Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jame Gumb

Anderson is a top player when he plays

Any plan that relies on Anderson is foolish in my view. His time at United has shown that he cannot be depended upon. We've seen no proof whatsoever of him being a top player.

A few flat track bully performances against cannon fodder teams and bit of dancing when he's (rarely) scored don't make a player.

I neither rate him nor trust him. Lest we forget, he was signed for big money too. To top it all off, I think that he's usually fat and out of shape. I'd strongly question his professionalism and work ethic, both on the pitch and off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Andre marriner will be the referee for the game vs Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Andre marriner will be the referee for the game vs Everton
    aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    The sweet sweet feeling of a post relating to an actual football match, and not a quote from twitter in sight.

ROLL ON MONDAY!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

thesis in on friday

on saturday i will be taking part in the sky sports soccer saturday drinking extravaganza...

Painting_of_Eric_Cantona_by_Bahadraga.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Is that phil neville with beckam?
    They look like they are gay for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm not just judging him on 4 or 5 good games. Look beyond that. Over the course of the season his impact was minimal. He's meant to be a senior member of the squad. He has no leadership qualities. He's lazy and i'm fed up with him.

Join the club, 5 seasons of failure and sick notes. I posted in here before the end of the season, that if Anderson is not shipped out this summer? Then SAF must have lost the plot and/or have early dementia setting. There's still hope yet, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Join the club, 5 seasons of failure and sick notes. I posted in here before the end of the season, that if Anderson is not shipped out this summer? Then SAF must have lost the plot and/or have early dementia setting. There's still hope yet, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anderson will turn out to be good I just don't think he'll get the run in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pretty appalling comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Jesus christ. This is not appropriate. Have some respect not only for SAF but for the elderly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

cloptrop wrote: »
    Is that phil neville with beckam?
    They look like they are gay for each other.

Yeah its Phil alright, Scholesy and Giggs mustn't have made the cut lol. God knows how John Curtis got hmself included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

ceegee wrote: »
    God knows how John Curtis got hmself included

Is that him with Fergie? I could never figure out who he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

ceegee wrote: »
    God knows how John Curtis got hmself included

Is that him with Fergie? I could never figure out who he was.

Yeah had to Google him myself, knew I remembered the face but couldn't place him.

Its a class painting, Cantons bought the original (8ft x 10ft), some yoke to have in the sitting room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

fergie is andersons biggest supporter at OT.

Coaches think he is lazy and not serious enough/focused enough on fulfilling his potential.

This has to be his last chance.

At the moment, even with everything considered, he could second choice after Carrick with everybody (exc Fletch) available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Coaches think he is lazy and not serious enough/focused enough on fulfilling his potential.

At the moment, even with everything considered, he could second choice after Carrick with everybody (exc Fletch) available.

any quotes here?

Ive been lucky enough to have a chat with one of the coaches on more than one occasion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Ive been lucky enough to have a chat with one of the coaches on more than one occasion ;)

And im sure you're name is Jesus and live in the Pentagon:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yeah, me too. They said the opposite and that you are not to be trusted.

See how this game works?

No im being serious. Is there anything to back it up or was it just a random sentence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cichlid child

And im sure you're name is Jesus and live in the Pentagon:pac:
    Dont be silly can you not see his name is chancer

• Advertisement

lol, i know it sounds retarded and people can call bull**** all they want, just saying it as is.

doesnt bother me 1% whether ppl believe it or not.

But ive met him maybe 5 times through a mutual friend, met his whole family, been to his house etc.

doesnt rate anderson one bit.

hated gibson too, said he wouldnt take any of their advice on how to improve his game!

On phone now so can't watch it, Can someone post what is said

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_7955651,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

thesis in on friday

on saturday i will be taking part in the sky sports soccer saturday drinking extravaganza...
    Painting_of_Eric_Cantona_by_Bahadraga.jpg

Is your thesis really on the Cantona painting?

that would be one good thesis!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Nothing new.

Just repeats articles from today that Wenger is adamant he wants RVP to stay and the players he bought have been to strengthen the squad, not replace Van Perise.

Also one line in the corner mentions how there is interest from United in Moutinho, but nothing is said about it, probably just speculation.

lol, i know it sounds retarded and people can call bull**** all they want, just saying it as is.

doesnt bother me 1% whether ppl believe it or not.

But ive met him maybe 5 times through a mutual friend, met his whole family, been to his house etc.

doesnt rate anderson one bit.

hated gibson too, said he wouldnt take any of their advice on how to improve his game!

Oh sorry, i genuinely did think that the response was a joke (the winking smiley often adds to that).

Nothing new.

Just repeats articles from today that Wenger is adamant he wants RVP to stay and the players he bought have been to strengthen the squad, not replace Van Perise.

Also one line in the corner mentions how there is interest from United in Moutinho, but nothing is said about it, probably just speculation.

Thanks mate

moutinho would be a very interesting signing!

Del Piero on a free? the new Larsson!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is that Fergie picture photo shopped I wonder? Sure he could be doing anything in London. Medical appointment, business meetings, drug dealing;). I doubt its anything to do with a potential RVP deal

• Advertisement

Again, why would Fergie be involved at this stage of the transfer?

His presence is likely to make Arsenal
    LESS likely to deal with us and I reckon Fergie only gets involved when a player needs to be "persuaded" to join the club or to give David Gill a steer on whether a player constitutes "value" or not.

Sightings of David Gill in London would be more relevant in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

billyhead wrote: »
    Is that Fergie picture photo shopped I wonder? Sure he could be doing anything in London. Medical appointment, business meetings, drug dealing;). I doubt its anything to do with a potential RVP deal

It was an lma managers get together in london today. They showed all the managers arriving on ssn earlier.

Xabi Alonso supposedly stalling on signing a contract extension and rumoured to be attracting interest from England.

Now he'd strengthen our midfield...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Highest rated by who? The deaf dumb and blind association?

Anderson had 4-5 slightly above average performances at the start of last season, no more than that.

While that comment was absolutely hilarious, I thought I should say it was the ratings from the stats page of Barclay's Premier League official website, going on match ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jame Gumb wrote: »
    Xabi Alonso supposedly stalling on signing a contract extension and rumoured to be attracting interest from England.

Now he'd strengthen our midfield...

he be great buy for few more reasons;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Marco85 wrote: »
    It was an lma managers get together in london today. They showed all the managers arriving on ssn earlier.

A night out with them all sounds fun..Mancini splashing the cash..Fergie trolling everyone..Wenger disappearing when it's his round.

• Advertisement

david moyes as the aggressive drunk!

And Harry Redknapp's dog dishing out investment advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And Harry Redknapp's dog dishing out investment advice...

With a drive-thru setup for Harry himself

he be great buy for few more reasons;)

What a signing he'd be. Cannot believe that Liverpool ever let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LESS likely to deal with us and I reckon Fergie only gets involved when a player needs to be "persuaded" to join the club or to give David Gill a steer on whether a player constitutes "value" or not.

Didnt kagawa say that fergie was highly involved in his transfer? Also fergie spoke directly with crewe director for powell and i remember it was him that agreed the fee for cantona onnthe phone for leeds chairman.

Also, read keanes book...fergie played pool with him and managed to persuade him to leave his blackburn agreement. dont underestimate the role of fergie in these things, considering most united players are not money driven (if not all) id say people dontngive two f*cks about david gill.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Is your thesis really on the Cantona painting?

it'd be preferable, economic impact of sporting events

Didnt kagawa say that fergie was highly involved in his transfer? Also fergie spoke directly with crewe director for powell and i remember it was him that agreed the fee for cantona onnthe phone for leeds chairman.

Also, read keanes book...fergie played pool with him and managed to persuade him to leave his blackburn agreement. dont underestimate the role of fergie in these things, considering most united players are not money driven (if not all) id say people dontngive two f*cks about david gill.

Rooney :mad:

My point is that it's common knowledge that Van Persie's preference is to join United.

The transfers you're referring to needed a bit of Fergie gold dust to persuade the players to join.

With RVP it's a matter of getting Arsenal to deal with United...more a role for David Gill in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

You have to feel a bit sorry for Wenger in these situations. No matter what happens he loses.

Best possible case scenario is he manages to flog RVP to a foreign club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Quandary wrote: »
    You have to feel a bit sorry for Wenger in these situations. No matter what happens he loses.

Not just Wenger really. Any manager faced with a situation like this. Players can have an incredible amount of power when their contracts are near running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What a signing he'd be. Cannot believe that Liverpool ever let him go.

As I am sure you are aware when Madrid come calling there is not whole lot that can be done to keep the player, especially him being Spanish & all they could offer him. Great player though, one of the best

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=1259552/

A personal plea , Really are journalists this caught for stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Quandary wrote: »

Entirely his own fault to be honest. he sold nasri, fabregas and a whole lot more and replaced with the likes of Jenkinson, Diaby and Walcott. Its a fergie style stubbornness that has seen alot of people lose respect for him. apart from this i think he is a great manager but his refusal to reinvest the money properly has cost him over the past 6 years.

As I am sure you are aware when Madrid come calling there is not whole lot that can be done to keep the player, especially him being Spanish & all they could offer him. Great player though, one of the best

Oh I know that but he has shown over the past few years that he really likes Liverpool. If anyone deserved a serious wage increase to be kept at a club then it was him. Anything just to keep him there.

Trying to find someone of his quality is a very costly exercise these days, as ye have found out in recent years (DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to get a dig in there, I'm being serious :)).

Anyway ye made a profit of £20 million on him so at least ye got something out of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Entirely his own fault to be honest. he sold nasri, fabregas and a whole lot more and replaced with the likes of Jenkinson, Diaby and Walcott. Its a fergie style stubbornness that has seen alot of people lose respect for him. apart from this i think he is a great manager but his refusal to reinvest the money properly has cost him over the past 6 years.

I think he had no choice in this matter. The club was paying off the debt caused by the stadium build. Hence project youth. It's only now that he is able to spend at a level closer to his main rivals. And as you can see, the purse strings seem to have been loosened somewhat.

He undoubtably does have a stubborn streak as you say, but as with Fergie, this is what makes him such an incredible manager as well as causing occasional failures.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement