Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol, he was pretty terrible today

So were most of them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Rafael is a good player. The over reaction is loltastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol, he was pretty terrible today

LOL???? Why LOL???? Bloody hell.

Edit - ya know what, i read your post without reading what you quoted. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭macslash

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So were most of them .

Wouldn't disagree there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

raf is young and with a bit more experience can be top notch.There isn't another RB in the same age group I would take over him atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

The only problem that Rafael has is that he always looks likes hes gonna be sent off, especially in the big games. If hes a little less reckless, I think he'll be perfect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Don't know if this is confirmed...

Lindegaard, Evra, Vidic, Carrick, M Keane, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Kagawa, Rooney & Chicharito.

Looks like 442.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't know if this is confirmed...

Lindegaard, Evra, Vidic, Carrick, M Keane, Nani, Young, Cleverley, Kagawa, Rooney & Chicharito.

Looks like 442.

Kag in CM so if thats the line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Be nice if we scored couple of Goals tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I don't care who is playing so long as there is goals.....please let there be some goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Another factor that endears fans to Rafael is his commitment and love for Man Utd, theres a few players whose commitment could be questioned. Alot of modern players are motivated by money and fame but everytime Rafael steps on the field he gives it his all. He was criticised today for standing upto Juan when he clearly made a mistake but it was a measure of his desire and determination.

Rafael-da-Silva-v-Carlos--006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Diouf as an analyst on MUTV. Quality!

Ha, the guy on MUTV is calling Diouf by his first name and it sounds like mum.

SAF still on "club business"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

tvercetti wrote: »
    Another factor that endears fans to Rafael is his commitment and love for Man Utd, theres a few players whose commitment could be questioned. Alot of modern players are motivated by money and fame but everytime Rafael steps on the field he gives it his all. He was criticised today for standing upto Juan when he clearly made a mistake but it was a measure of his desire and determination.

Its a measure of a player being irresponsible and unable to take criticisim. He gave away the ball trying a silly back heel and then gave away a free kick chasing down his man. This was in the last ten minutes when Brazil were two goals down and needed to be attacking.

Him standing up to Tevez is a different story, Tevez was an opponent. Squaring off to one of your teams centre backs after you have made a mistake and gotten an earful from him is not to be applauded. He should have said "ok that wasn't good from me" and let it go, instead he got into verbals with another member of the back four. The defense is supposed to work together and communicate. He looked like a bit of a knob tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Recipe please?

Ah please just call it a stream,I've a pain in my hole reading about omelettes and recipes and cooking and all that crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,448 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its a measure of a player being irresponsible and unable to take criticisim. He gave away the ball trying a silly back heel and then gave away a free kick chasing down his man. This was in the last ten minutes when Brazil were two goals down and needed to be attacking.

Him standing up to Tevez is a different story, Tevez was an opponent. Squaring off to one of your teams centre backs after you have made a mistake and gotten an earful from him is not to be applauded. He should have said "ok that wasn't good from me" and let it go, instead he got into verbals with another member of the back four. The defense is supposed to work together and communicate. He looked like a bit of a knob tbh.

Unable to take criticism? Really? Juan wasn't doing some sort of captains job - he was balling the lad out of it aggressively. Juan was just as stupid in that situation as Raf was.

Raf was stupid for trying the flick, but both his and Juans reactions were stupid, not just Raf's.

Curious to see Cleverley and Kagawa together, and Rooney... and Nani and Young.

Pretty much everyone really.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Just a thought, everytime here and other threads you get people asking for recipes and omelettes etc...Can we just create a Private thread Ala- Jong Il-Gwan and post them in there?

Are we allowed do this? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone with a iPad recipe.

double GG wrote: »
    Just a thought, everytime here and other threads you get people asking for recipes and omelettes etc...Can we just create a Private thread Ala- Jong Il-Gwan and post them in there?

Are we allowed do this? :confused:
    I think that idea was already suggested and knocked back.
    There's no law in asking for a stream afaik.
    Just not allowed post the URL,hence the irrelevance of omelettes and recipes.

Get LOF or FSS for the season lads

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

+1.

Or try using google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

tvercetti wrote: »

please stop making excuses for him.

Shinji playing awful deep. :(

I second that,well worth the money,especially if you own a PS3 or AppleTV or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I think that idea was already suggested and knocked back.
    There's no law in asking for a stream afaik.
    Just not allowed post the URL,hence the irrelevance of omelettes and recipes.

Thing is, in some forums mods hand out bans for requesting streams, so you would want to find out what the stance is here for sure.

kryogen wrote: »
    Thing is, in some forums mods hand out bans for requesting streams, so you would want to find out what the stance is here for sure.
    Really?
    It's not in the charter here or the copyright policy thing either.
    we will no longer be allowing links to streams of copyrighted or licenced content such as sports events. Youtube videos are not affected as YouTube has revenue sharing arrangements in place with copyright holders and they monitor these things themselves.

• Advertisement

Good chance for Vidic there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Vidic making us look dangerous from corners again.

Rooney looks a bit like Dermot from Republic of Telly these days

Decent start for us. Great passing and generally comfortable, need more oomph though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I wasn't trying to justify his response, I was pointing out just how passionate he is for the cause, his outburst was a measure of how angry he was with himself, he was in the wrong and he knew it.

Kagawa playing very deep :(

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Really?
    It's not in the charter here or the copyright policy thing either.

Yep, its a discretion thing, people constantly asking for links = more chance of links being posted I guess, as I said, I would just check it out with the mods here on what their policy is.

In fairness this was a good opportunity to play Kag in a two man midfield to see what happens

Did he say Ashley Cole???

• Advertisement

Kagawa really is a good passer of the ball, done well so far!

Great ball, great block

Jesus Christ

Wtf

What a miss!!!!

Had to score there

• Advertisement

HOW THE HELL DID THAT STAY OUT>>??????????????????

Bloody hell!

double GG wrote: »
    Did he say Ashley Cole???

yep

Is there a law against United scoring?

Keane is a deer in headlights in front of goal!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement