Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't think its been mentioned yet, Kagawa has been called up for Japan's friendly with Venezuela on August 15th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

TheTownie wrote: »
    Don't think its been mentioned yet, Kagawa has been called up for Japan's friendly with Venezuela on August 15th.

****. Thank god our match is on the 20th. If it was on the Saturday I doubt he'd make it back in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

marcwebber ‏@marcwebber
    12 million Manchester United shares traded in first 20 mins at NYSE -price up 7 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Have feeling we are going to have surprise signing by end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Peter Crouch??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Usain Bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Gill: “We’ll spend proceeds on talent, but would never be so arrogant as to guarantee a championship.”

“Sir Alex was clear on Van Persie interest. We would not make up a story. We are aiming to bring a few players in soon.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

The Glazer's react to "earning" more millions from United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bullvine wrote: »
    Peter Crouch??
    Felexicon wrote: »
    Usain Bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah

Wait and see I guess:p

• Advertisement

Apparently David Gill will be speaking on Sky News at 3.30, if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blatter wrote: »
    marcwebber ‏@marcwebber
    12 million Manchester United shares traded in first 20 mins at NYSE -price up 7 cents

Goodbye debt. Hello Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Interesting Gill says they're looking at a few players. Assuming he's being truthful(which I really hope), I wonder who the other 2 are after RVP. A full back most likely but I pray to god the other is a CM. I'd be delighted with just about any bit of movement at this stage. Still can't see any more than one move in, hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

J. Marston wrote: »
    Blatter wrote: »
    marcwebber ‏@marcwebber

Goodbye debt. Hello Messi.

Back to $14.03 now. Useful site to see changes in price:

http://www.nyse.com/about/listed/lcddata.html?ticker=manu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

shrewdness wrote: »
    Interesting Gill says they're looking at a few players. Assuming he's being truthful(which I really hope), I wonder who the other 2 are after RVP. A full back most likely but I pray to god the other is a CM. I'd be delighted with just about any bit of movement at this stage. Still can't see any more than one move in, hope I'm wrong.

If we signed Van Persie, Sahin and Baines I'd be one happy camper...Gill on now

Summary of Gill interview:

- A growth company

- A great club

- 50% of proceeds being used to pay down debt

- The level of debt hasn't affected the team at all

- Gill comfortable with the levels of debt

- Chevrolet deal more than twice the size of the Aon deal

- We lost the title in the last minute on goal difference so there's no need to panic

- The Glazers, Gill and Fergie are of the view that United has the resources that it needs

- The executive bonus scheme hasn't been finalised and Gill is unsure whether he'll benefit although it'd be normal for someone in his role to do so

- Gill won't discuss individual transfer situations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Jame Gumb wrote: »

- A growth company

- A great club

- We lost the title in the last minute on goal difference so there's no need to panic

- The Glazers, Gill and Fergie are of the view that United has the resources that it needs

- The executive bonus scheme hasn't been finalised and Gill is unsure whether he'll benefit although it'd be normal for someone in his role to do so

Surely that isn't correct? Thought it was only about 70 million out of about 330 (230 million now as lower stock price) million

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Kagawa, Powell, a striker, a midfielder and a full back would be an amazing summer. Up there with with Tevez, Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson one (well for what it appeared to be the time).

I hate those type of interviews where Gill or SAF give us hope about a number of signings possibly on the way!

s_carnage wrote: »

- A growth company

- A great club

Surely that isn't correct? Thought it was only about 70 million out of about 330 (230 million now as lower stock price) million

It's definitely what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/10/man-united-submit-23-5m-bid-for-quality-box-to-box-midfielder/

Portuguese source 'O Jogo' claims we have put in a €30m for Axel Witsel. Can anyone say if they are at all reliable? Would love Axel at the club, he is a top young CM, and the beauty of it is, he is actually a CM.

Obviously caughtoffside is a pile of dirt, but they have a source for this one.

It is doing the rounds on Twitter, cannot find the source.

I think we will probably see and or hear of alot of bids in the next few days. Bids don't mean signings, just means options.

I'd hope not to see any panic buys for the sake of pleasing the ****ebags banging on at Fergie over signings. He has never capitulated before and I don't expect it now, but I'd hate for him to feel pressure to spend big just for the sake of it.

If there is nothing to really improve the squad, I'd rather the cash be saved and then revisit come next summer with a larger budget.............

Or buy Strootman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

It's definitely what he said.

After the fees and penalties etc are factored in it will only be about 75m from the 50% that gets taken from the actual debt. That's my understanding anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also dont forget, the IPO stated that expected transfer expenditure would be between £40-50m on top of the current purchases.

That probably equates to the £25 and £20m estimates they put on Moura and RVP.
    So assuming RVP lands for between £20-25m , Fergie still has £30-25m to splash.

The IPO also stated that based on a certain scenario, expected expenditure could rise above this figure.

So without doubt we have money to spend, its just about spending it wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

can we buy shares? be deadly to own just a share

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

s_carnage wrote: »

230M is the total figure.

I read an article that said there are technically two lots of shares being floated today. Half the shares are owned by the Glazers and half by Utd. So obviously the Glazers will pocket their half and the other half will be split between debt repayment and transfer money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I have a terrible feeling all this transfer pisturing was just to play up for the ipo. Its not like them to be so public about this . Its a very fortunatly timed change in the publication of their transfer business.
    Im awaiting the next few days to see iif they go back to being quiet until the transfer is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Supposedly Wolves turned down a 9 million pound bid from West Ham for Matt Jarvis.

Amazing how we paid a mere 3 million more for Shinji when compared to this. I know he's English but still that's outrageous money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is it not closer to £17m you paid for Kagawa?

the point still stands that English players are painfully overpriced, but there's no need to prune the Kagawa transfer fee!

SlickRic wrote: »
    is it not closer to £17m you paid for Kagawa?

the point still stands that English players are painfully overpriced, but there's no need to prune the Kagawa transfer fee!

12m initial fee with 5m add-ons afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Did that samich lad close his account?

Yeah, thank God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reports that Gill is to hold talks with Arsenal this weekend over the RVP transfer.Hopefully this will be done & dusted so we can concentrate on getting a midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

zerks wrote: »
    Reports that Gill is to hold talks with Arsenal this weekend over the RVP transfer.Hopefully this will be done & dusted so we can concentrate on getting a midfielder.

we are not going to get a midfielder - i just can't see it happening.

Fergie will stick with Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Cleverley - with Jones, Tunnicliffe and Petrucci as well. Maybe Fletcher too.

In terms of numbers we are stocked - though I do believe there are issues with too many of them; Carrick is the only one I really trust.

At best we get RVP and a left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Berba has a video of Wooton and Brady up on his Facebook singing "Ain't no Sunshine" as their initiation into the squad.

Even Scholesy is laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jamc wrote: »
    Berba has a video of Wooton and Brady up on his Facebook singing "Ain't no Sunshine" as their initiation into the squad.

scholes is meant to be a right good laugh - we just don't see it as he hates the limelight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fergie will stick with Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Cleverley - with Jones, Tunnicliffe and Petrucci as well. Maybe Fletcher too.

In terms of numbers we are stocked - though I do believe there are issues with too many of them; Carrick is the only one I really trust.

It looks like we are 'Stocked' in every position except left back.

A lot of potential in each position as well so that is exciting.

Kagawa and Powell were good signings and the type of players i expected to come in, the rest of the targets are odd in their own ways.

Hazard/Moura were peculiar transfer targets as they play in an area that really is stocked good players already.

The RVP chase seems based on the chance to sign a quality player that appeared on the market all of a sudden. The quality would be great to have but its still a surprising target. Hopefully a midfielder comes along in the same way the RVP chase materialised, its the only way I see a midfield player possibly coming in this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

zerks wrote: »

Please please please please.

I know he's a luxury purchase but seeing his name in our line-up makes me horny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Please please please please.

I know he's a luxury purchase but seeing his name in our line-up makes me horny!

Jaysus lad, you need to get out a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You offering? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Got a link?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm holding off buying a jersey right now till I see if RVP signs. Day I see him with a shirt, I'll be ordering one myself with his name on the back :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mortified :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

yabadabado wrote: »
    Got a link?

Should be able to get it here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=186671071466438

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You'd know all about being horny anyway with a name like that :P.

Funniest transfer rumour of the day...

UK_TransferNews ‏@UK_TransferNews
    Manchester United will offer £19.5m plus Danny Welbeck on a one year loan for Dutch striker Robin Van Persie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I wonder will the share price be affected by how united spend and win . Or will it be mostly affected by how they do businesswise.
    Will there be a direct fall in value once the no value in the market speech is given .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

cloptrop wrote: »
    I wonder will the share price be affected by how united spend and win . Or will it be mostly affected by how they do businesswise.
    Will there be a direct fall in value once the no value in the market speech is given .

Both are connected, terrible results will lead to less money from sponsors Which will lead to less money to spend in players, a very vicious circle and one if united get into I can see us mirroring liverpools fall unless a wealthy benefactor takes over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Even then do you really trust him? Never mind a wet night in Stoke-it's the warm nights on the Continent that scare him.He needs help in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm holding off buying a jersey right now till I see if RVP signs. Day I see him with a shirt, I'll be ordering one myself with his name on the back :P

same as myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It strikes me that although we don't need RVP, he'll shift a fair few shirts anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It strikes me that although we don't need RVP, he'll shift a fair few shirts anyway...

Genius.

Spend 20mil on a player and hope to make a profit on shirt sales.

Sure isn't that the only reason Kagawa is even on the team!

Keno 92 wrote: »

Genius.

Spend 20mil on a player and hope to make a profit on shirt sales.

Sure isn't that the only reason Kagawa is even on the team!

Yeah, Mike Phelan's cousin's neighbour's godson told my brother that once it became clear that Park was to be sold, Fergie was ordered by the Glazers to sign the best player from the Far East that he could find.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement