Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Has he been accurate with other transfers in the past?
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Very good journalist in my experience.

He would be one of the main guys I'd actually believe on twitter.
    Responds to a lot of questions too.
    Both football and non football alike.
    Seems like a fairly sound chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Miguel Delaney the same guy who said Hazard had signed for us?

Yeah, reliable.

As proven by Rodwell they are all rubbish with no insight into most transfer dealings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Miguel Delaney the same guy who said Hazard had signed for us?

Yeah, reliable.

As proven by Rodwell they are all rubbish with no insight into most transfer dealings.

i think he got the Hazard deal spot on. United believed they had him signed and he was shown around the facilities. i dont recall him ever saying that the deal was done, only for it being close and the two points i just made there.

Hazard would be a united player, were it not for the 6million in agent fees and the 34million transfer deal, which going off what fergie said a few weeks later, is 100% true.

he is the one journalist that i believe everything he says. regarding rodwell, thats one deal that was missed. looking at the previous united transfers, Berba, Young, De Gea, Lindeegaard, Valencia, Kagawa, Powell were all in the press months and months before the deals were done.

coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Miguel Delaney is undoubtedly a good egg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think he top 5 on twitter. Does not say anything outlandish unless he knows it

keane2097 wrote: »
    Miguel Delaney is undoubtedly a good egg.
    I think he top 5 on twitter. Does not say anything outlandish unless he knows it

exactly, so much sense comes from him, yet he gets abused my mindless gobs*its who think that if a player is linked with the club and he doesnt sign tomorrow, that the journalist is full of s*it.

taking aside the guff in the Sun, goalcom and the likes of tribalfootball and a few more, most of the united transfers rumours this summer have been spot on.

kagawa - done deal
    Powell - done deal
    Clyne - signed for southampton i think, giving the impression we pulled out if it
    van persie - confirmed interest by SAF.
    Moura - confirmed interested by SAF.
    Baines - widely accepted that we are interested from the same circles as the ashley young transfer.

that leaves Mouthino, Modric and Dembele. we are never getting modric unless Madrid pull the plug, lets see if the other 2 players move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

£20m for an injury prone 29 year old that we don't need with one year left on his contract is poor value imo. Spend that £20m on Song and United would be a much stronger team.

Pro. F wrote: »
    £20m for an injury prone 29 year old that we don't need with one year left on his contract is poor value imo. Spend that £20m on Song and United would be a much stronger team.

id rather RVP than nobody. its becoming more and more clear at this stage unless fergie is talking through his hoop, that he sees the final 3rd as our problem and not CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pro. F wrote: »

Amen to that. Would love to see Song signing for Utd.

Its bizarre being slightly unhappy at the prospect of RVP signing but the balance of the squad is going to be even more skewed than before. Quality in abundance in the wide areas and up front with the bare bones to pick from in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No idea what were gonna do in real life, but in FIFA 13?

4-1-2-1-2. Kagawa in behind RVP and Rooney.

Game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hopefully its rapped up soon especially with SAF spotted in London today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Hopefully its rapped up soon especially with SAF spotted in London today.

turned out he was with Richard Bevan, Some guy apart of the LMA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Guys, if you knew for a fact that Cleverley and Anderson were going to have a injury free season and perform as well as they are capable, would you still be upset if we didn't sign a CM?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    No idea what were gonna do in real life, but in FIFA 13?

4-1-2-1-2. Kagawa in behind RVP and Rooney.

Game over.

No need for sweaty goals with that line up :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Guys, if you knew for a fact that Cleverley and Anderson were going to have a injury free season and perform as well as they are capable, would you still be upset if we didn't sign a CM?

Yes, I want Anderson sold. He was a disgrace last season. Him getting injured was no real loss imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Man Utd Facebook ‏@MUFC_Facebook
    is a disgrace tht city get all da quality. we wait months n moths for ****ty shinji and they get jack rodwel in 2 days.shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

think id be happy provided they stayed injury free, but as we all know with anderson at least thats not gonna happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Can't see Fergie being involved in the RVP transfer at this stage TBH.

We're pushing an open door with Van Persie himself so what can Fergie do?

This is a job for David Gill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

lordgoat wrote: »
    Yes, I want Anderson sold. He was a disgrace last season. Him getting injured was no real loss imo.

Agree with that, don't rate the guy at all and he's not getting any younger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I wouldn't really mind to be honest. If Carrick got injured though we'd be buggered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

is a disgrace tht city get all da quality. we wait months n moths for ****ty shinji and they get jack rodwel in 2 days.shame

A top red? ;)

SEETHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yep. They still haven't proven they can perform consistently yet, staying fit is just another concern although I'm nearly resigned to us doing no business on that front by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Really? I thought that he was outstanding at the start of the season and developed a decent partnership with Cleverley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Yep. They still haven't proven they can perform consistently yet, staying fit is just another concern although I'm nearly resigned to us doing no business on that front by now.

I agree.

We need a solid CM. Someone that can boss the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

And what exactly made him a disgrace last season. Was it his promising start or his lng term injury.
    He was a huge loss while injured

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

exactly, so much sense comes from him, yet he gets abused my mindless gobs*its who think that if a player is linked with the club and he doesnt sign tomorrow, that the journalist is full of s*it.

@homerjay
    lol. He's made his name ranking the best players in the whole world and following stories other journos started. That doesn't make a good journalist.

Nice dig btw. Have I touched a nerve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

People as stupid as this make my head hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

omg omg RVP! :eek:

I will squeal with delight if it happens!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Agree with that, don't rate the guy at all and he's not getting any younger.

Whatever about you rating him or not - he is only 24. Darron Gibson is older than him!

This is the Pic going round of Fergie in London

http://twitpic.com/aiz8ub

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is Euston Station near anywhere of importance? :P

@homerjay
    lol. He's made his name ranking the best players in the whole world and following stories other journos started. That doesn't make a good journalist.

Nice dig btw. Have I touched a nerve?

nope, i just hate people making up stories about honest people making a living, who happens to be well connected with the club and well respected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

IvySlayer wrote: »
    omg omg RVP! :eek:

I will squeal with delight if it happens!

Did something new happen ?

Is Euston Station near anywhere of importance? :P

4 kilometres from the emirates

This is the Pic going round of Fergie in London

http://twitpic.com/aiz8ub

anything to suggest its a photo from today?

There's a big hospital there as far as i remember. I think some of the last week or so has been to do with health issues and not transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

anything to suggest its a photo from today?

If someone was trying to spoof about a transfer with an old pic of Fergie in London they probably would have used it at some stage with all the deals we've been rumoured to be involved in.

Or maybe he's going home after the olympics?

A disgrace who was the highest rated midfielder above David Silva until he was injured in October? I am highly critical of him and think he has this season to get it right, but he was making progress at the start of last season, it would be very hard to rationally argue against that. As if he is getting injured on purpose like?

The only disgrace is your attitude towards him.

Actually apparently there was Premier League managers meeting or something. Wouldn't it be great if they all started scrapping :D

• Advertisement

A disgrace who was the highest rated midfielder above David Silva until he was injured in October? I am highly critical of him and think he has this season to get it right, but he was making progress at the start of last season, it would be very hard to rationally argue against that. As if he is getting injured on purpose like?

Please.

My attitude comes from being continually disappointed for him since his career began. People spout on about how great he was at the start of last season. He had what 4 5 decent games. Where he did no defending and played on the most part poor teams.

His performances in Europe last season were disgraceful. I've been watching and playing football a long long time and Anderson last season was consistently the worst footballer I've seen in a long long time.

It's his attitude on the pitch not his injuries I have a problem with. He's lazy, he's not great positionally, he often sells plays short with passes he shouldn't make. He's thoroughly over rated by united fans. I'd have him bottom of the current CM options we have.

id rather RVP than nobody. its becoming more and more clear at this stage unless fergie is talking through his hoop, that he sees the final 3rd as our problem and not CM.

Personally I would rather keep the money. I don't think Rooney and RVP is a better combination than Kagawa and Rooney. But that is a very fine judgement call, I wouldn't disregard the argument to the contrary.

Out of interest, would you prefer one central midfielder of your choice (one that is realistically available) or RVP?

Yes because I don't think they should play together - neither is defensively reliable - and I don't think Carrick is good enough as first choice. So one defensively reliable central midfielder who is good enough on the ball is what I would like to see bought.

Plus a left back too, but that's a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If Carrick gets injured we will be in big trouble IMO. Let's say he picks up a bad injur and is out for a few months. What does fergie do then? Nobody in the entire squad is adequate cover for the job Carrick does.

Jones? - not disciplined enough and far too inexperienced there.
    Scholes? - he is my favourite Utd player of all time but he doesn't have the legs.
    Giggs? - he shouldn't play anywhere near the middle anymore, let alone try and protect the back 4
    Anderson? - I just cant see it tbh. I would be very worried seeing him try and stay within that protective box in front of the back 4
    Cleverley? - He is not that type of midfielder and is not experienced enough right now to offer anything near adequate cover there.
    Powell? - just a boy; who knows what Fergie's long term plans are for this lad but cover for Carrick right now is definitely out IMO.
    Fletcher? - I would be shocked to see him in any kind of shape to genuinely contribute.

Please tell me I'm wrong here, but not signing some cover specifically for Carrick before the window closes could be a devastating mistake!

Please.

My attitude comes from being continually disappointed for him since his career began. People spout on about how great he was at the start of last season. He had what 4 5 decent games. Where he did no defending and played on the most part poor teams.

His performances in Europe last season were disgraceful. I've been watching and playing football a long long time and Anderson last season was consistently the worst footballer I've seen in a long long time.

It's his attitude on the pitch not his injuries I have a problem with. He's lazy, he's not great positionally, he often sells plays short with passes he shouldn't make. He's thoroughly over rated by united fans. I'd have him bottom of the current CM options we have.

And I think that is outrageously harsh. Joey Barton is a player I would describe as a disgrace last season. Anderson played really well for 4 or 5 games at the start of last season, then he got injured, upon his return he was poor and never got going. To call him a disgrace is baffling to me.

And I think that is outrageously harsh. Joey Barton is a player I would describe as a disgrace last season. Anderson played really well for 4 or 5 games at the start of last season, then he got injured, upon his return he was poor and never got going. To call him a disgrace is baffling to me.

I'm not just judging him on 4 or 5 good games. Look beyond that. Over the course of the season his impact was minimal. He's meant to be a senior member of the squad. He has no leadership qualities. He's lazy and i'm fed up with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Please.

Ahhh that cheered me up, good lols.
    To call Anderson consistently **** is just hilarious. He was rushed back last season after a bad injury to deal with the crisis In midfield. He wasn't fully fit and got injured again. Much is his determination that he was willing to go out when not fully capable all be it to aid mufc.

Honestly get a grip. Anderson is a top player when he plays it simple god I hope he has a good season to bed his haters

Ahhh that cheered me up, good lols.
    To call Anderson consistently **** is just hilarious. He was rushed back last season after a bad injury to deal with the crisis In midfield. He wasn't fully fit and got injured again. Much is his determination that he was willing to go out when not fully capable all be it to aid mufc.

Honestly get a grip. Anderson is a top player when he plays it simple god I hope he has a good season to bed his haters

lol.

Yep maybe this season it'll be sixth time lucky for him and he'll actually turn up for most of the games he plays in.

If he does, i'll say fair play but up until now he's flattered to deceive imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wouldn't call him a disgrace. That's a bit harsh. But I, too, have grown bored by him now. I have not seen a single thing in his work over previous years that shows this will be his year.

Maybe I'm just tired of that cliche actually; every year starts off as his year, and every year ends with excuses and the hopes he'll come good next year....

Please.

Imo what he does on the ball in the middle of the pitch is fine. Maybe a little over adventurous at times, but not so much that it worries me.

The problem for me is that Anderson is a neither-nor central midfielder. He's not good defensively, he lets opposition players run by him, and he can't shoot to save his life. He has the kind of skill set that makes him a good back-up imo, but not quite enough about him to be first choice.

Added to that I have a strong suspicion that he is just lazy. He seems to tank sometimes in games when fatigue sets in, as opposed to sucking it up and pressing on through the pain. And I find it ridiculous how fat he is when he comes back after his summer holidays. All in all I'd still be happy enough with him as the second choice creative CM if he could just stay injury free.

• Advertisement

A disgrace who was the highest rated midfielder above David Silva until he was injured in October?

Highest rated by who? The deaf dumb and blind association?

Anderson had 4-5 slightly above average performances at the start of last season, no more than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement