Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Nani Miss.
    Xavi Goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

DDG nearly got it

Ashley Young saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jaysus

The lads need to work on penalties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭KH25

Young is a bad peno taker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads, tomorrow, penalty training for a week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúcking Young.

Pique Goal. 2-0 on penalties. Good game overall but still a good bit behind where we need to be against Everton. Promising however. Penalty practice needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Have to give it to Pique, twas an excellent penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No excuse for bad penalties. It's no different from anything else. Practice it in training, do the exact same thing in the match and don't mess about. It's not rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Only seen the few penalties, what was the game like as a whole? Were there any decent chances or good gameplay from United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Sick of pennos this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Trust an englishman to miss a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

b757 wrote: »
    Only seen the few penalties, what was the game like as a whole? Were there any decent chances or good gameplay from United?

Good mentions:
    De Gea - Made a couple of good saves and his passing was superb.
    Valencia - Did quite well at right back and got forward well.
    Scholes - Bossed things when Utd had the ball.
    Nani - Looked sharp enough, sometimes ...
    Kagawa - Looked very calm and neat around the box, made things happen.

Bad mentions:
    Evra - Caught of out position several times, same old Evra really.
    Young - Absolute muck, wasted pretty much every ball he got.
    Rooney - Didn't look fit, bottled a penalty.

Overall Utd defended decently. Made a few good attacking moves but otherwise didn't do much going forward. Kagawa, Nani and Valencia the only players who tried to make something happen.

[edit]Forgot to mention Vidic. He looks like he's barely missed a game, so good to see him back in defence!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭KH25

Based on tonight I wouldn't like to see Young in the starting lineup. Val on the right and Nani on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

All attention to Ferguson's interview now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

KH25 wrote: »
    Based on tonight I wouldn't like to see Young in the starting lineup. Val on the right and Nani on the left.

Base it on previous years and its still the same case imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Good mentions:
    De Gea - Made a couple of good saves and his passing was superb.
    Valencia - Did quite well at right back and got forward well.
    Scholes - Bossed things when Utd had the ball.
    Nani - Looked sharp enough, sometimes ...
    Kagawa - Looked very calm and neat around the box, made things happen.

Bad mentions:
    Evra - Caught of out position several times, same old Evra really.
    Young - Absolute muck, wasted pretty much every ball he got.
    Rooney - Didn't look fit, bottled a penalty.

Overall Utd defended decently. Made a few good attacking moves but otherwise didn't do much going forward. Kagawa, Nani and Valencia the only players who tried to make something happen.

[edit]Forgot to mention Vidic. He looks like he's barely missed a game, so good to see him back in defence!

Thanks for that.. Did powell get a game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Scott Wooton: well spoken gentleman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

has he been on yet and if so, whats he been saying?

by the way, for once (and to be honest hazard deal also i think we did the right thing) i agree with Fergie if we pulled out of the Moura deal.

43million rumoured fee is just insane plus 9million quid in fees. mental....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

by the way, for once (and to be honest hazard deal also i think we did the right thing) i agree with Fergie if we pulled out of the Moura deal.

And €250,000 a week for 4 years so that is around 100 million euro

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

250000, that can't be right surely??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

now, RVP and Dembele please before the season starts and I will go into the season with alot of hopes and expectations.

as it stands, i still believe next season will be as bad, if not worse than last season as there is something missing in our play. i think RVP if he signed, would close most of that gap.

FutureGuy wrote: »

250000, that can't be right surely??

I know the French are nuts. But come on...€250k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Missed this one lads but judging by the scoreline it was par with our pre-season games so far. Was our expected first XI given most of the game or was there still plenty of changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Platini must not be enforcing financial fair play in France.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Surely the 250k for Moura must be Euros and per month?

He's a great prospect rather than the finished article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Defensive
    ---DDG---
    Val/Raf---Smalling---Vidic---Evans/Evra
    Rooney---Carrick---Cleverly---Nani
    ---Kagawa---
    ---RVP---

Attacking
    ---DDG---
    ---Smalling---Vidic---Evans/Evra---
    ---Carrick---Cleverly---
    Val/Raf---Kagawa---Nani
    ---Rooney---RVP---

Zee wins, zey will come

• Advertisement

530 million before tax in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭billyhead

With all this talk of RVP and Utd. Surely wenger would have a say in where he goes and the last place h would want that to be would be Utd. Is it just a case of player power again and the player can force through a move to his preferred club? I would love to see him sign for us but if I was a betting man I would think he will if he leaves Arsenal head to Italy or Spain even though there has ben no mention of clubs their apart from Juventus showing an interest in him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

3 goals in 5 games, whats going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I think that PSG letting him finish the season in Brazil has been a factor in him choosing them. Also maybe Robinho's alleged comments that the city was boring. Then of course there is the $$$!
    "No doubt it would be better if I can help Sao Paulo a little bit more, though. I said before I want to win a title before leaving and qualify for the Copa Libertadores."

Telegraph UK

I doubt United would have been happy to pay such big money and not get him until next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That figure of 250k a week is surely not true. Moura was on 10k a week when he was with Sao Paulo wasn't he? There's no way that PSG are stupid enough to pay him 25 times what he's on at the moment.

Fergie....We've made a bid, they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We have to persevere. Hopefully it comes our way." -- Nick Coppack (@nickcoppack)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Other clubs? Juve and City, I presume?

Makes sense that Arsenal would look to flog him elsewhere to:

1. Jack up the price
    2. Hopefully sell him foreign

Ball is in RVP's court now. He will have to push it through if he wants a move to us. Ferguson very public in all this. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Presume he was talking to MUTV?

Very strange, looking very like Van Persie utd tops could well be flying out of the the megastore very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Defensive
    ---DDG---
    Val/Raf---Smalling---Vidic---Evans/Evra
    ---Kagawa---
    ---RVP---

Attacking
    ---DDG---
    ---Smalling---Vidic---Evans/Evra---
    ---Carrick---Cleverly---
    Val/Raf---Kagawa---
    ---Rooney---RVP---

Zee wins, zey will come

I'm not sure starting at match with 10 men is very attack minded.

Surprised that the big Spanish clubs aren't in for him TBH.

If he's coming to Manchester to speak with United (as Sky seemed to be suggesting), does that mean Arsenal have given him permission to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

SAF: "I don't know what Arsenal's thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

SAF: "I don't have a gut feeling about it. We can't get a break through with Arsenal. Its hard to know their thoughts."

TalkSport saying all eyes on the last flight from Dusseldorf tonight. Goes against what Fergie is saying though so can't really put much faith in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

@tancredipalmeri

Robin van Persie contacted Juventus by phone talk and informed them that talk with Manchester United are at an advanced stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just ssaw this...
    @nickcoppack
    Sir Alex on RvP: "We've made a bid, they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We have to persevere. Hopefully it comes our way."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

b757 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.. Did powell get a game?

He got 10 minutes towards the end. By that stage Barca were just passing the ball around and majority of Utd play was between Valencia and Nani so he barely touched the ball. Good experience for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭billyhead

kmart6 wrote: »
    Just ssaw this...

I feel this deal will end up flat. Money talks as eveone knows in football and we can't compete with the likes of City and Juve. His head will be turned by his agent and the money flashed in front of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2012Teaser/Tour2012News/2012/Aug/sir-alex-ferguson-on-van-persie-and-lucas-moura.aspx?pageNo=1
    Boss perseveres with van Persie

Sir Alex Ferguson says he is persevering in his bid to sign Robin van Persie after losing out on Lucas Moura.

With PSG declaring they have won the race to sign Brazilian Lucas for a club record fee, speculation has been rife that the Reds are stepping up attempts to land the Arsenal captain. Although the Gunners would clearly prefer to sell to a club outside of the Barclays Premier League, the boss is hopeful a deal can be struck.

"I can't give you any more information," he said when asked about van Persie. "We have made a bid and they've been trying to negotiate with other clubs. We just have to persevere. Hopefully it will come our way. We're trying our best but there's no progress at this moment in time.

"I don't have a gut feeling on it at the moment, I must admit. We're not getting any breakthrough with Arsenal. It's difficult to say why they're operating this way. I don't know what their thoughts are because they're not giving anything away."

Regarding Lucas' sale from Sao Paulo, it is further evidence that the cash-laden Parisiens mean business in the transfer market.

"I find it quite amazing that a club can pay €45million for a 19-year-old boy," Sir Alex continued. "To make a mark on everyone - to tell everyone that PSG are here - they've signed Thiago Silva from Milan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"They must have spent about £150m in the last month. As you know, the only deterrent to that is UEFA. In the conditions of European football, you don't qualify for Europe by winning the league or coming second - you only get in by invitation. That's where, hopefully, UEFA can have some power. When somebody's paying £45m for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

I'm not sure starting at match with 10 men is very attack minded.

Ah i missed a bit cutting and copying
    Defensive

---DDG---
    Val---Smalling---Vidic---Evans
    ---Kagawa---
    ---RVP---

Attacking

---DDG---
    ---Smalling---Vidic---Evans---
    ---Carrick---Cleverly---
    ---Val---Kagawa---Nani---
    ---Rooney---RVP---

Better?

billyhead wrote: »
    kmart6 wrote: »
    Just ssaw this...

I feel this deal will end up flat. Money talks as eveone knows in football and we can't compete with the likes of City and Juve. His head will be turned by his agent and the money flashed in front of him

I heard somewhere that Adebayor and RVP despise each other (Adebayor admittedly a peripheral figure). And doesn't Mancini have his hands tied by the board / Financial Fair Play? They've six strikers on huge money - Surely they can't accommodate Van Persie? And didn't Mancini publicly admit defeat (of course he could be spoofing)?

All in all, I'd be surprised if he goes to City.

Corriere dello Sport headline: "Van Persie - Goodbye Juventus; going to Manchester United."

Pure guess work here but I'm betting that Van Persie has stated his desire.to join United and Arsenal are getting tough on it and now Fergie is trying to force Van Persie to drive it through.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement