Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Trouble is with a goalkeeper, is that any small mistake is magnified as it more often than not results in a goal for the opposition.

Say for example a keeper lets a ball run under his foot trying to control it - that mistake will be scrutinised a lot more than if a similar thing was done by a right winger out by the corner flag.

I'm not for a minute saying that de Gea didn't make mistakes and cost us points last season - He did. On a number of occasions, and this season needs to be better than last and I'm sure it will be.

Being accountable for every little mistake comes with the territory when you've a 1 on your back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Anyone think Vidic will get some minutes today? Would be awesome seeing him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Darren Fletcher has returned to light training.
    Good luck to him, hope he can come back.

From The Sun, however, so.....

pinch-of-salt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Anyone think Vidic will get some minutes today? Would be awesome seeing him back.

I didn't think he was with the squad.
    If he is, I hope he gets a run out. Maybe last 15mins or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think Fergie has said Vidic will be starting today. Can't find the direct quote though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I think Fergie has said Vidic will be starting today. Can't find the direct quote though.
    He said that Evra-Rio-Vidic-Jones would be the back-four on the tour. That's looking unlikely now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

our options at the back look very light at the moment.

evans, smalling both injured, fabio on loan and rafael at the olympics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7965319/United-close-on-Lucas-deal

Hopefully this is the end of the saga,we are over paying for him but I think he will be worth it in the end,hopefully 2 more players to come in (LB CM)although I still think RVP is on his way and that will be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bullvine wrote: »
    It makes total sense you said we wouldnt have won the league had Berbatov not scored a hat trick but whose to say if someone had played instead they wouldnt have done as well, 7-8 players were far more influential that season than berbatov. Theres a reason he didnt even make the bench for the Barca Game. You think he had a Van Nistelrooy 2003 season the ways yis are drooling over him.

I would be very interested in who the 7 or 8 players who were better than him that season. He was top scorer in the league and scored alot of important goals. I think Nani was as good if not better that season. But your claim that 7 or 8 players were more influential than the top goalscorer in the league is laughable. Any chance you can name off the top of your head the 7 or 8 players who were more influential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

alproctor wrote: »
    I'm not for a minute saying that de Gea didn't make mistakes and cost us points last season - He did. On a number of occasions, and this season needs to be better than last and I'm sure it will be.

By the end of the season De Gea had won us more points than he cost us.

• Advertisement

Lucas and RVP looking more and more likely now. while it doesnt address our CM problems, it sends out a serious statement of intent.

Homerjay theres a few rumours about Sahin going around today,his sudden availability could have made Fergie interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

HURRY UP AND SIGN THEM!!!

I'm starting to think our transfer business is finished :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

De Gea was absolutely brilliant for his age last year. There was a narrative in the press that was willing him to fail simply because they love continuity and for history to repeat itself. Couldn't replace Schmeichel, couldn't replace VDS. He wasn't half as bad at the start as people made out. Lost a bit of confidence, got a rest and came back to be as good as anyone in the league. At 21. As a goalkeeper. Impressive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

IvySlayer wrote: »

I'm trying to remain relatively calm about all the transfer muppetry in the papers, and I feel very detached regarding the possibillity of these players signing for Manche...

omgpleasefergiesignrvpmouraandsahinwearesogonnawineverythingnextyearanditsokwedontneedcentralmidfielders!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lucas and RVP looking more and more likely now. while it doesnt address our CM problems, it sends out a serious statement of intent.

What is the point of a statement of intent? That must be one of the worst possible reasons to sign a player.

Pro. F wrote: »
    What is the point of a statement of intent? That must be one of the worst possible reasons to sign a player.

Showing a statement of intent by signing 2 good attack minded players,seems a great idea to me teams will be ****ting themselves at the thoughts of Rooney,RVP,Kagawa,Moura,Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IvySlayer wrote: »

literally every morsel of evidence suggests otherwise, not sure why you'd think that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

What has changed that makes RVP more likely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Liam O wrote: »
    literally every morsel of evidence suggests otherwise, not sure why you'd think that.

None of it is evidence though. All conjecture and speculation.

• Advertisement

Showing a statement of intent by signing 2 good attack minded players,seems a great idea to me teams will be ****ting themselves at the thoughts of Rooney,RVP,Kagawa,Moura,Valencia.

If I was a manager of one of our rivals I would be rubbing my hands with glee. Instead of buying players that are needed, it looks like United are spending money on positions where we're already stacked.

How would Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Moura and RVP even fit into a first eleven? They wouldn't of course. So if we buy them we are buying expensive subs instead of improving the first team, which has big flaws. It is transfer muppetry of the highest order from Fergie.

what tripe are you talking now? who said it was a reason to sign a player?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

what tripe are you talking now? who said it was a reason to sign a player?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

You said it would send out a serious statement of intent. We're you not saying that that was a good thing?

You said it would send out a serious statement of intent. We're you not saying that that was a good thing?

it shows that fergie is going all out to win back the league, spending money that was there yet he choose not to spend it. it also shows that by the type of players he is looking at buying, he realises that the style of football we played last year was static and one dimensional.

but i never said it was a reason to buy players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Don't get me wrong signing RVP would be great, but we aren't sorting the positions that need improvement.

Centre midfield is a big problem and left back. Please fergie sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Hope we sign Lucas only and not RVP if we are to sign one out of two. And then we can sign a proper CM and our squad and first team will be very good.

Any reasons why no top teams are linked with Ever Banega? I know he is injured but surprising that player of his caliber is not linked with big European teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Liam O wrote: »

None of it is evidence though. All conjecture and speculation.
    we know United have put in bids for RvP and Lucas, all the evidence I need that more business will be done.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong signing RVP would be great, but we aren't sorting the positions that need improvement.

Centre midfield is a big problem and left back. Please fergie sort it.

im pretty sure now, that fergie doesnt see cm as a problem.

it shows that fergie is going all out to win back the league, spending money that was there yet he choose not to spend it. it also shows that by the type of players he is looking at buying, he realises that the style of football we played last year was static and one dimensional.

but i never said it was a reason to buy players.

Oh okay. A statement of intent that Fergie plans to change style you meant. I understand now. No need to get sand in your vag about it.

Imo there is no style of play that can involve Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Moura, Kagawa and RVP effectively. And whatever style might be being aimed for would still be extremely hampered by having Carrick in the centre of the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Oh okay. A statement of intent that Fergie plans to change style you meant. I understand now. No need to get sand in your vag about it.

Imo there is no style of play that can involve Rooney, Nani, Valencia, Moura, Kagawa and RVP effectively. And whatever style might be being aimed for would still be extremely hampered by having Carrick in the centre of the pitch.

How often do the 1st eleven start together, 4/5 of those guys could start every game and that would still leave the need for increased roation due to fatigue/injuries

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some of De Gea's big saves last season.

As mentioned v Chelsea - Mata save also Cahill save.
    Blackburn away where he made a series of quality saves (Ollsson and Hoilett spring to mind)

RVP Peno save at 1-0 v Arsenal or save from RVP's volley in the same game. Save from Ramires v Chelsea.

Saves from Kuyt and Henderson in 1-1 against Liverpool.

Parkinson Wilkinson v Stoke away.

Ridiculous foot save against Basle in the 3-3.

I lost count of how many times he made great saves against Bilbao. losing 3-2 at home was bad, imagine how bad it could have been without De Gea.

They were all at moments where the game was tight.

If I was a manager of one of our rivals I would be rubbing my hands with glee. Instead of buying players that are needed, it looks like United are spending money on positions where we're already stacked.

How would Rooney, Kagawa, Nani, Valencia, Moura and RVP even fit into a first eleven? They wouldn't of course. So if we buy them we are buying expensive subs instead of improving the first team, which has big flaws. It is transfer muppetry of the highest order from Fergie.

Something tells me he's on the way out :(

How often do the 1st eleven start together, 4/5 of those guys could start every game and that would still leave the need for increased roation due to fatigue/injuries

So that would be buying expensive substitutes rather than a change in style of play then.

Why buy expensive substitutes when there are big flaws in the first team? Sounds like an extremely foolish plan to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

If we sign Moura and/or RVP, we're going down the City road of signing guys that we don't need just for the sake of it.

It's a sad day when a £30m signing fills you with dread and a feeling of what might have been, but that's the effect that the recruitment of either would have on me.

The only caveat I'd add is that the signing of Moura would make a bit more sense if it transpires that Nani wants to leave United, but even then Moura's right footed and we have Valencia.

As other posters have suggested/alluded to, signing expensive squad players when there are fundamental flaws in the first team makes very little sense.

Something tells me he's on the way out :(

Yeah, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Would be a big pity.

That still wouldn't explain the potential RVP signing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Don't have MUTV. Any way I can watch the game at 3?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Given the connections between Real Madrid and 'Marca', I think it's significant that it's linking United with a move for Nuri Sahin.

The end game here could be Moura and Sahin to United with Nani heading in the opposite direction to Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Rooney10 wrote: »

Recipe avaible PM if anyone needs one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

fox007 wrote: »

Yes please, I am starving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I could with some recipe here!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Lindegaard; Valencia, Ferdinand, Vidic, Keane; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Welbeck, Rooney.

Vidic. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Yeah, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Would be a big pity.

That still wouldn't explain the potential RVP signing though.

IMO - To replace Berba, or heaven forbid, Rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭VW 1

fox007 wrote: »
    Rooney10 wrote: »

If you wouldn't mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Lindegaard; Valencia, Ferdinand, Vidic, Keane; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Welbeck, Rooney.

Vidic. :cool:

Is this confirmed?. I heard this team mentioned.

Lindegaard; Valencia, Ferdinand, Vidic, Keane; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Phelan, Welbeck, Rooney.

RVD420 wrote: »
    IMO - To replace Berba, or heaven forbid, Rooney!

That would be five players for the two striker positions: Rooney, RVP, Kagawa, Welbeck and Hernandez. That's more than is needed and we would still have one of Rooney, RVP or Kag playing out of position or on the bench.

I've got to go get a bus soon. Every pre-season game I've missed so far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

The rapey one is back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm hungry too :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

YEAY VIDIC! So happy to see him back.

Was hoping to see Kagawa and Rooney get a chance to display what they can do together though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No Jones in the match day squad at all. Hopefully not another injury. We could really do without another defensive injury!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement