Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Feck it Fergie,get Katie Taylor in though 45 milliers would hardly buy her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

dahat wrote: »

She's off to Arsenal apparently . Seriously .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Owen_S wrote: »
    Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Is the United IPO taking place tonight / tomorrow?

Given the volume of chat about it when the briefing document came out, I thought that there's be more reference to it here.
    People are too busy watching Katie Taylor to complain about the Glazers.

I wasn't complaining about the Glazers...I was just pointing out that a pretty significant event for the club is happening tomorrow.

As people may recall, it's priced at $16 - $20 a share. Some analysts are predicting a rise to $25 a share. Others are predicting a fall to $10 a share.

That's a valuation range of $1.6b to $4b for the club (current FX rates are $1 to €0.81 and $1 to £0.64).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

gosplan wrote: »
    Defo. As an arsenal fan, we need to start standing up to player power. Fab, nasri, rvp, and now song.

It's impossible for our club to move forward when it's being destabilized by our own best players every summer.

You can't really put a figure on it but I'd say it's worth more than 15 million just to see rvp strengthen man u.

As a United fan who doesn't want to offend or get into an arguement, I would say the best way to stop Arsenal players running down their contracts and leaving for under valued fees is to Spend a bit more money on the squad and win trophies.
    Arsenal is a great club, they play great football, based in London, attractive for foreign players. Yet they will not spend the extra cash needed to challenge the top clubs. This pisses players off.
    I don't think denying a current player a transfer to his reported favoured destination is a good example to be setting for the rest of the squad. Its more likely to rub them up the wrong way. In My Opinion.

I don't think RVP would want to leave if Arsenal actually competed for the best players in the market. In saying all of the above I have to point out that I actually admire Arsenal for their stance on player wages and transfer fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

dahat wrote: »

She can do the team talk...hairdryer + a smack in the face :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I wasn't complaining about the Glazers...I was just pointing out that a pretty significant event for the club is happening tomorrow.

As people may recall, it's priced at $16 - $20 a share. Some analysts are predicting a rise to $25 a share. Others are predicting a fall to $10 a share.

That's a valuation range of $1.6b to $4b for the club (current FX rates are $1 to €0.81 and $1 to £0.64).

Theres nothing to talk about. Its a case of waiting to see how the IPO performs and then discuss the ramifications afterwards.

If it goes perfectly it might peak at $25 per share but it won't close at that tomorrow.

If it closes at $20 per share I'll be amazed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Is Sir Alex Ferguson the one who decides what price we bid for players? I always thought that was the Chief Executive's job. I imagine Fergie says "I would like to sign ______" and off David Gill goes to sign him. Maybe I'm being naive, I'm not sure.

But it pisses me off to see Fergie being blamed for United only bidding £15m for Robin Van Persie, and even more ridiculous to think that this is some ploy by the greatest manager of all time to keep the "fans" off his back.

The attitude in this thread has gone really sour since Moura to PSG was confirmed. I think I read that Paris was a ****hole at one stage. Get a grip and let the man manage his football team. What stuns me is how many people say "You can't believe what you read in the press anymore!" and then start turning on the club and the manager because what they read in the press, it's mind blowing at times.

He has done this on more then few occasions. I can name 8 of top my head. I will name those scenarios if you like?

Not saying its bad thing though because on few occasions it meant he was after another player and surprising bought him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

GSPfan wrote: »
    As a United fan who doesn't want to offend or get into an arguement, I would say the best way to stop Arsenal players running down their contracts and leaving for under valued fees is to Spend a bit more money on the squad and win trophies.
    Arsenal is a great club, they play great football, based in London, attractive for foreign players. Yet they will not spend the extra cash needed to challenge the top clubs. This pisses players off.
    I don't think denying a current player a transfer to his reported favoured destination is a good example to be setting for the rest of the squad. Its more likely to rub them up the wrong way. In My Opinion.

I don't think RVP would want to leave if Arsenal actually competed for the best players in the market. In saying all of the above I have to point out that I actually admire Arsenal for their stance on player wages and transfer fees.

Well we've spent a bit more money and are starting to look more competitive. Whether we win trohpies or not is probably up to City though.

He's our best player though. He's our captain and he made an announcement on his personal website that amounted to a transfer request but wasn't so he doesn't lose any loyalty bonus. We reportedly said go to Juve but he doesn't want that now.

So basically our captain and best player went behind the clubs back to force a transfer but only wants to go to one place whihc we consider competititors.

Personally, I think not giving into this is a very important example for Arsenal to set.

I don't want him humiliated or anything but it's important that Arsenal show that RVP's ambitions to leave, and Fergie's opportunism to get a player he likes on the cheap, are not the only factors here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭billyhead

If true about him only want to play for United I admire him for that but he is definately not the type of player we need so I don't understand why SAF is pursuing him. It was obvious last season that our weaknesses were in central midfield. We have enough attacking talent up front and a rock solid defence with Vidic back so why isn't Fergie looking to strenghten this area:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

She's off to Arsenal apparently . Seriously .

OT I know but that is not quite true.
    Her father wants her to quit boxing and concentrate on football. Arsenal has expressed interest in possibly signing her.
    She herself might want to keep up the boxing. Part of me would love to see her go pro and see how she does. The other side just thinks of the negatives of a long life in boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

KH25 wrote: »
    I don't see the harm in bidding €15million for RVP. It doesn't mean thats the highest offer that United will make.

As an aside, Mourinho said he'll let Kaka go if he gets a good offer. Anybody reckon we might throw in a sneaky bid? I'd much rather Sahin but kaka could do well. He's only 30.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11827/7975376/Mourinho-Kaka-can-leave

He's exactly what we don't need.

What would you pay for a 21 year old Roy Keane right now?

At least £60m in my view.

That's the type of player we need.

If only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Think I saw Evra with an ice pack strapped to his leg at the end of the game? Any news on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nice match compilation of Shinji vs Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Az4WkTlCEAAwnyh.jpg

Gibson?!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Az4WkTlCEAAwnyh.jpg

Gibson?!

They're good mates...makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Nice match compilation of Shinji vs Barca.

Love the skill at 2:57.

Also love that Young's scoop shot made it into that clip. I remember it making me laugh, it pretty much summed up his entire game in one second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Gibson?!

Probably a present from Gibson himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

IrishAm wrote: »
    Probably a present from Gibson himself.

Probably took the photo as well! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

$14 per share regarding the IPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

per share regarding the IPO

Is that good or bad?

per share regarding the IPO

Is that good or bad?

I thought they were expecting 16-20 dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Is that good or bad?

Bad for Glazers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Don't get too hung up on the current share price fellas :)

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Don't get too hung up on the current share price fellas :)

$14 isn't the current price...it's the price that the Glazers got for the shares.

Values the club at a minimum of £1.4b - Its real value has to be well north of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So is Cleverly going to be starting from the get go this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Carrick is 31? Jebus.......

FFS how are we not linked to midfielders..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Carrick is 31? Jebus.......

FFS how are we not linked to midfielders..

He'll still be going strong at 38. There's something in the water at Carrington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

$14 isn't the current price...it's the price that the Glazers got for the shares.

Values the club at a minimum of £1.4b - Its real value has to be well north of that.

Ahh, apologies, misread what was being said, had it in my head it was a forecast!

Roughly 1.5b is short of what they would have wanted the club valued at but with the offering given, and the memory of Facebook still fresh it isnt too bad I suppose.

Should add, just in case, its valuing the club at $2.33billion so roughly £1.49billion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He'll still be going strong at 38. There's something in the water at Carrington.

Cocaine I think it is. Oh no wait, I meant fluoride. Yeah that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fcik Luca moura and paul pogba and the glazers. theyre all whors the lot of em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

baz2009 wrote: »
    Fcik Luca moura and paul pogba and the glazers. theyre all whors the lot of em

Few jars there Baz? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Few jars there Baz? :pac:

maybzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

From the games I've seen, Rafael has played brilliantly during the Olympics, got a goal too I believe. Gonna get himself a gold medal Saturday. :)

Hope to god hes first choice this coming season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I didn't see the Barca game but am I right in saying that Kagawa and Rooney haven't played together on the preseason yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so the IPO is of even less use to United than we thought it was going to be. awesome. But at least the Glazers got paid. parasites.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't jump the gun yet lads.

The price has been revised to $14 per share prior to launch.

Could get a whole lot worst yet once trading begins! :pac:

From the games I've seen, Rafael has played brilliantly during the Olympics, got a goal too I believe. Gonna get himself a gold medal Saturday. :)

Cool sig,pure jealous here...........

• Advertisement

Could the juventus managers matchfixing fan keep RVP away from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Could the juventus managers matchfixing fan keep RVP away from them?

possibly, but reports in Italy are already saying RVP has told Juve he isn't interested in moving to them anymore - only wants the United move

Worst case would we take RVP on a free next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭KH25

Wouldn't be surprised if he Kenyon'd the deal.

I'd trust Gill a bit more than that. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I didn't see the Barca game but am I right in saying that Kagawa and Rooney haven't played together on the preseason yet?

They didn't play together at all against Barca, since Kagawa came on at half time for Rooney. I have a feeling in the previous game, they weren't on the pitch together much either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Should be playing.

I think his performance against Munich was sensational where he dominated Ribery the whole game. His sending off showed a bit of immaturity but I know after seeing that performance I was confident we had a solid right back.

Happy with him first choice and Smalling and Valencia as cover.
    I think Smalling should hopefully get some rest bite this year. We were forced really to play him excessively last year due to injuries and it is plausible that his body suffered from the step up to PL football.

He is young and has a bright future, there is no problem in having a bit part year to gain more experience and get his body right. The same can be said for Jones aswell. Both were probably going to be used sparingly last year but due to injuries were forced to be pretty much first team players all season.

While they performed well and will have gained massive experience of a title chase so early in their United career, it stands to reason with Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Evans and Fabio, that Smalling and Jones can get a little breather throughout this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out of 50 or so games Smalling only played in 30

jones played in 40.

I didn't realise Smalling missed so much time last season.

TheDoc wrote: »

I think his performance against Munich was sensational where he dominated Ribery the whole game. His sending off showed a bit of immaturity but I know after seeing that performance I was confident we had a solid right back

Football's a great game. You look back fondly at Rafael's performance in that game. Rafael haters cite that game as evidence that he can't be relied upon and that he's a headless chicken.

Unless you're kidding? Hard to tell.

Personnally I consider him "on trial" this season as first choice right back...if he does well, he's there for years...if he doesn't, a replacement should be signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Football's a great game. You look back fondly at Rafael's performance in that game. Rafael haters cite that game as evidence that he can't be relied upon and that he's a headless chicken.

Unless you're kidding? Hard to tell.

Personnally I consider him "on trial" this season as first choice right back...if he does well, he's there for years...if he doesn't, a replacement should be signed.

His problem was always injuries, he had few bad games but when you consider all the games he has played then good games outnumbers bad ones by some margin.

I always believed Rafael should be our first choice and he should be. He has improved defensively, and makes very good overlapping runs.

Only concern is injuries, if not for injuries he would have been our first choice RB last season or even before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rafael is surely a must at right back. Hes a super little player. I`d have him as a regular starter every day of the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement