Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

VC5Eb.jpg

Welcome to Manchester Shinji.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

zerks wrote: »
    VC5Eb.jpg

Welcome to Manchester Shinji.

Clinical Waste - nice.
    On reflection, I suppose it is a hospital.

kippy wrote: »
    Clinical Waste - nice.
    On reflection, I suppose it is a hospital.

That's where Anderson is kept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I fully expect the work permit to be denied first time tbh, and then approved on appeal.

Excited about him, he looks a player who has a bit about him also with the Park attitude of running all day long.

Doubt if it will be to be honest, he has 30+ international caps and it should be fairly easy to demonstrate the value he'll bring to the league i.e. his profession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not sure why the work permit would be a problem myself

I don't think we should be comparing him to Park constantly, seems it keeps happening just because he's Asian, the shirt sales is only place they are similar. Playing style they are totally different.

Park is a relentless runner/workhorse who breaks up play.
    Kagawa is a number 10 style player who plays off a front man and creates or scores goals consistently.

Sacramento wrote: »
    I don't think we should be comparing him to Park constantly, seems it keeps happening just because he's Asian, the shirt sales is only place they are similar. Playing style they are totally different.

Kagawa is a number 10 style player who plays off a front man and creates or scores goals consistently.

Now ignoring for a moment that when Park came he was a very clever creative player who did his best work through the centre.

Who is saying they are similar?

Most people recognise that Kag is a far better prospect then Park ever was don't they? He is a fantastic player already, and before leaving us for La Liga I hope he improves 10 fold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Doubt if it will be to be honest, he has 30+ international caps and it should be fairly easy to demonstrate the value he'll bring to the league i.e. his profession

He was injured for much of last season and as far I was aware the stipulation is he must have played in 75% of all international matches in the previous two years (open to correction on that). As I said though I think the appeal will be a formality. Hopefully I am way off and he gets it first time.

kryogen wrote: »
    Most people recognise that Kag is a far better prospect then Park ever was don't they? He is a fantastic player already, and before leaving us for La Liga I hope he improves 10 fold!

I think I posted something along the lines of hopefully he has the all action, run all day attitude that Park has, I don;t think for one second they have similar playing qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Correct me if I'm wrong, was that not Parks game at PSV?

Now ignoring for a moment that when Park came he was a very clever creative player who did his best work through the centre.

Who is saying they are similar?

I'm not saying someone is saying they are similar, I'm saying i think people keep comparing the two purely because they are both Asian. Currently they aren't similar at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

That's where Anderson is kept.

Haha, fooking brilliant.

I'm not saying someone is saying they are similar, I'm saying i think people keep comparing the two purely because they are both Asian. Currently they aren't similar at all.

Oh yeah currently they are not, but as I said, when Park came to us first, they were quite similar styles of player

Oh yeah currently they are not, but as I said, when Park came to us first, they were quite similar styles of player

Oh no question about that at all, he never played that role with us AFAIK though. I mean I've seen people mention Kagawa and Park in the same breath now when they are nothing alike when it'd be far more relevant to compare him to say, Rooney or Young even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Not sure why the work permit would be a problem myself

Exactly, one of the main points would have been the games played(75%??) for his country over the last 3 years(i think its 3). He has that. It'll be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Julez wrote: »
    Anybody know how to go about getting tickets for an away game, I hear its quite difficult. I have a friend living right by loftus road at the moment and I've always wanted to go to an away game so I'm thinking the QPR game in Feb.

Nearly impossible. My Dad and I have a season ticket each and apply for tickets to every single away game.

Last season, we got 1 ticket to Fulham away and Aston Villa away, both on my ticket. When Season Ticket holders can't get them despite applying for every game then it shows how difficult it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nearly impossible. My Dad and I have a season ticket each and apply for tickets to every single away game.

Last season, we got 1 ticket to Fulham away and Aston Villa away, both on my ticket. When Season Ticket holders can't get them despite applying for every game then it shows how difficult it is.

I wont lie, a lot comes down to who you know too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I wont lie, a lot comes down to who you know too.

my aways last year made no sense at all, got accepted for City, Stoke, leeds and Chelsea, but then got chubbed for blackburn and wigan and a host of others, which normally are the 2 easiest to get.

i dont think there is any structure to those draws at all, they just do what they want, which normally entales sponsors and exec and this loyalty pot we keep hearing about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

my aways last year made no sense at all, got accepted for City, Stoke, leeds and Chelsea, but then got chubbed for blackburn and wigan and a host of others, which normally are the 2 easiest to get.

i dont think there is any structure to those draws at all, they just do what they want, which normally entales sponsors and exec and this loyalty pot we keep hearing about.

My 2 Uncles are season ticket holders and they always try give me 1-2 games per season. They normally get 3-4 matches each season, but it is my Aunt or more like my Aunts Husband who is business for getting tickets.

I will just say he seems to have contacts for everything. Not complaining of course, but without him I be lucky to get to more then 2 away trips a season.

Liverpool fan Mervyn Westfield banned from all League & England games for 4 years for making monkey gestures at Evra,also banned from Liverpool city centre for 4 hours before every home game along with £180 fine.

SSN breaking news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Quote from twitter..
    United target Luka Modric has agreed to join Real Madrid. [marca] #MUFC

Looks like we could be missing out on another target.

Can't believe they're after Modric with the players they have.

Don't think we were ever realistically getting Modric, we simply could not afford to match a transfer fee and wage that another of the big clubs can.

For us to get big name players these days they really do have to have a desire to want to play for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Steve Bartram ‏@stevebartram1
    #MUFC complete the signing of Shinji Kagawa on a 4-year deal. Passed medical and work permit granted. More on

Kagawa completes United move
    Manchester United announced earlier this month that an agreement with Borussia Dortmund had been reached for the transfer of Shinji Kagawa for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old Japanese midfielder has now passed a medical, obtained a UK work permit and has agreed a four-year contract commencing 1 July 2012.

Sir Alex Ferguson is delighted to be bringing the midfielder to Old Trafford. He told ManUtd.com: “Shinji is an exciting young midfielder with great skill, vision and a good eye for goal.

"I am delighted he has chosen to come to United. I believe he will make an impact upon the team very quickly as he is suited to United’s style of play. We are all looking forward to working with him."

Kagawa himself can't wait to get started as a Red. He told us: “This is a challenge I am really looking forward to. The Premier League is the best league in the world and Manchester United is such a massive club.

"This is a really exciting time for me and I can’t wait to meet the team and start playing."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Jun/shinji-kagawa-passes-medical-and-agrees-united-move.aspx

Kagawa: "This is a challenge I'm really looking forward to. This is a really exciting time for me. I can’t wait to ... start playing" #MUFC

So happy to have Shinji. Now, whats his number?:D

• Advertisement

Ka ka ka KAGAWAAAAA....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Looks like we could be missing out on another target.

Delighted we aren't spending that outrageous amount of money on a player like Modric.

He isn't worth half the 40 million pounds price tag been thrown around.

He is a good player but I don't think he would add much to our midfield, give me Carrick any day of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

So happy to have Shinji. Now, whats his number?:D

7 maybe?

So is it safe to assume Kagawa got the work permit? Or it will be done only on July 1st?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So is it safe to assume Kagawa got the work permit? Or it will be done only on July 1st?

From the article
    The 23-year-old Japanese midfielder has now passed a medical, obtained a UK work permit and has agreed a four-year contract commencing 1 July 2012.

• Advertisement

From the article

****, I read only SAF and Kagawa quotes.

Surely he will get 7 and welbeck will get 9 if berba leaves....that leaves only number 2 from the first 20 numbers free then apart from vacated jersey by Welbeck perhaps. i think then 22 is next available though thinking again scholes has that. who has 24 and 26? Pig was 29 then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

:D

543379_10150917705987746_1581529068_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Scholes has 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I always laugh when I see David Gill standing beside anyone. He's huge. The only person that is of similar height is van der Sar.

article-1297119-0A8A9DE3000005DC-220_634x438.jpg

Kagawa is enjoying like a tourist :D

kagawa6.ashx?20120622T1806414116&mw=500
    kagawa7.ashx?20120622T1806534272&mw=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

David Gill always reminds me of the principal in The Inbetweeners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Liverpool fan Mervyn Westfield banned from all League & England games for 4 years for making monkey gestures at Evra,also banned from Liverpool city centre for 4 hours before every home game along with £180 fine.

SSN breaking news.

He's been busy. He was also banned from cricket for 5 years today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

The fan is called Phillip Gannon

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's been busy. He was also banned from cricket for 5 years today.

What he do at the cricket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Surely he will get 7 and welbeck will get 9 if berba leaves....that leaves only number 2 from the first 20 numbers free then apart from vacated jersey by Welbeck perhaps. i think then 22 is next available though thinking again scholes has that. who has 24 and 26? Pig was 29 then..
    Fletcher has number 24. Nobody has number 26.

Fletcher has number 24. Nobody has number 26.

Forgot about poor fletch...wonder will we ever see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Forgot about poor fletch...wonder will we ever see him again.

Hope so but I don't think so. If he returns I don't think he will be at the same level. Wish him a good recovery though.

Is he sick in the picture above with gill? He Doesnt look great...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If Modric is going to sign for Real,who do ye think Real will offload? thats if they get rid of any of their midfielders

Great to hear the Kagawa deal is done and dusted,looking forward to seen him play,

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Park won't be happy.

Id like Madrid to sell us Sahin for cheaps

Id like Madrid to sell us Sahin for cheaps

As a complimentary gift for selling them Ronaldo, RVN, Beckham. (Heinze is excluded though).

If Modric is going to sign for Real,who do ye think Real will offload? thats if they get rid of any of their midfielders

Great to hear the Kagawa deal is done and dusted,looking forward to seen him play,

:D:D

Marca saying Diarra,Gago,Altintop & Carvahlio could be let go on free transfers just to get them off the wage bill.

• Advertisement

If Gago is going free I'd have to take him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement