Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Bebe is a strange transfer. Obertan, Diouf, Manucho, Tosic, De Laet, Bellion are other examples of strange signings.

Hopefully he goes on to have a good career like the rest have/should.

He has serious power and pace. If he ever figures out he doesn't have to do everything at maximum speed with maximum power he has a chance.

Obertan was only a couple of million and a highly rated young player over the years. He has talent, but lacks the football inteligence.

De Laet was being released, we know of him from his time at Antwerp and were in need of a defender for the reserves. We signed him to stop us needing to bring young players back form loan, as well as to give the lad some training and a club to work with. We gave him a short term shot, in which he did better than the club imagined he would and earned himself a new contract.

Diouf isn't a bad player at all, doing quite well in Germany. Not United standard, but not a bad player. An odd one but not one I'd be too concerned over.

Manucho was signed for very little, a punt that didn't work out. I think Bellion was very cheap as well, another punt that didn't work out.

Biggest issue with the Tosic signing was the lack of a chance we gave him. Done quite well for him, could have been a decent squad player. the collapse of the Ljajic deal was more surprising.

None of them come close to the Bebe deal for oddness imo.

Eathrin wrote: »
    I would lose a little faith if that happened:eek:

I can see Nani leaving, and Rodriguez being a target to replace him (along with Gaitan and some others) but I'd be absolutely certain that if Nani is sold and a new winger brought in that we would make a fairly good profit within the two deals. There is no way at all that we will spend 40million on Rodriguez. 15 to 20million would be maximum spend on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Diouf did fairly awfully at Blackburn also, nowhere near the quality Utd look for.
    I thought both Obertan and Tosic may have succeeded here with time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Diouf did fairly awfully at Blackburn also, nowhere near the quality Utd look for.
    I thought both Obertan and Tosic may have succeeded here with time.
    They stuck Diouf out of position on the right wing most of the time. Go have a look at what Diouf is doing now, it is clear that he has quality. Tosic isn't doing to bad for himself either, and was sold at a large profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya ive no problem in buying players for 2 or 3 million, as we normally make some money back, even a profit sometimes.

Diouf, Obertan, Tosic were all decent players, just not good enough for united. but for them 3 as a group, they were sold at a profit and that is all about business.

we made 4 or 5 million profit on foster for example, 7 million on richardson and im sure there are other examples.

the bebe deal however, was the biggest disaster of a transfer that i have ever seen! if we paid 2 or 3 million for him, then grand, nobody would cry as he is in essence a player who has played 6 times for portugal at u-21 leve, but f*ck me, the signing was abysmal or looks like it so far.

ideally we loan him out and he does ok at his level - championship or leagues such as norway, belgium etc etc.

for what its worth, Diouf has been excellent since he went to hannover. hopefully his injury wont ruin his great start, but he looks a great player/goalscorer for them and to me, he could have been a 10 goals a season striker for a club like Villa, Wigan or even Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Anybody know how to go about getting tickets for an away game, I hear its quite difficult. I have a friend living right by loftus road at the moment and I've always wanted to go to an away game so I'm thinking the QPR game in Feb.

Julez wrote: »
    Anybody know how to go about getting tickets for an away game, I hear its quite difficult. I have a friend living right by loftus road at the moment and I've always wanted to go to an away game so I'm thinking the QPR game in Feb.

virtually impossible to get for london games, especially there > small away end.

also, they charged i think around 85pounds sterling for the away end last year the robbing ****s :mad::mad::mad:

best bet are the likes of Wigan or grounds that give us about 5,000 tickets or cup games. you need to be a ST holder or know somebody who will apply for you though, members never and i mean never, will get away tickets off the club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bebe transfer was/is mental.

I wasn't trying to say it was like the other transfers. Just mentioning some other unusual signings SAF made and that they had good careers afterwards. Like those players, I hope Bebe can go on to do good things in his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

As I said already Bebe has plenty of raw potential in him, his loan to Turkey was with a view to a permanent move however so it is clear United do not a future for him at the club, as such I would like to see him loaned to a championship club with another view to a permanent move.

If he impresses the club may well get back most of his fee, his wgaes might be a problem though, he is on around 20k a week from what I remember, could be way off though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

kryogen wrote: »
    As I said already Bebe has plenty of raw potential in him, his loan to Turkey was with a view to a permanent move however so it is clear United do not a future for him at the club, as such I would like to see him loaned to a championship club with another view to a permanent move.

If he impresses the club may well get back most of his fee, his wgaes might be a problem though, he is on around 20k a week from what I remember, could be way off though.

The guardian reported €68k per month! So €17k a week.

If we still had Ronaldo we would be unstoppable. I don't think anybody can deny that:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If we still had Ronaldo we would be unstoppable. I don't think anybody can deny that:)
    I can.

I can.

okay.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He was unreal at getting those results against the smaller teams. That Blackburn game to name but a few would not have been lost if we still had him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

I see Mathieu Flamini is a free agent now, have not been following him with Milan but I always thought he was a decent player for Arsenal. there must be obviois questions on why Milan dropped his wage offer by over half i am sure, maybe others know more about his performances in Italy?

At 28 he has still a few years left in him, how would people feel about him as a back up in Central Midfield?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Jesus, Nani wasting balls left right and centre... mostly on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Nani Having a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I see Mathieu Flamini is a free agent now, have not been following him with Milan but I always thought he was a decent player for Arsenal. there must be obviois questions on why Milan dropped his wage offer by over half i am sure, maybe others know more about his performances in Italy?

At 28 he has still a few years left in him, how would people feel about him as a back up in Central Midfield?

Interesting,he was top class for Arsenal,had great energy around the middle,I reckon he would be a good signing,PL experience,the more options the better when it comes to the centre midfield,cant see it happening though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nani Having a mare.

Could well have had a goal only for a superb block by Kadlec and he set up Ronaldo's goal by laying the ball off for the full back to run onto. His crossing has been average enough but the rest of his play was decent. At least he was getting himself into the positions.

Interesting,he was top class for Arsenal,had great energy around the middle,I reckon he would be a good signing,PL experience,the more options the better when it comes to the centre midfield,cant see it happening though

He had an operation on a bad knee injury and missed the whole 11/12 season. So if Milan have decided not to renew his contract, something must seriously be wrong. At 28 he's practically a new-born to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Sacramento wrote: »
    He had an operation on a bad knee injury and missed the whole 11/12 season. So if Milan have decided not to renew his contract, something must seriously be wrong. At 28 he's practically a new-born to them
    If the renownded miracle factory of the Milan Lab cant cure him then what hope have we of keeping him fit!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It was asked during the week - Who has impressed during the Euro's -

Portugal's three midfield players impressed tonight anyway. Veloso and Mouthinho could well get big moves from this tournament (Certainly the type of players that would help improve United).

Nani linked up well with them at times. I hope Nani gets a goal in the next game.

Portugal's three midfield players impressed tonight anyway. Veloso and Mouthinho could well get big moves from this tournament (Certainly the type of players that would help improve United).

Nani linked up well with them at times. I hope Nani gets a goal in the next game.

People have been talking about a big move for Moutinho for years now, and Veloso for even longer!

Veloso was linked to United first, it must be going on about 6 or 7 years or so since we first started being linked to him, in recent times he has been linked with Bolton Wanderers however :)

Good player, never turned out the way he was expected to when he was younger unfortunately, still at Genoa I take it?

Moutinho has been linked with Chelsea a bit over the years I think. Haven't actually been overly impressed with any of them in this tournament overall. Tonight was basically a training match too so not much to go on there.

Sacramento wrote: »

I read Milan offered a new contract alright, however they offered much reduced wages of £1.4M a year compared to his previous £3.8M salary. Seems like they wanted him only as a back up, rather than someone who playes every game. With no transfer fee involved it might be a minor risk, however i would assume he thinks he can get a decent salary for a few years. So a punt of say a season to prove himself on decent wages would be rejected I assume. It was just a suggestion really, and I neve knew he had knee surgery, something I would always be wary of with potential signings.

After Hargreaves I think it will be a while before United take a chance on somebody with dodgy knees again!

No post in almost 10 hours, is this some kind of record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No post in almost 10 hours, is this some kind of record?

Think we are all just holding our breath that Kagawa medical goes off smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Is it confirmed that he is having medical today? I think it was reported in goal.com but apart from that I didnt see any source reporting it.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that he is having medical today? I think it was reported in goal.com but apart from that I didnt see any source reporting it.
    Kagawa said it.

Kagawa said it.

i didnt see anything about it apart from a pic of him with his passport in his hand on some website yesterday!

• Advertisement

i didnt see anything about it apart from a pic of him with his passport in his hand on some website yesterday!

quoted as saying he is just going to Manchester for a medical check and hopes there will be no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I hate saying this, really I do, but I am surprised that Veloso and Mouthinho are still there. According to football manager for the past few seasons they are two of the best players in the game. ;)
    In fairness they look decent enough in real life as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Veloso looked like his head wasn't in it at all last night, very sloppy on the ball, a lot of misplaced passes.

A few years ago he was the next big thing, he just hasn't progressed as he should've.

I remember Scolari had a bit of a go at him when he was in charge of Portugal.

I'd take Moutinho at MU alright.

welcome to manchester.....i bet he is regretting it already

Av-8jLjCIAAN2ny.jpg:large

You know you're a superstar when someone holds your brolly.

You know you're a superstar when someone holds your brolly.

i assume the poor c*nt getting soaked in the background is his agent :p

I fully expect the work permit to be denied first time tbh, and then approved on appeal.

Excited about him, he looks a player who has a bit about him also with the Park attitude of running all day long.

Poor might not be the correct phrase.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Doub't he'll mind! Ka-ching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Reports flying in that Javi Martinez has agreed terms with Bayern Munich?

Would be devastated if he's going to a club outside of Spain and we didn't go for him.

Would be devastated if he's going to a club outside of Spain and we didn't go for him.

i doubt any player involved in euros would be agreeing terms right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That rumour been out for while.

Deep down I knew we would never get him.

Still disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

i doubt any player involved in euros would be agreeing terms right now...

It's really not hard to have a phone call with your agent for 10-15 mins a day to iron out some terms......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I fully expect the work permit to be denied first time tbh, and then approved on appeal.

Championship Manager ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Championship Manager ftw.

Football Manager, and in Shinji's case it's his Wok permit.

Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Fenix wrote: »

Sorry.

He's Japanese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Fenix wrote: »

Sorry.

He's Japanese

353d8d7a.jpg

Why do people feel the need to demonstrate their feelings using stick men gifs?
    Getting more common place around here and it's neither funny nor intelligent.....
    (Not directed at anyone in particular)
    Imagine Fergie doing similar in his programme notes.......
    Now THAT would be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Not sure if srs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

kippy wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to demonstrate their feelings using stick men gifs?
    Getting more common place around here and it's neither funny nor intelligent.....
    (Not directed at anyone in particular)
    Imagine Fergie doing similar in his programme notes.......
    Now THAT would be funny.
    abgfwm.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement