Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

zerks wrote: »
    James Ducker from The Times is reporting that another £40 million is available to spend as the fees for Kagawa & Powell have been offset by transfers out & loans.

Having £40 million would mean the pursuit of 2 or maybe 3 more players.

would we get Dembele, Van Persie and a LB for that? 20+13+7 i guess.

ill believe it when i see it though, weve been let down too many times by fergie before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

weve been let down too many times by fergie before.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Being linked with Bryan Oviedo (LB from FC Copenhagen)...

Anyone seen much of him?

Wanyama's composure touted to take him to the stars
    Celtic’s assistant coach Johan Mjallby has gone all out to lavish Kenyan Victor Wanyama with praise, noting that his arrival at the team has been marked with evidence of brilliance.

-It’s a luxury for us to have a guy like Victor who is equally good in defense or midfield, Mjallby told the dailyrecord.co.uk.

-From the day he arrived we could see he was a guy who could play anywhere in the world with a top team given some time.

-We are happy we are improving the young players, but Victor really has tremendous potential.

STV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If Bebe ever scores a league goal for United, I'm buying a shirt with his name on it.

Wanyama's composure touted to take him to the stars

STV

Haha, I love that.

"What's that, United are rumoured to be interested? Press release, immediately! Tell the world how great he is!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

would we get Dembele, Van Persie and a LB for that? 20+13+7 i guess.

ill believe it when i see it though, weve been let down too many times by fergie before.

No value there:pac:

If we got those 3,I'd be happy enough.

Haha, I love that.

"What's that, United are rumoured to be interested? Press release, immediately! Tell the world how great he is!"

It's an article from February, just after he won player of the month.
    Written 02/01-12 11:58 by Brian Moseti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

:eek:

???? what you mean?

our lack of activity in the transfer market is 100% the managers decision. he spent 55million last year on a keeper, a CB and a winger, when we needed midfielders. this year he is going after all attacking players apparently.

fergie has the final decision in every united transfer, not the glazers. spending big money is just not his style, with a few exceptions such as rooney, rio veron and berba which is 4 big signings in the last 12 years.

• Advertisement

It's an article from February, just after he won player of the month.

Ah silly me, that's what I get for not clicking links!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Izaguirre, Kayal, Ki now Wanyama

United get linked with a Celtic players all the time.

next summers link will probably be Rabiu Ibrahim or Adam Mathews.

???? what you mean?

our lack of activity in the transfer market is 100% the managers decision. he spent 55million last year on a keeper, a CB and a winger, when we needed midfielders. this year he is going after all attacking players apparently.

fergie has the final decision in every united transfer, not the glazers. spending big money is just not his style, with a few exceptions such as rooney, rio veron and berba which is 4 big signings in the last 12 years.

Just expressing my shock at the line I quoted! No offence intended. :)

Ah silly me, that's what I get for not clicking links!

It was the wrong link anyway! :pac: Been edited now!

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Izaguirre, Kayal, Ki now Wanyama

United get linked with a Celtic players all the time.

next summers link will probably be Rabiu Ibrahim or Adam Mathews.

I doubt Martin Ferguson scouts all the players they are linked to; it's probably got a little more to it than most links.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Reading here the common consensus is that Kagawa will play up front with Rooney... Do you not see him playing more in this line of a role...

Carrick
    Valentia
    Nani

Kagawa

Rooney
    Chico/Welbeck

If you don't where does that leave Chico/Welbeck...? Hate to see both of them warming the bench for most of the season...

• Advertisement

stephen_k wrote: »

Reading here the common consensus is that Kagawa will play up front with Rooney... Do you not see him playing more in this line of a role...

Carrick
    Valentia
    Nani

Kagawa

Rooney
    Chico/Welbeck

If you don't where does that leave Chico/Welbeck...? Hate to see both of them warming the bench for most of the season...

I was thinking that myself, a lovely exciting 4-1-3-2 could make for a great season. I can see that being pretty leaky at the back though. Carrick is not a DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Carrick
    Valentia
    Nani

Kagawa

Rooney
    Chico/Welbeck

I think both will get games as we usually rotate our players well and its a long season, I dont remember our players having injury free season.

Welbeck can even play as Winger or wide forward, I think Hernandez might find it hard to get games as he is not versatile to play any other position than #9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,436 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Carrick
    Valentia
    Nani

Kagawa

Rooney
    Chico/Welbeck

There will be occasions when we play like that - but for most games it would leave our midfield and defence far too exposed, which was a problem we had last season as it was - this would be even worse.

I was thinking that myself, a lovely exciting 4-1-3-2 could make for a great season. I can see that being pretty leaky at the back though. Carrick is not a DM.
    "I have always said that Michael Carrick is an important player for us," said the United skipper.

"He has such a big role for the team. He is that balance between the defence and midfield and the midfield and forwards.

"Over the years he has done that dirty job well. Maybe it is not a great role for the fans and media but we know how important he is for us."

Nemanja Vidic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I agree. While it might look exciting I'd say we would be torn apart. Carrick and the back 4 would be far too exposed.

I'd say it'll be 4-2-3-1 in the big games this season. Carrick and one of either Cleverley/Ando/Scholes making up the 2 depending on fitness.

Makes you worry how we would cope if Carrick gets injured for a stint. fergie clearly has Carrick vey involved in almost any formation we have!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If Bebe ever scores a league goal for United, I'm buying a shirt with his name on it.

Mods, can we separate this post into a brand new thread and sticky it please.

Bebelieve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm sorry :pac:

562868_404670892925168_327833429_n.jpg

@fergie1975
    Rumours of us matching Juve's offer for RVP - potentially game on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Who is that?

Who is that?

taken from his twitter
    Editor for FA Premier League, Sky, ITV, C4. MUFC aligned, wine-drinking, cheese eating person into current affairs. London based, views are my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Who is that?

SAF's on twitter obviously.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I doubt Martin Ferguson scouts all the players they are linked to; it's probably got a little more to it than most links.

I wouldn't read much into it at this stage - Martin Ferguson scouts teams, potential opponents, not just individual players. Its normal for him to go the Champions league matches one night and Europa league the next, the game could just have suited him for travel.

Actually do we even know for sure that he was there?

I wouldn't read much into it at this stage - Martin Ferguson scouts teams, potential opponents, not just individual players. Its normal for him to go the Champions league matches one night and Europa league the next, the game could just have suited him for travel.

Quoted paper said he was at the game; think it said 'again' as if it was a second scout of the guy. Still, better than Twitter! :pac:

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/08/03/Schoolboy-rejects-United-offer/gnid-149666/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Schoolboy striker David Henen has rejected the chance to join Manchester United because he wants to breakthrough at Anderlecht.

The 16-year-old forward was spotted by United scouts last season and offered the chance to train at Carrington alongside his countryman Adnan Januzaj - who the Reds snapped up from the same Belgian club two years ago.

However, Henen took advice from his family and manager who told him to stay at the Brussels club who he joined three years ago from Standard Liege.

Henen will play for the Anderlecht under-21 side at the Otten Cup this weekend and is targeting a first-team breakthrough before the end of the current season.

He told Derniere Heure: "My goal this season is to participate in winter training with the first team.

"They [Manchester United] offered me a great financial package, but my manager advised me to break through in Belgium first.

"I have therefore refused their offer, like the invitation to visit their training centre. Manchester has understood this, but told me that they will follow my development closely. This motivates me and has strengthened my ambition."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Probably in Glasgow to see his mates

• Advertisement

Lindergard has signed a 4 year contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

And Eric Steele said recently that he'll be getting a chance. Not sure what to make of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Lindergard has signed a 4 year contract

Happy with this, just hope he dosnt mind playing second fiddle to DDG, having 2 top class keepers is a major boost.

Also, 'the giant' Bebe is a massive 13/2 first GS with will hills v Valerenga!! GET ON!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

pierrot wrote: »
    And Eric Steele said recently that he'll be getting a chance. Not sure what to make of that.

SAF is a fool to even reconsider the GK rotation bullsh*t. When DDG got a nice run, he performed well. When he was in and out, he didn't perform as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Mourinho "Sahin can leave"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7959627/Mourinho-Sahin-can-leave

Sounds like he would be willing to sell rather than loan at this stage.

Bid Fergie, please bid.

SAF is a fool to even reconsider the GK rotation bullsh*t. When DDG got a nice run, he performed well. When he was in and out, he didn't perform as well

Hoping for a big season from De Gea, having overcome a few difficulties last year and finishing strongly. Hoping for a 38 game season from him, injuries permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Mourinho "Sahin can leave"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7959627/Mourinho-Sahin-can-leave

Sounds like he would be willing to sell rather than loan at this stage.

Bid Fergie, please bid.

Apart from Xavi Martinez, he would be the perfect signing for us. I wonder how much would be needed to land him and whether he would want to join Utd? Has he ever expressed a desire to come to England?

I'd love Sahin to come to Utd, perfect player for us i reckon. Had a great partnership with Shinji at Dortmund, would complement Carrick perfectly, and would potentially not break the bank.

Hopefully Fergie is monitoring the situation.

Quandary wrote: »
    Apart from Xavi Martinez, he would be the perfect signing for us. I wonder how much would be needed to land him and whether he would want to join Utd? Has he ever expressed a desire to come to England?

He seems open to the Arsenal move, or so I'm lead to believe from what I've read online, and thus playing in the EPL.

If we showed interest I think he would favour us and Madrid would happily sell to us as we have given them enough players in the past. Everything about this make sense, he is young, a CM and this should be an easy transfer if he is on Fergies radar. Surely Fergie cant not know about the situation and if he does and is not interested well the ming boggles.

Does anyone have Fergies mobile number, I'll bloody call him myself and tell him to make a bid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't want a player at Utd that is not good enough for Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Hahahaha, who said he wasn't good enough for Real Madrid?

So you wouldn't like Robben, Sneijder or VDV either?

He's only 23 and had a series of injuries last season. Still a top prospect surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

double GG wrote: »
    Hahahaha, who said he wasn't good enough for Real Madrid?

So you wouldn't like Robben, Sneijder or VDV either?

Nor.

So you must hate watching Carrick, Anderson and Cleverly then.

Can't agree with this argument at all.

Sneijder - not considered good enough for Madrid.
    Robben - not considered good enough for Madrid.
    Seedorf - not considered good enough for Madrid (went on to many more great years).
    Makalele - not considered good enough for Madrid (found out just how important he was when they sold him...)

On top of this, many players have been deemed not good enough by many teams, and those teams have been proven wrong.

Juventus thought Henry was not good enough, sold him to Arsenal.
    Fergie thought Stam was done - later admitted he got that wrong.
    Southampton turned down a deal to sign Didier Drogba a year or two before Chelsea bought him.

It doesn't always work out for players at clubs - it doesn't mean all these players are poor. Sahin is a fantastic young player and whomever signs him from Madrid will have a gem of a player on their hands.

I'd love him at United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

There was another article from Andersred this morning (sorry time limited, cant find link again) but in it he set out in some more detail his reasons for opposing the IPO. He also apologised to SAF for accusing him of profiting from it etc (fair play). However, there was one point he raised (almost in passing), and that was that apparently we cant technically pay back a large part of the Bond (debts) till 2013 at the earliest.

Has anyone else any more info on this as I dont think its been mentioned in the thread? If this is true, does anyone think it might be likely that the Glazers will sell more shares in 2013 and then clear down the debt?

shocked.gif

It doesn't always work out for players at clubs - it doesn't mean all these players are poor. Sahin is a fantastic young player and whomever signs him from Madrid will have a gem of a player on their hands.

See Pique, Rossi and Forlan for more examples of this.

SK1979 wrote: »
    There was another article from Andersred this morning (sorry time limited, cant find link again) but in it he set out in some more detail his reasons for opposing the IPO. He also apologised to SAF for accusing him of profiting from it etc (fair play). However, there was one point he raised (almost in passing), and that was that apparently we cant technically pay back a large part of the Bond (debts) till 2013 at the earliest.

Has anyone else any more info on this as I dont think its been mentioned in the thread? If this is true, does anyone think it might be likely that the Glazers will sell more shares in 2013 and then clear down the debt?

35% restriction.

Apparently they still could have paid off 182million this year, and the rest in January.

This is, apparently (going by what i read), a difference between buying back and paying off.

the 35% restriction is on paying off the Bonds - so 35% of 520million in total. United have not, up to this point, paid off bonds. We have bought them back, so they don't count towards this 35% issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Quandary wrote: »

Mourinho said its up to Sahin.

Sahin said a few weeks ago he doesn't want to leave, he wanted to stay and fight for his place.

I don't see any point in considering him a possibility until he or his agent say he is open/would consider a move given the opportunity.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement