alex Ferguson has today released a statement about Manchester United planned share issue.

"Being aware of the media coverage that is currently ongoing I felt, on this occasion, that I should make my position clear to the Manchester United fans.

"In regards to suggestions that I have praised the Glazer Family because I stand to financially benefit from the proposed IPO, there is not a single grain of truth in this allegation. I do not receive any payments, directly or indirectly, from the IPO.

"Ultimately, I run the football side of this club and in order to do this, you need backing from above.

"The Glazer family have let me get on with my job, there is no interference or obstruction, only support.

"My decisions and beliefs are not based around what is best for my personal financial gain. That is an accusation that insults me. If that was the case, I would have left Old Trafford a long time ago.

"I am speaking out because I do not want a situation to develop whereby the media and other parties create a rift, however small, between myself and any Manchester United fan. I've spent 25 years of my life pushing this club forward and not only could I not have done it without those fans, I do it for them."

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1585194_sir-alex-ferguson-speaks-out-over-manchester-united-share-issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,431 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This bit annoys me:

create a rift, however small, between myself and any Manchester United fan

Not saying United fans who question the Glazers are not real fans might help here, Fergie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Well done SAF,

I still wouldn't mind if he did get a bonus, but I never really got the expectation that he was going to receive one.

money is not his motivation, if it was he would have svenned himself around the last 15/20 years

This bit annoys me:

Not saying United fans who question the Glazers are not real fans might help here, Fergie.

He has his own opinions and if they create a 'rift' he would accept that as his own doing.

if you read the full qoute he is making a specific point about the speculation (re him receiving money for the IPO) and how he is not going to let media or other parties make out he will recieve money creating a rift.

well thats what I took from it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

that should shut a few people up. i dont give a f8ck if fergie backs the glazers or not, its the way he spends their money on transfers that bugs me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This bit annoys me:

Withdrawing your ridiculous comments about Fergie when the IPO was announced would also help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Gladstony and Agnaldo.

Have you EVER heard of 2 players that sound more like those generic Pro Evolution Soccer - Master League players in your life??? We may aswell have Castolo and Minanda lining up for us! :D

If it comes to it I would prefer Castolo. He would always give his all in training and on match day in the ML. Shame I had to trade him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I still think we have the option of a plan b. get it to the wings and start putting crosses in the box, we would still have 2 good wingers on the pitch to do that.

I agree we have no shortage of good wingers but if the centre mid pairing aren't good enough and getting stifled and over-run then they aren't getting service. they need to come deeper inside to get the ball and end up narrowing the play.

This is where we would really need a cm like Martinez/Sahin; someone who is still relatively comfortable in tight spots in front of their own box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

that should shut a few people up. i dont give a f8ck if fergie backs the glazers or not, its the way he spends their money on transfers that bugs me.

Yeah it's just the slight possibility though that everytime Fergie says there's no value to be had in the market that he's just saving face for the club and in actual fact he doesn't have the £30-40 million to spend on one player.

It's something which people use the likes of this IPO deal to prove their point when for instance X star player goes to Y for £40 million when the whole world knows we were interested and then Fergie says we didn't go for it because it didn't represent value for us while the owners take £125 million out of the club for themselves.

I'm not saying it's my opinion, just something that annoys people when we don't get a big name simply because of money (not because of Barca DNA and other ****e) whilst the owners take cash from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fair enough, things are posted in the heat of the moment sometimes but Mitch, a massive overreaction, claiming that Fergie is profiting from this (with absolutely no evidence what so ever), might also help:
    Fergie could be a catalyst but he is happy to take the money and watch his account grow.

Sickening.
    Yeah, and? So what if he has to give up the job. How is being party to the destruction of United on the basis of him getting a nice pay off better for United.
    He wants their money, and they are happy to give it to him to keep the majority of United fans blind to their raping of the club.

I think Fergie's comments above, are aimed to nip opinions like the above in the bud. He is not involved in anything dodgy. He does not benefit from this in any way. He clearly doesn't want any MUFC fan to doubt his integrity. His statement is clear and I fully believe this.

He has spent 26 years building up this club, and to suggest that he isn't going to do right by Manchester United or it's fans, and is taking some sort of payout from the Glazers to the long term determent of the club, is absolutely out of order in the worst possible way, imho, until proven otherwise.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Really hope we can get a CM in before the start of the season. This comment sums up everything :P.
    Man Utd Facebook ‏@MUFC_Facebook
    In old days ppl had farms- now we hav procesd food.we can do same by goin 4 th big player.no more tryin 2 cook 4rm our own farm wit bad crop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cristiano Ronaldo "When I have played in our red kit last season, it reminded me of MUFC and that they will always remain in my heart"

Please come back Cristiano :(I love you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Cristiano Ronaldo "When I have played in our red kit last season, it reminded me of MUFC and that they will always remain in my heart"

Please come back Cristiano :(I love you

Probably the best player a lot of us will have seen or will see live in a United shirt. Would love him back at the club!

Anyone else prefer some of our training tops to the actual first team kits this year :o

nike-boys-man-united-training.jpg

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx?photoNum=1&t=I&catalog=Soccer&img=27622.DSV&w=600&h=600

33437.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pity about the dirty DHL logo!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Pity about the dirty DHL logo!

Yeah it'd even look better if they didn't have the yellow background to it. Even at that though I'd take the first two ahead of the home and away kits this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I don't think it's been posted yet, and it was bound to crop up sometime but Nani has been linked with our friends in Madrid.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/02/real-madrid-launch-surprise-19-7m-bid-for-manchester-united-winger/

The headline caught my eye but then underneath is the good old 'reportedly lining up a bid'. Doubt there's any weight to it, probably just contract maneuvering.

Schism wrote: »
    I don't think it's been posted yet, and it was bound to crop up sometime but Nani has been linked with our friends in Madrid.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/02/real-madrid-launch-surprise-19-7m-bid-for-manchester-united-winger/

The headline caught my eye but then underneath is the good old 'reportedly lining up a bid'. Doubt there's any weight to it, probably just contract maneuvering.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lucas ended up at OT in a week or so and Nani was shipped out. Though I would be very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Better be a load of bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,835 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lucas ended up at OT in a week or so and Nani was shipped out. Though I would be very disappointed.

I am expecting this outcome also,for some reason i think Fergie is not 100% keen on Nani these days.

• Advertisement

Because people have been theorizing about it for a bit now I wouldn't be surprised either but it's definitely a huge gamble.

I can't see the good in selling a proven EPL winger, arguably the best in the league (undoubtedly on his day) to be replaced with an untested South American player.

@Jimmy - I sincerely hope it's a steaming pile!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    kryogen wrote: »
    Your slanting it as it is unlikely that Fergie will be part of the share scheme, this is false imo as it is far more likely he will be included

No, I'm just pointing out that it's speculation to claim that he'll benefit directly from the IPO and I'm giving my opinion that the mechanism is probably more about getting money out to the Glazers than rewarding guys like Fergie and David Gill. We simply do not know, but my honest view is that Fergie will not be one of the beneficiaries

@kryogen

In Fergie We Trust!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't see the good in selling a proven EPL winger, arguably the best in the league (undoubtedly on his day) to be replaced with an untested South American player.

I'd imagine it would be a case of Nani wanting to go rather than United pushing him out the door tbh.

I'd imagine it would be a case of Nani wanting to go rather than United pushing him out the door tbh.

Quite possible, at any rate he's under priced at circa £19m.

all the reports are stating that it is more so the other way around, with Nani having reduced his demands on several occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

all the reports are stating that it is more so the other way around, with Nani having reduced his demands on several occasions.

Any links to this mate? Really would hate to lose Nani. I would hope the Real story is the work of his agent to get us to pull the finger out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Sir Alex Ferguson.

Making internet fans look like absolute complete muppets for 26 years.

Any links to this mate? Really would hate to lose Nani. I would hope the Real story is the work of his agent to get us to pull the finger out

Was in a few papers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nani-fears-hes-being-forced-887156

Remember reading since then that his third compromise got nothing from United either.

Seemingly the City game might have been the nail in his coffin. Much like Park I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Sir Alex Ferguson.

The internet has only been mainstream for about 18 years :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sir Alex Ferguson.

I heard the United Superthread during the 95/96 season was real train-wreck!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I heard the United Superthread during the 95/96 season was real train-wreck!

The first are Fergie and United done thread was created after we didnt win at Upton Park in 95 and failed to win the FA cup against Everton the same year

Was in a few papers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nani-fears-hes-being-forced-887156

Remember reading since then that his third compromise got nothing from United either.

Seemingly the City game might have been the nail in his coffin. Much like Park I think.

meh. I dont pay attention to rags without quotes. They come out with some complete horse****

meh. I dont pay attention to rags without quotes. They come out with some complete horse****

i have reason to believe they are correct in this instance.

i have reason to believe they are correct in this instance.

The reasons being?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Would have been much more reassured about Nani's future if he had got the shirt number 7.

• Advertisement

The reasons being?

reasons I would ahve shared in my last post if I could.

You don't believe them, fine. I'm not going to bother arguing it with you, as I can't say why I believe them.

Would have been much more reassured about Nani's future if he had got the shirt number 7.

if he wanted it, I reckon he would have got it instead of Owen. I think he wants his own number at United, not Ronaldo's

reasons I would ahve shared in my last post if I could.

You don't believe them, fine. I'm not going to bother arguing it with you, as I can't say why I believe them.

Ok fair enough. I just havent really seen anything concrete on it which is why I was asking about it. Makes little sense why we wouldnt tie him down as one of our top earners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Would hate to see nani leave. tbh i think the crop of players we have at the moment has a lot of decent blokes in it, main exceptions would be rooney and i suppose evra + giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sir Alex Ferguson.

miralize wrote: »
    The internet has only been mainstream for about 18 years :confused: :pac:

Mainstream?

Pffft JaMarcus is a hipster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
    São Paulo rejected a €25m offer from #Inter for Lucas Moura. ESPN Brasil says his parents want him to join #MUFC, if a new offer is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭VW 1

Quite possible, at any rate he's under priced at circa £19m.

If we buy Moura for over 30m and sell Nani, we better be getting at least 50m for Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nani has been interviewed on tv and has said he is very happy at United, it has been reported that he has reduced his demands (he of course wants to be in the upper pay bracket) and yet there still seems to be no move from the club. Hopefully there is stuff going on behind the scenes and a deal is being sorted as I am getting a bad feeling about this one now.

Was certain it was all just the usual negotiation stuff, but with the interest in Moura seemingly genuine I am starting to have my doubts, I think Nani wants to stay, from seeing him in interviews, how he talks about the club etc he really does seem to want to stay for a long time and become a club legend. The club on the other hand may want to cash in on him unfortunately. The thing is, unless Nani is being sold for considerably more then what his replacement would cost it makes even less sense then it would if that was the case!

I will say it again, I would love to see Lucas at the club, but not at the expense of Nani

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

VW 1 wrote: »
    If we buy Moura for over 30m and sell Nani, we better be getting at least 50m for Nani.

If we're selling him to Real, we'd better be getting Ronaldo as part of the deal.

• Advertisement

I can't figure out how selling Nani and buying a player who is not tested in Europe makes sense.

scratch that, I simply can't figure out how selling Nani makes any sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement