Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The problem is people just keep posting stuff from random bullshít accounts here.
    "it's probably a load of bollox but........."
    "never heard of this lad but..........."
    "he's only got 3 followers but........."

It's annoying and it's not news.
    I can't wait until the transfer window closes tbh.
    I mean.....agent123,ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

cambo2008 wrote: »
    The problem is people just keep posting stuff from random bullshít accounts here.
    "it's probably a load of bollox but........."
    "never heard of this lad but..........."
    "he's only got 3 followers but........."

It's annoying and it's not news.
    I can't wait until the transfer window closes tbh.
    I mean.....agent123,ffs.

At the same time its part and parcel of the buzz of the transfer window, discussing the rubbish rumours and the likes.

Yeah, ideally there would be no conjecture, we would just all sit around waiting for the new season and welcome the new signings as the club announces them, but ,that is never going to happen.

It is also worth noting that those who are saying " bull****" accounts and all that jazz, most likely don't have an iota of what are the good accounts against the bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TheDoc wrote: »
    The problem being that all "reputable" news sources, now pull alot of information from Twitter, or their own staff post on Twitter themselves.....

Do a search for "reputable football twitter accounts" and if you are interested be able to grab all the good accounts that are usually spot on.

I have not bought a paper for transfer natter in about 2 years, and I won't ever buy one again. Especially considering alot of the rags when they mention "source" are referring to a number of the twitter accounts you will find during you search.

If you put the time into weeding out the **** and following the good accounts, you will get all the accurate stuff before anywhere else.

Kinda cringy the way a lot of people on here relate to Twitter, especially since they are acting like the type of people that thought it was invented last year. Granted most people use it for simply following "celebs", I've been using Twitter extensively for the last 5 years and it is an incredibly powerful tool to gather information about topics/subjects that you like.
    As I've already said, I agree that it could be a powerful tool. For the most part it isn't. Instead of me spending my time weeding out the unholy amount of ****e on there, I can turn on the BBC or click on the Guardian website and find out a deal is done 30 mins after it has been announced on Twitter.

But then, I know it's guaranteed and I have to do very little work for my news. And I couldn't give a **** if it takes 30 mins to get my news.

I've no problem with the reputable journalists. It's the endless stream of nobodies who claim to know such and such that bothers me. Then some other no-life gimp picks it up and before long it's a massive circle-jerk originating from some bloke who spends most of his days **** into a sock in his parents' box room.

In fact, I think it's just transfer news in general that pisses me off. if they sign, they sign, if they don't, they don't. Knowing it may or may not happen a couple of days in advance is immaterial.

As I've already said, I agree that it could be a powerful tool. For the most part it isn't. Instead of me spending my time weeding out the unholy amount of ****e on there, I can turn on the BBC or click on the Guardian website and find out a deal is done 30 mins after it has been announced on Twitter.

But then, I know it's guaranteed and I have to do very little work for my news. And I couldn't give a **** if it takes 30 mins to get my news.

I've no problem with the reputable journalists. It's the endless stream of nobodies who claim to know such and such that bothers me. Then some other no-life gimp picks it up and before long it's a massive circle-jerk originating from some bloke who spends most of his days **** into a sock in his parents' box room.

In fact, I think it's just transfer news in general that pisses me off. if they sign, they sign, if they don't, they don't. Knowing it may or may not happen a couple of days in advance is immaterial.

That is a fair point. I don't F5 Twitter hoping to find information "first", I just tend to dislike the broadstroke "rubbish" comments Twitter gets.

I still have the "it's done when SSN says so" cause the odd time you can get burnt pushing some stuff from the internet, but at the same time, alot of stuff can be sourced from the internet AGEs before anyone else picks it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That is a fair point. I don't F5 Twitter hoping to find information "first", I just tend to dislike the broadstroke "rubbish" comments Twitter gets.

I still have the "it's done when SSN says so" cause the odd time you can get burnt pushing some stuff from the internet, but at the same time, alot of stuff can be sourced from the internet AGEs before anyone else picks it up.

hahahahahhaa

It's done when the player appears in a picture with a team scarf and the manager with an awkward arm around him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Des wrote: »
    hahahahahhaa

It's done when the player appears in a picture with a team scarf and the manager with an awkward arm around him
    On SSN.

On SSN.

SSN call stupid shít before it's "done"

BBC is where I'd be looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SSN call stupid shít before it's "done"

BBC is where I'd be looking.

Really ? i believe nothing until i see it in the Times of London (printed edition obbviously) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

hahahahahhaa

Or some times not even until they actually lineup for the team. Robben and Mikel come to mind

mikelmanutd_468x341.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Always seems to be such negativity with Twitter.

If you know the accounts to be looking at, and which ones to ignore, you can get some pretty accurate transfer information first, from source.

ya the problem isnt twitter, its the people who use it and the clowns who believe them then giving them publicity.

theres about 10-15 decent journalists on there and another 10-15 really clued in united fans who i use on here for any united related news. the news are just spoofers and normally fans of other clubs just looking for a cheap thrill

did anybody see that pic of RVP signing autographs yesterday with Fergie in the background? i saw it while on my phone yesterday but cant find it today....was it outed as a fake i wonder?

the stance on rvp is the same - united want, player wants, arsenal board willing to sell, wenger refusing to budge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Pro. F wrote: »
    It's fanciful to say that Fletcher could contribute this season for starters. Not buying a CM because Fletcher might make a complete recovery this season would be a shocking decision.

If it was somehow the case that it was absolutely impossible to let any of the CMs go (say because of some hypothetical contract trap we were in with all of them), that still wouldn't mean that we couldn't buy another CM if the wage and transfer budgets allowed.

You talk about squad balance but CM is the weakest part of the squad other than left back. If we have some players that are useless to the team (Fletcher) or next to useless as CMs (Giggs) and for some reason we can't ship them out, then it doesn't help keep the squad balanced by not buying in better CMs.

CMs who can't play or aren't near good enough have zero effect on squad balance. They might as well be any position if they aren't going to help the team in CM.

We aren't going to agree about Giggs I think. But on the wider issue of saying you can't ditch a player who is contributing, I would say you can if you feel you have to. There's no need to buy in an expensive unknown. Buy in proven quality at good price and then it's not an issue if you choose to move on a player who has been contributing a bit but not enough.

Fair enough. You think Fergie is making a mistake, I don't necessarily agree. We both agree that a new CM would be awesome, but it isn't likely to happen this summer. I don't think we're going to get any closer to agreement than that. ;)

ya the problem isnt twitter, its the people who use it and the clowns who believe them then giving them publicity.

theres about 10-15 decent journalists on there and another 10-15 really clued in united fans who i use on here for any united related news. the news are just spoofers and normally fans of other clubs just looking for a cheap thrill

did anybody see that pic of RVP signing autographs yesterday with Fergie in the background? i saw it while on my phone yesterday but cant find it today....was it outed as a fake i wonder?

the stance on rvp is the same - united want, player wants, arsenal board willing to sell, wenger refusing to budge.

I saw the pic but didn't read anything about it being fake etc. I would assume it is, as RVP is in Germany no?

With reports suggesting RVP has turned down Juventus, before their coach received a 10 month ban, and his rep's then contacted Juve to finalise their refusal after the court ruling I think it remains strong he's only option is United.

I don't think there is anything with City, could be surprises yet.

Arsenal would be silly to keep him on out of spite for him to move on a free next year, where he would probably go to United anyway, so why not blag money for him. The problem here is Arsenal over estimated their options.

The reality is that he is in his late twenties with a horrendous injury record and has had one prolific season. While there is no question about his ability or talent, there is major questions over his fitness and ability to play 30+ games a season. Hence why I don't think you see many more teams in for him.

If Arsenal were smart, they would realise that whilst they are selling to a rival, they are selling to a different type of rival. While Arsenal should well have expectations of a title challenge, third place looks more grounded, and selling RVP to United would be less damaging then say, Totenham, who bare their rival, are a major threat to their CL spot aspirations.

If RVP doesn't sign for us, he most likely will sign a new contract with Arsenal, which while disappointing in that I think he would do well for us, is a better outcome then him singing for City.

I'm also, on a side note, extremely jubilant at the lack of City activity, the bang of desperation signing Rodwell, and what appears more inhouse grumblings before the season kicks off between Mancini and those working behind/over him dealing with transfers.

I guess the question is can City hit another gear from last year? I think they can do better, not overly better, make 3 points better. We however can do much better, already look stronger then last season, and with the dissapointment and experience gained I think we can very much kick on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Not sure if someone responded to this.

SAF had a serious bout of fatigue earlier in July. Club doctor told him hes travelling too much, and that he can't fly as frequently as he used to.

So assuming these recent matches are away abroad, he most likely isn't travelling due to health.

He is not sick, just at this age he cannot be flying that regularly.

Just on this Doc.

I would have believed it was for health reasons, BUT, MUTV made a point of saying Club business, both in the build up to the game and many times during the game.

Surely if it was health reasons, they would have just said health reasons.

I mean he was fit enough to be at the Barca game after all :)

I'm sure another 2 hour flight wouldn't have been too much for him.

This day next week we'll be debating what XI will start the Everton game, so providing fitness, I'd like to see something along the lines of this

De Gea
    Raf---Rio---Vida---Evra
    ----Clev
    Carrick--
    Val
    Kag
    Nani
    Rooney

Wishful thinking, but would be nice.

He mentioned it himself during an interview there before their first trip. I'm just saying when SAF doesn't fly it can be he is simply chilling :)

EDIT * Found the article, was in May*
    Fergie was rushed to hospital in May when he suffered a persistent nose bleed at an event in Glasgow.
    And he admitted: “We are all vulnerable to age aren’t we?

“There’s no question. It does not come without penalties.”

It was a sign that even he has to start taking things a bit easier.

He revealed: “I just took too many flights that week — seven of them.

“It was a bit silly to be flying as much as I did. Belfast, Berlin, Glasgow to Manchester, back to Belfast, it was seven flights in seven days. Maybe that was a way of telling me to slow down a bit in terms of travelling.”

BTW, for anyone who didnt see it I found the RVP/ SAF pic. In this size its clearly fake, saw it on Twitter small print last night

Funny though ahah

A0HVpA9CUAARWkn.jpg

Brazil FA blame Rafael for defeat to Mexico

(Reuters) - A day after Brazil lost the Olympic soccer final to Mexico, the country's soccer playing authorities took the unusual step of singling out full back Rafael for his part in the defeat.

A loose pass from the Manchester United defender led to Mexico's first goal after just 29 seconds. Brazil struggled to bounce back from the early blow and conceded a second goal in 74 minutes.

Porto striker Hulk pulled one back in injury time but it was not enough for Brazil who have won the World Cup five times but never the Olympic gold.

The Brazilian Football Confederation on Sunday singled out 21-year old Rafael for criticism on its web site, saying:

"Right back Rafael knows he made a mistake that led to the first Mexican goal in the Olympic football final in the London 2012 Games.

"There's no denying it. Nevertheless, with his skill and determination, the young No. 2 can't be tainted by the error."

"Mistakes are for correcting. Rafael knows that. Later, when things have calmed down, he will surely look at the move and learn from it. At the end of the day, as the saying goes, to err is human and we learn from our mistakes."

The criticism from officials contrasts with that of players and coaches, most of whom defended the youngster.

Coach Mano Menezes pointed out that Brazil had 89 minutes to level the match and could not, while forward Neymar said every player, including himself, shared responsibility for the defeat.

What a crock of horse****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

That is a disgrace from the Brazil FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

that wont help his confidence for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Damning IPO analysis here:

http://www.privco.com/manchester-united-ipo-alert-privco-calculates-manchester-united-fair-value-at-just-497-share-teams-14-share-ipo-price-overvalued-by-281-manu-could-fall-by-over-64-within-a-year-to-hit-reach-financial-valuation
    • Lead Underwriters Jefferies & Co, Others Forced to Buy Millions of $ in MANU Shares on Friday Using $14 "Stabilizing Bid" To Avoid Embarrassing 1st-Day Closing Below IPO Price; PrivCo IPO Data Shows Use of Stabilizing Bids' Empirically Signal Signal Material Price Plunge Due to Initial IPO Significant Overpricing
    • Manchester IPO's over-pricing by some 280% had no reasonable economic basis, as company's and banker's counting on a "retail investor put" in light of the team's large fan base to place a floor under stock's price failed to materialize, as "Facebook Effect" causes consumers to grow wary after suffering repeated losses on retail-investor targeted IPOs with unrealistic valuations, PrivCo's research concludes
    • PrivCo Study of Sports-Teams' Historical Post-IPO Performance Data Released Today Concludes Sports Teams' Have Consistently Made Poor IPO Investments

Although, I don't think it is fair to compare us with some of those sports teams, as we clearly have better potential revenue streams / are a better run club financially if we didnt have the debt (obviously).

It is worrying that we are severely overvalued by the owners and required a "Stabilizing Bid" to stop the prices drop drastically as PrivCo suggests.

might make him consider his international future though, he should tell them to piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

That's very unusual for a governing body isn't it? While I agree with them, it's sure to do Rafael's confidence no favours, and can't see how publicly saying it has any benefit for the Brazilian FA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Brazil FA blame Rafael for defeat to Mexico

(Reuters) - A day after Brazil lost the Olympic soccer final to Mexico, the country's soccer playing authorities took the unusual step of singling out full back Rafael for his part in the defeat.

A loose pass from the Manchester United defender led to Mexico's first goal after just 29 seconds. Brazil struggled to bounce back from the early blow and conceded a second goal in 74 minutes.

Porto striker Hulk pulled one back in injury time but it was not enough for Brazil who have won the World Cup five times but never the Olympic gold.

The Brazilian Football Confederation on Sunday singled out 21-year old Rafael for criticism on its web site, saying:

"Right back Rafael knows he made a mistake that led to the first Mexican goal in the Olympic football final in the London 2012 Games.

"There's no denying it. Nevertheless, with his skill and determination, the young No. 2 can't be tainted by the error."

"Mistakes are for correcting. Rafael knows that. Later, when things have calmed down, he will surely look at the move and learn from it. At the end of the day, as the saying goes, to err is human and we learn from our mistakes."

The criticism from officials contrasts with that of players and coaches, most of whom defended the youngster.

Coach Mano Menezes pointed out that Brazil had 89 minutes to level the match and could not, while forward Neymar said every player, including himself, shared responsibility for the defeat.

That kind of stupid criticismreminds me of Smalling getting criticized for making 1 mistake in the derby last April. He will recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

What a joke. That entire Brazil squad are to blame for losing the final. Raf made some mistakes but he can't be held responsible for their overall performance. He was arguably their best player in every other game of the tournament.

I saw the pic but didn't read anything about it being fake etc. I would assume it is, as RVP is in Germany no?

With reports suggesting RVP has turned down Juventus, before their coach received a 10 month ban, and his rep's then contacted Juve to finalise their refusal after the court ruling I think it remains strong he's only option is United.

I don't think there is anything with City, could be surprises yet.

Arsenal would be silly to keep him on out of spite for him to move on a free next year, where he would probably go to United anyway, so why not blag money for him. The problem here is Arsenal over estimated their options.

The reality is that he is in his late twenties with a horrendous injury record and has had one prolific season. While there is no question about his ability or talent, there is major questions over his fitness and ability to play 30+ games a season. Hence why I don't think you see many more teams in for him.

If Arsenal were smart, they would realise that whilst they are selling to a rival, they are selling to a different type of rival. While Arsenal should well have expectations of a title challenge, third place looks more grounded, and selling RVP to United would be less damaging then say, Totenham, who bare their rival, are a major threat to their CL spot aspirations.

If RVP doesn't sign for us, he most likely will sign a new contract with Arsenal, which while disappointing in that I think he would do well for us, is a better outcome then him singing for City.

Arsenal, know your place, in other words. I really hope we keep him and I think the Gunners are going to provide you with a sterner test than you imagine this season

greendom wrote: »
    Arsenal, know your place, in other words. I really hope we keep him and I think the Gunners are going to provide you with a sterner test than you imagine this season

I think the Gunners will do well this season and I enjoy watching their football, but if you're suggesting they'll mount a title challenge, I don't agree.

That is not at all what I said : / . Arsenal are being billed up as title challengers in some quarters after singing a Domestically troubled striker (Podolski) and a striker who could well fall into the category of "French league strikers that end up muck" ( Giroud).

While it is possible, a more realistic finish is third. I don't see them topping United or City. I just don't see the logic in keeping him to walk out the door for nothing next season.

In terms of Rafael, was as shocked as everyone else when I read that this morning. And even more so with the hate Rafael gets on so many platforms for football discussion.

I genuinely believe that he will grow into our first choice, reliable productive, right back. As I've said before and I will say again, the Bayern performance sold me on Rafael as a quality right back.

I think the Gunners will do well this season and I enjoy watching their football, but if you're suggesting they'll mount a title challenge, I don't agree.

You may well be right but surely our aim should be to go for the title ? If we're giving up already before the season has already started what's the point? Whatever the financial side of it, selling RVP makes Arsenal weaker and makes one of our main rivals stronger so I really can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id have put more blame on the anonymous play maker Oscar who missed a sitter at the end and offered zilch all game then Rafael, sure he messed up but that was in the first 30 seconds. Bollocks from bazilian fa...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

More than likely means nothing, but I'm surprised the media didn't make more of van Persie throwing his shirt and captains armband to the Arsenal supporters after the match yesterday, they're usually all over that kind of stuff.

You may well be right but surely our aim should be to go for the title ? If we're giving up already before the season has already started what's the point? Whatever the financial side of it, selling RVP makes Arsenal weaker and makes one of our main rivals stronger so I really can't see it happening.

I'm not saying that you, the fans, nor the club itself should be giving up already. Of course you should want, hope for or expect a title challenge. But the whole reason that Van Persie is even up for discussion is that he appears to have given up on Arsenal challenging for the title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Id have put more blame on the anonymous play maker Oscar who missed a sitter at the end and offered zilch all game then Rafael, sure he messed up but that was in the first 30 seconds. Bollocks from bazilian fa...

Oscar had another good chance in first half after some quality footwork.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blatter wrote: »
    More than likely means nothing, but I'm surprised the media didn't make more of van Persie throwing his shirt and captains armband to the Arsenal supporters after the match yesterday, they're usually all over that kind of stuff.

I was actually trying to watch out to see if he did that. Most of the time thats a sign a player is going....

I'm not saying that you, the fans, nor the club itself should be giving up already. Of course you should want, hope for or expect a title challenge. But the whole reason that Van Persie is even up for discussion is that he appears to have given up on Arsenal challenging for the title.

The funny thing is that I see United as more of a rival than City. City are on a completely different plane financially and if RVP had gone there I could have understood it though not particularly liked it. United though live with the same financial realities that Arsenal do and that would make it much harder to bare.

As to RVP's motives I believe them to be financially based, whatever he says in his statement.

I was actually trying to watch out to see if he did that. Most of the time thats a sign a player is going....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any clip of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Did they throw it back at him or keep it? Heard that some of them booed him as well.

• Advertisement

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1585935_manchester-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-ready-to-increase-offer-for-robin-van-persie

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson ready to increase offer for Robin van Persie

Sir Alex Ferguson is set to up his bid for Robin van Persie to £20m in an attempt to push through a deal before the start of the season.

The United manager has been at a deadlock with Arsenal over his move for the want-away striker, so far tabling an offer of £15m.

He hoped that would be enough to prise the Dutchman away from the Emirates Stadium given that he is out of contract at the end of the season. But Ferguson is aware that Arsene Wenger does not want to sell to a Premier League rival and would much rather do business with Juventus.

United are still banking on the belief that van Persie has set his heart on a switch to Old Trafford.

They have become frustrated with Arsenal’s negotiating tactics this summer, but believe an increased bid of £20m will be enough to convince them to sell.

The stand off has provided a fresh twist to one of the Premier League’s most enduring rivalries.

Ferguson and Wenger have clashed numerous times when United and Arsenal have battled it out for major honours, with the infamous ‘Pizzagate’ incident their most fiery altercation.

But out of that rivalry has grown a camaraderie in recent years as the intensity of their feud has calmed. That truce has looked fragile at times this summer as a result of Wenger’s reluctance to do business with United.

Ferguson was first angered when accusing Arsenal of releasing details of United’s initial bid for van Persie. And his frustration was close to boiling point last week when describing the difficulties of negotiating with the London club.

It appears that Arsenal are waiting for a mega offer from United before they will countenance letting their prize asset head to Old Trafford.

Ferguson is already prepared to break his self-imposed policy of not signing players over 28 in lodging a bid for the 29-year-old van Persie. He believes £15m is a fair price for a player who will be available for nothing in 12 months.

He would be willing to up that £20m, despite the fact that last season’s double footballer of the year will have little to no sell-on value. But it is highly unlikely he will exceed that figure – even for his top target.

Ferguson has been armed with cash to rebuild last year’s Premier League runners up, but he has already proven he won’t be held to ransom after baulking at the £35m Paris St Germain paid for another of his targets, Brazilian starlet Lucas Moura.

He may have to hope that van Persie himself pushes for a move to United having already informed Arsenal that he will not sign a new deal.

It is understood that Juventus have already been made aware that Old Trafford is his preferred destination and that United are leading the chase for his signature, despite interest from champions City as well.

Neither United nor Arsenal will want to see the biggest transfer saga of the summer drag on into the new season, which kicks off this weekend.

Ferguson has already faced disappointments in his pursuit of Eden Hazard and Moura – and he is determined to make van Persie his marquee signing.

He is also reassessing his targets following Moura’s last-minute switch to PSG when United thought they had secured a deal. Malaga winger Isco is one player who has crossed Ferguson’s radar, along with Colombian James Rodriguez.

Ferguson has made reinforcing his attack a priority since missing out on the title by goal difference. Shinji Kagawa has been recruited from Borussia Dortmund to play behind the striker, while his pursuits of Hazard, Moura and van Persie are evidence of his determination to add to his firepower.

But Sir Alex’s attack looked in fine form in his absence against Hannover 96 on Saturday night as United won 4-3 with Wayne Rooney scoring twice. Javier Hernandez and Shinji Kagawa also got on the scoresheet as United came back from 3-1 down.

Assistant Mike Phelan said: “We made a game of it because we gave a couple of sloppy goals away, which we shouldn’t be doing. But credit to the players – they came back, they showed a little bit of spirit at the end and it was a good victory.

“It’s important we score goals. We can’t go into a championship and be struggling finding the net.

“We have progressed in that department, but we have to look at it from the point of view of how disappointing it was to give the goals away in the first place.

“We look a team that can go forward and score goals, but we also look as though we can concede as well, and that’s not good.”

Expect to see this article doing the rounds

Why is he wearing a bra!?

He's wearing one of those vests that every player wears in pre-season. Helps to keep track of your heart rate and how far you've run and things like that.

Any clip of that?

Just above your post
    Did they throw it back at him or keep it? Heard that some of them booed him as well.

Didn't see them throw it back anyway.

I think the booing was from a small section of fans and was overplayed in the media. There's another clip going around showing plenty of Arsenal fans giving him a positive reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ive seen Gareth Bale and numerous others wearing this and have wondered what it was for also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Are they not like a heartrate monitors/gps for distance covered etc?

I seen everyone making a fuss over Ando wearing one on twitter, saying he needed support blah blah blah

nicklauski wrote: »
    Are they not like a heartrate monitors/gps for distance covered etc?

I seen everyone making a fuss over Ando wearing one on twitter, saying he needed support blah blah blah

I remember seeing them on a couple of players last year too, but I never knew what they were for. They really do look a lot like bras.

Ive seen Gareth Bale and numerous others wearing this and have wondered what it was for also

Have a look here.

http://www.catapultsports.com/products/minimax?gclid=CM7zjdis5LECFcFP4QodUDMAkQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Do you mean the same Oscar who together with Neymar, was one of the players that got Brazil to the final in the first place with goals and assists despite a dodgy defence that included Rafael?
    Or the anonymous Lucas that some suckers from France have just paid millions for, sparing Utd the ignomity? :D

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1585935_manchester-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-ready-to-increase-offer-for-robin-van-persie

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson ready to increase offer for Robin van Persie

Expect to see this article doing the rounds

Quotes from Ferguson - 0 :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Rafael should refuse to play for Brazil again.

That press release is a disgrace.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7978957/If-RVP-went-to

The good folk at Football Manager did a test to see how RVP would fare at the clubs he was linked with,

RVP at United

- £25M transfer

- Man United win the league and Champions League and RVP is instrumental in their success - More appearances than anyone else (46) and top team scorer with 24 goals in the Premier League

- Average rating of 7.59

- Rooney and RVP are a deadly partnership together

- RVP second top scorer in PL and Footballer of the Year runner-up

- £21.5M value after 2012/13 season

Id take it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

hope fergie saw that

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

RVD420 wrote: »

It wasn't funny with Hazard, it's not funny now

• Advertisement