Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ah I know you dont hate him. But you said you were shocked why he got so much love, so I made it my business to point out that he is an outrageously loveable bastard.

You are correct hes a loveable bastard!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

MD1990 wrote: »
    players Utd have missed out on

03 - Ronaldinho
    06 - Torres
    09 - Benzema
    10 - Ozil
    11 - Alexis Sanchez,Samir Nasri
    12 - Hazard,Lucas Moura
    how is it ridiclous its the truth
    Man U did miss out on all those players

Yea well Liverpool signed Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll and Charlie Adam last season, and Joe Cole the year before that. Not to mention that ye paid 20 million for Aquilani and then shipped him off a few years later despite him being one of the few players capable of passing the ball in your team.

Feck back off to your own thread and worry about the complete disaster that is Liverpool's record in the transfer market instead of trying to kick up a fuss over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yea well Liverpool signed Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll and Charlie Adam last season, and Joe Cole the year before that. Not to mention that ye paid 20 million for Aquilani and then shipped him off a few years later despite him being one of the few players capable of passing the ball in your team.

Feck back off to your own thread and worry about the complete disaster that is Liverpool's record in the transfer market instead of trying to kick up a fuss over here.

Add them to the list of players we missed out on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

03 - Ronaldinho
    06 - Torres
    09 - Benzema
    10 - Ozil
    12 - Hazard,Lucas Moura
    £35,000,000 for Andy Carroll. Does anymore need to be said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

03 - Ronaldinho
    06 - Torres
    09 - Benzema
    10 - Ozil
    12 - Hazard,Lucas Moura

player Utd have not missed out on

Rooney, Tevez
    Vidic, Ferdinand, Jones
    Ronaldo, Nani

What's our point here exactly???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Oh, that was a Liverpool fan?

Commenting unfavourably on Manchester United's transfer policy of the last decade or so?

Motherfúcking LOLZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Enough of other fans attempting snide remarks...we have a match tonight, a match against a team that will be playing in The Champions League soon ( thank God we don`t have to rely on friendlies to do this )

F.C.Barcelona ‏@FCules
    Barça: Valdés; Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano; Busquets, Iniesta, Sergi Roberto; Alexis, Tello y Messi.

Source.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Des wrote: »
    Oh, that was a Liverpool fan?

Commenting unfavourably on Manchester United's transfer policy of the last decade or so?

Motherfúcking LOLZ.

Akin to Hans Fritzl giving parenting tips...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If anyone could pm me a stream that will work on an iPad I would be ever so grateful......pleeeeeeease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jame Gumb wrote: »

Who is Hans Fritzl?

• Advertisement

Who is Hans Fritzl?

The Austrian guy who kept his kids prisoner in a dungeon for years...think there may have been some incest and murder in there too.

Bad parent but super haircut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Team according to twitter

Yogi Tri Diantoro ‏@yogiatshu1933
    Starting-XI Man.United (vs Barcelona): De Gea, Valencia, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Anderson, Young, Rooney, Welbeck.

The Austrian guy who kept his kids prisoner in a dungeon for years...think there may have been some incest and murder in there too.

It was Josef Fritzl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Who is Hans Fritzl?

Josef.....

MirrorFootball ‏@MirrorFootball
    BREAKING Sao Paulo's website has announced Lucas Moura has signed for PSG. Website then crashed

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/294nZM/www.psg.fr/en/News/003001/Article/58709/Lucas-Rodriguez-Moura-Da-Silva-in-Paris-in-january-2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Paris Saint-Germain and São Paulo FC have reached today an agreement for the definitive transfer of Lucas Rodriguez Moura Da Silva.

The player and Paris Saint-Germain have also signed an agreement from January 2013 to July 2017. The player will join Paris Saint-Germain and his new teammates in January 2013 for the second half of the season 2012/2013.

By signing a young talent of the quality of Lucas Rodriguez Moura Da Silva, Paris Saint-Germain is already preparing the future.

http://www.psg.fr/en/News/003001/Article/58709/Lucas-Moura-in-Paris

Done deal. €43 million apparently.

Bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Thank **** that's over

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Someone called him a luxury player a few pages back and I agree. For that price, I really am not all that bothered he's gone to France....

In other news, it's dinner time soon. Anyone got any good recipies for me to cook?

We have to nail Nani down to a 10 year contract as soon as possible now. Give him what he wants.

• Advertisement

It was Josef Fritzl.

Fail!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Missing out on Lucas reminds of the time ye missed out on Ronaldinho.

RVP would soften the blow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Its cool... Fergie pulled out of the Lucas deal once he heard of Usain Bolt's availability. He couldn't turn down this value for money opportunity.

I'm hoping for RVP to step out of this helicopter at the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'm hoping for RVP to step out of this helicopter at the game :D

Took them so long to open the box I thought he was in it for a second :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

djPSB wrote: »
    Missing out on Lucas reminds of the time ye missed out on Ronaldinho.

RVP would soften the blow though.

Jaysus I wouldn't agree. We made a complete and utter bollix of signing Ronaldhino when he was within our grasp, a proven world talent. This kid is still unproven.

If it means we are going to spend £30 millin odd on other players then I'm delighted we didn't sign a player that I don't think we actually needed and certainly wasn't a priority.

The thing is I wouldn't be optimistic that all that money will be spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone know the teams?

Edit: Here they are.

Dp3N3.png

8o7Ga.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

We don't need Lucas Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That number 7 looks damn good on Valencia :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

PM me for dinner recipes. Some delicious ones available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Moura to PSG in January on a 4 yr deal. Like others, I don't think he was what we needed but hope that it wasn't all a publicity stunt for the share issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What a clever ball from Iniesta.

Magic by Iniesta. Carved open already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom at times on here about the up coming season from some people.
    To be honest I am really excited to see what the new 9 months has to offer.

Ok, we've missed out on Hazard and now Moura by the looks of it, but it is fact we were in for these 2 players which shows intent in this transfer window that hasn't been shown in years, so hopefully the money spared on these 2 players will still be used on another midfielder before window closes.

The introduction of Kagawa is real cause for excitement, one of the most effective players in Europe last year, probably the main reason Dortmund did so well, and with him on board we should hopefully see Rooney stepping it up to another level.

The realistic possibility of adding one of the greatest forwards on the planet into the mix as well isn't exactly something to complain about.

Add to this the fact that we have a very young team when you take away Scholes and Giggs is another reason to be excited as these lads can only improve as the mature and grow more comfortable with one another. The improvement De Gea made as the season went on was a joy to watch, and if that continues he could easily go on to become the best goalkeeper in the world.

The hunger from a trophy-less year should only further fuel the lads to play better, and stupid mistakes from last year, especially in Europe will surely be eradicated.
    Also, those around us haven't done too much to be worried about in the transfer window in my opinion. City have bought no one so far, Chelsea have signed a few exciting players but have lost their main driving force from last year, plus an underrated provider for them in Kalou. Arsenal have done a bit but if we do manage to get RVP from them think that would almost balance out there good work.

This might seem like a small rant out of the blue, especially since I mostly just lurk here, never really post, but I am just really pumped for this season, and the next 10 days can't pass quick enough for me.

When you mentioned Chelsea you spelled diving wrong!!!

Awful touches from Rooney and Nani so far. Can't afford to be so cheap with possession.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Interesting to see Rooney is right up top and Welbeck is just behind him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fergie, y u no start Kagawa? :(

**Enter Evra Praise here for his roulette turn**

Moura to PSG in January on a 4 yr deal. Like others, I don't think he was what we needed but hope that it wasn't all a publicity stunt for the share issue.

All I can say is thank Christ that is all over! We just dodged a potentially financial disaster there if that transfer has failed to work out....

Money in the bank, on to the next target.... PLEASE BE A BLOODY CM !!!

Terrible header from Rooney. Probably should have had a call from Young but still a terrible header. Good chance.

• Advertisement

Any link to the game lads?

Scholes.... WHAT A BALL! Handball anyone? waiting for replay?

Scholes to Nani. Lovely stuff.

Scholes has sprayed 3 lovely balls already. Nani close. Should have done better.

Rooney's first touch has been shocking.
    Anderson started well.

Scholes' passing has been majestic so far. Short, long.... everything, just perfect.

Brilliant move from Barca. Chasing shadows there.

Fantastic by Messiniesta. Great save De Gea.

How wasteful are Utd in possession?

Messi-like from Nani there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement