Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

David De Gea ‏@D_DeGea
    First training with the team! A pleasure to be with my team mates again! Tomorrow to Norway! Greetings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I don't want a player at Utd that is not good enough for Real Madrid.

There is so much wrong with this comment, I don't know where to begin. Thankfully, my fellow boardsies have summed up the main ones.

I would have Sahin at United in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

So Madrid are interested in Nani apparently right? Could we see a Sahin + cash bid for him perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Degag wrote: »
    So Madrid are interested in Nani apparently right? Could we see a Sahin + cash bid for him perhaps?

Would tell them to where to take it tbh, we need a CM badly but not at the expense of our best winger. Don't want to see it at all even though I'd imagine a tabloid or two will tout it in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

If they offered Khedira and Sahin, I'd give it some serious consideration.... :P

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Would tell them to where to take it tbh, we need a CM badly but not at the expense of our best winger. Don't want to see it at all even though I'd imagine a tabloid or two will tout it in the coming days.
    Oh, i'm the same. Can see it happening though. Could relaunch a bid for Lucas then to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I would much prefer to see a straight cash deal. Nani+cash for Sahin just doesn't sit right with me. Also I would hate to see Nani leave us, he's one of our very very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I hope he doesn't go to Madrid but sadly it's every player's dream to play for Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't go to Madrid but sadly it's every player's dream to play for Madrid.

No it isn't really. Some are just as happy to stay in England or whatever country they are playing in.

Has he ever publicly stated that he'd like to play for Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

No it isn't really. Some are just as happy to stay in England or whatever country they are playing in.

Has he ever publicly stated that he'd like to play for Madrid?
    No I haven't seen the statement so I'd like to see the source from Degag.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    I would much prefer to see a straight cash deal. Nani+cash for Sahin just doesn't sit right with me. Also I would hate to see Nani leave us, he's one of our very very best.

I'd imagine it would be Sahin + cash for Nani not Nani + cash for Sahin.

I never said that. I juat stated that there is supposed interest from Madrid for him.

Well you were the one that said it was "every player's dream to play for Madrid". Bit of an outlandish thing to say imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nani is in my top 3 favourite players at United but I can't help thinking I would be a little more confident starting the season with Sahin and Moura than starting the way we are now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United fans hopes in the transfer window summed up..

iKDhH9H62phNd.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kagawa's Facebook saying that he's been working a lot on his tackling. Probably to be expected but may signal him playing in a deeper role than we expected in a lot of games which, though he is great in and around the box, it's been his playmaking abilities which have impressed me most so far. Will be interesting anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nani has been a wonderful player for us. If he's sold I'll be devastated. Unless Ronnie is coming back it's a bad bad move.

Also he's not said a word about wanting to leave or any of that bollocks. A great professional and someone I def want to stay around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'd take Sahin, but i'd rather we pay for him than lose nani and receive cash compensation on top of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I just dont see Nani wanting to go to Madrid. He struggled to make a name for himself when Ronaldo was here. Obviously he improved with age also. At Madrid he will have alot more competition for places and not sure if he will be first choice everygame. We need to build a team around the likes of Nani not sell him and replace him with a kid with potential. I really think United are a midfielder away or two from having a great chance in Europe next year. Selling our best player is not going to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Macca07 wrote: »
    Being linked with Bryan Oviedo (LB from FC Copenhagen)...

Anyone seen much of him?
    "I was very proud the first time I saw my name in the English newspapers regarding interest from Manchester United and it made me even more motivated and determined to improve as a player," Oviedo told bold.dk.
    "It is very important for my career that the big teams know who I am.
    "At the moment I'm happy to stay in Copenhagen, where my home is, but I have to seriously consider my options if I get an interesting offer. I have to decide what is best for my family and me."

Yahoo! via Simon Sinclair @ Goal.com :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I'd take Sahin, but i'd rather we pay for him than lose nani and receive cash compensation on top of it.

His transfer to Madrid was reasonable so absolutely we should be looking for a cash only transaction. Given Madrid are open to him leaving, I dont think it is the type of transfer we need to sweeten with Nani.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As much as I give Nani a hard time, the problem with him going is he'd HAVE to be replaced; Valencia and Young would need back up on the wings. Be it Lucas or someone else, we'd have to buy someone to replace him....

Maybe they'll trade us Ronaldo for him :(

According to Sky Sports, Sahin is close to a move to Arsenal:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

According to Sky Sports, Sahin is close to a move to Arsenal:(

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why Sahin why :(

Whatever, I'm off out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Don't know why any player worth his boots would in to Arsenal at the moment. Getting paid less than at other teams for the privilege of getting frustrated at the feet of Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Don't know why any player worth his boots would in to Arsenal at the moment. Getting paid less than at other teams for the privilege of getting frustrated at the feet of Wenger.

Lure of London is huge for a lot of the foreign lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Hasn't the Sahin loan to Arsenal been widely known for the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Why Sahin why :(

Whatever, I'm off out.

I'll be eagerly awaiting your drunken PM later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Messi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Great move from Arsenal if true. I wonder if it's on loan or permanent?

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Nani has been a wonderful player for us. If he's sold I'll be devastated. Unless Ronnie is coming back it's a bad bad move.

Also he's not said a word about wanting to leave or any of that bollocks. A great professional and someone I def want to stay around.

True, it would be a blow to loose him for sure, on his day he has to be the best winger in the league, if only we could get him up to that level week in week out, what a threat we would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great move from Arsenal if true. I wonder if it's on loan or permanent?

Probably both, a years long loan and if they avoid relegation then they buy him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I don't think we'd sell Nani becuase if we did that would be a huge step backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

This should help ease the debt burden somewhat:

From DoronSolomon -

"United shirt deal with Chevrolet works out at a whopping £51m a year over those 7 years."

And tariqpanja

"Manchester United reveal details of Chevy shirt deal. It's big. By the time it ends in 2021 United will have banked approximatley $559m."

This should help ease the debt burden somewhat:

From DoronSolomon -

"United shirt deal with Chevrolet works out at a whopping £51m a year over those 7 years."

And tariqpanja

"Manchester United reveal details of Chevy shirt deal. It's big. By the time it ends in 2021 United will have banked approximatley $559m."

Those are impressive figures :eek:

Are they confirmed? If so then hopefully this will be put towards the debts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's a HUGE deal! Still doesn't mean they shouldn't be paying the debt off with the IPO though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Powell scored his first goal for the club tonight in a 1-1 draw between a Utd XI and Scunthorpe.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Reserves-News/2012/Aug/scunthorpe-v-manchester-united-xi-match-report.aspx

Maybe so but Wenger is finally dipping into the transfer market and yet again he may pull off a masterstroke in getting both Sahin and Cazorla. His hand was probably forced over the RVP situation and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Van Persie decided to stay there now. They are finally getting players who are among the best in their position.

All they need to do now is keep a hold of the players they have and maybe get a bit of reinforcement in the defence and they'll be a force once again next year.

Now if only Fergie stopped being so stubborn and followed Wenger's lead we'd be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Only July 26, 2012, consistent with our strategy to grow our global sponsorship revenue, we entered into an agreement with General Motors for Chevrolet to become our exclusive shirt sponsor, beginning in our 2014/15 season. The term of the agreement runs through the end of the 2020/21 season. Annual revenue from our new shirt sponsorship agreement will be $70.0 million in the first season, and will increase by an additional 2.1% in each season thereafter through the term of the agreement. We will also receive approximately $18.6 million in fees in each of the 2012/13 season and 2013/14 season under the terms of our new shirt sponsorship agreement. Total revenue payable through the end of the 2020/21 season under our new shirt sponsorship agreement is approximately $559 million.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1549107/000110465912054176/a12-11113_16fwp.htm

What an unbelievable deal, crazy figures.

So something that I was wondering while watching some of the women's football.....do United have a woman's team, and are they any good? I constantly hear about the Arsenal team when the matter is brought up, but I presume we have some form of a team...

• Advertisement

Those are impressive figures :eek:

Are they confirmed? If so then hopefully this will be put towards the debts

Yea they are pretty much confirmed it seems. You can read all about it in the link below.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1549107/000110465912054176/a12-11113_16fwp.htm

Deal starts off at $70 million for the first season and increases at a rate of 2.1% for every season thereafter. We're also going to get $18 million in fees in each of the next two seasons.

It all works out at an absolutely mind-bogglingly high $559 million, £357 million, or €450 million.

We're getting €64 million a season for having some sponsor on the shirt. I can't believe this.

It's such a pity about the debt and all that. The Glazers are incredible businessmen. I thought the DHL deal was good but this is crazy.

The Glaziers are getting €64 million a season for having some sponsor on the shirt. I can't believe this.

Fixed that for ya ;)

Fixed that for ya ;)

What have windows got to do with all of this :P.

So something that I was wondering while watching some of the women's football.....do United have a woman's team, and are they any good? I constantly hear about the Arsenal team when the matter is brought up, but I presume we have some form of a team...

No, not at senior level. They had a team and disbanded them in 2005. They coach girls up to the age of 16.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/feb/21/newsstory.sport2

Shouldn't have been allowed happen IMO.

FC United of Manchester are setting up a women's team this season.

Fixed that for ya ;)

What have windows got to do with all of this :P.

Change of occupation on the cards me thinks!! Ha ha!!!

Seriously though, that is an extraordinary deal, I'm half afraid to ask but how do we think this money will be spend/pocketed!!!

I dunno about anyone else but I've noticed more Chevrolet cars around since the deal.

Frankly, the Chevrolet logo looks crap on the cars never mind on our jerseys!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I dunno about anyone else but I've noticed more Chevrolet cars around since the deal.

Frankly, the Chevrolet logo looks crap on the cars never mind on our jerseys!

$70 million a season says it is the nicest sponsors logo in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Change of occupation on the cards me thinks!! Ha ha!!!

Seriously though, that is an extraordinary deal, I'm half afraid to ask but how do we think this money will be spend/pocketed!!!
    At the moment it is not too far ahead of some other major club's sponsorship deals, and even with the fees/rise in a few years, it won't be very special compared to other sponsorship deals. People are getting carried away.

$70 million a season says it is the nicest sponsors logo in the world.

We'd want to be seeing every penny of it going to pay off the debt to really be worth it's terrible logo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't think it's a terrible logo, in fact I think it would make a nice change having an actual logo on the shirt, rather that a word/brand name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement