Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

G.K. wrote: »
    Not Moutinho?

Been linked with him before and I dont think there has ever been anything but speculation.

Good player and has shown it at these Euros IMO, miles ahead of Veloso who is a similar sort of player. I think he's one of those who'll not want to leave Porto though, and they could (and would) hold potential suitors to ransom.

Dream world : Javi Martinez
    Real world : Ricky Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Also would love to see Banega at United, good midfielder who is very comfortable with the ball.

Would love to see Banega too but between him uploading a video of himself jacking it, him running himself over with a car and our history with Argentinian signings I don't think it's going to happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Moutinho is not great defensively, someone on another thread described him as being from the Paul Scholes school of defending, thats pretty accurate, in terms of a defensive midfielder Veloso would be ahead of him tbh, he is not someone I would be overly excited about getting either though, never fulfilled his potential from his early days at Sporting.

Moutinho, if he does leave would be a target for Spurs if they sell Modric I think, especially if AVB goes there, plenty of links to Chelsea during his time there. Moutinho is not a player we have a real need for at the moment.

so if modric goes to Real, i wonder what we will do with that money? previous experience is fergie will leave it as it is and just not spend it.

not alot of players left to go for at the top level of midfield players.

It almost reads like you think Modric is currently a United player about to be sold to Madrid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

So Kagawa turned down the chance to wear number 7.
    "I've just joined the team and haven't accomplished anything yet," Kagawa told journalists in Japan after his 12-hour return flight. "I want to make a name for myself [at United] on my own terms."

Kagawa added that he had asked for a number "with personal meaning"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If he asks for 69, he'd be a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Sacramento wrote: »
    It almost reads like you think Modric is currently a United player about to be sold to Madrid...

:confused::confused::confused::confused: what you talking about lad? how can something "almost" read?

we bidded for hazard apparently and we are in for modric apparently, so that would appear that we have a budget of about 30million to spend.

if we miss out on our top 2 targets, its not too strange to assume that the money will still be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I think we'll definitely sign a CM this Summer, and it'll be a good Summer. Next year in the PL will be the hardest yet. The points we got was surreal and I don't think that can be matched this season again.

Anderson could be in his way in any swap deal with Udinese I reckon. I could see him going there.

:confused::confused::confused::confused: what you talking about lad? how can something "almost" read?

we bidded for hazard apparently and we are in for modric apparently, so that would appear that we have a budget of about 30million to spend.

if we miss out on our top 2 targets, its not too strange to assume that the money will still be there.

Calm down I only having a laugh, I know well you don't actually think it. If you read your post again it can be seen that way is all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Samich wrote: »
    I think we'll definitely sign a CM this Summer, and it'll be a good Summer. Next year in the PL will be the hardest yet. The points we got was surreal and I don't think that can be matched this season again.

Anderson could be in his way in any swap deal with Udinese I reckon. I could see him going there.

For Asamoah?

He's as good as gone to Juve, Isla too. (i.e. they're waiting on a medical).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pj! wrote: »
    So Kagawa turned down the chance to wear number 7.
    Huh? Where does it mention there that he was offered the no. 7?

Samich wrote: »

I'd love to think we'll sign someone for CM this summer but I fear it might not happen.... I'm struggling to think who we could realistically get now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fenix wrote: »
    From Sean o'sullivan
    "Speculation from Japanese journos that Kagawa's getting no.23. Not gonna lie, it would be hilarious if "TC23" lost the 23."

I wouldn't be adverse to Clev losing the 23 either, think he should be concentrating on proving himself before setimg up his brand an all that bull****.

Good, I hope Kagawa gets it. Cleverley's website is a joke. Try to achieve something meaningful in football before you start building a brand for yourself. Beckham and Ronaldo had that kind of brand thing with the initials DB7 and CR7. Fair enough, they've won a shítload and proved themselves on the world stage. TC23 though, seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Meh, Cleverley's website is harmless.

Ridiculously cringeworthy and embarrassing, but nothing to get upset at the lad over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Vidic back to training next week supposedly.

Hope for his sake he gets back to a high level. It'd be horrible if he went the way Patrick Kisnorbo's for us. Our best defender, then ruptured his achilles and since coming back has just not been up to it. Terribly sad.

I realise Vidic had a different injury but if anything it was a worse one.

I would genuinely not be surprised if 12/13 sees United finish the season with Evans and Smalling established as 1st choice, for that very reason. It'd be a real pity for Vidic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Meh, Cleverley's website is harmless.

Ridiculously cringeworthy and embarrassing, but nothing to get upset at the lad over.

well fergie obviously thinks there is something wrong with him, hence why he dropped him after he came back from injury.

well fergie obviously thinks there is something wrong with him, hence why he dropped him after he came back from injury.

I'm only talking about the website - didn't say anything about why he was dropped or anything else. I was responding to Marston's post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Anyone know how much montolivo moved to Milan for? Himself and DeRossi are looking seriously good for Italy along with Pirlo being Pirlo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

VW 1 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much montolivo moved to Milan for? Himself and DeRossi are looking seriously good for Italy along with Pirlo being Pirlo.

Free transfer, out of contract.

Surprised we weren't even linked to him, quality midfielder.

€0

(Fiorentina contract expired)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

our 3 boys have been very poor tonight, young in particular

our 3 boys have been very poor tonight, young in particular
    Welbeck did very well.

Italians much like the Germans though seem to like staying in Italy for the most part. Obviously didn't know he was a free transfer wiki said he had a year left. Great business for Milan though.

• Advertisement

Welbeck did very well.
    what?? very well, funny he is off

what?? very well, funny he is off
    Poor performance is not the only reason a player can be subbed, you know?

Tbf, Welbeck played better than Rooney but of course Rooney wasn't going to be hooked after 60 mins because he is Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

True enough but he was awful!

ya, but he did not play very well, id say he played average, he is overrated, will never be a top world class striker, the more i see of him im beginning to think this

• Advertisement

?

The more I see Welbeck the more I'm convinced he'll be world class...

ya, but he did not play very well, id say he played average, he is overrated, will never be a top world class striker, the more i see of him im beginning to think this

List me strikers who were performing at a world class level at 20. My reckoning is you won't get more than 5.

Rooney being one. Ronaldo (Brazilian) being a second possibly. Neymar being a controversial one too.

Where were the likes of Drogba, Torres, Villa, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Benzema, Higuain etc at the age of 20. Welbeck has the world at his feet and the potential to be world class.

List me strikers who were performing at a world class level at 20. My reckoning is you won't get more than 5.

Rooney being one. Ronaldo (Brazilian) being a second possibly.

Where were the likes of Drogba, Torres, Villa, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Benzema, Higuain etc at the age of 20. Welbeck has the world at his feet and the potential to be world class.

i dont see it, its my opinion as a man utd fan i wont praise him or build him when i dont think he will ever reach the level those strikers have, a bit missing between the ears, obviously he plays for utd and england so im not saying he is totally crap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pirlo is bossing the game, watching this game and watching how much space and time he is getting to make all the passes, it only makes me feel how valuable Park is when Ji Sung "Parked" him in 2009-10.

I remember the commentator saying "Wherever Pirlo goes, Park can but wherever Park goes, Pirlo can't". That was some man marking that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Pirlo is bossing the game, watching this game and watching how much space and time he is getting to make all the passes, it only makes me feel how valuable Park is when Ji Sung "Parked" him in 2009-10.

I remember the commentator saying "Wherever Pirlo goes, Park can but wherever Park goes, Pirlo can't". That was some man marking that day.

Possibly Park's best performance in a United shirt. Id love to see him back performing like that next season. This year wasn't good for him.

If Park performs like that or anywhere near that level on a consistent basis, he is worth his squad place. But based on his performances over the past 12 months he doesn't deserve it. I suspect SAF will keep faith in him for one more season anyway, infuriating as it is as a Manchester fan.

Completely agree but everyone has a bad spell every once in a while so I see no reason to straight away ship Park out. I doubt he's one of the biggest drains on the wage bill and I think he knows he won't play every game so keeping him another year to see how he performs isn't the worst option.

Not one of the bigger drains on wages, but he lost a ridiculous percentage of games played this season, is that a coincidence??

Maybe not no, but our lack of a strong central midfield didn't help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lads are back now so. :(:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Lads are back now so. :(:)

Very poor tournament from Young in particular, Rooney wasn't much better despite his goal v Ukraine.

Hope they are firing come August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Probably would have done better if Rooney hadn't missed the first 2 games but sure.

Young was very good in the international friendlies before it started.

And Welly scored a peach. :)

Welbeck on the other had has been a revelation for England imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

They can go home now and relax for a while and plenty time to re-charge the batteries for August

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I have huge respect for what Park has given the club since he signed. His attitude is exemplary and by all accounts he is a genuinely nice lad off the field.

Saying that though, his time at Utd is done. He needs to be moved on and I would be disappointed to see him in a red shirt again next season.

I honestly don't think I could handle seeing a Park and Giggs centre mid pairing again.

haha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ROFL LMAO LOL HAHA ROFLCOPTER

Would you like to expand on that view?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have to ask. How did you think De Gea played last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney was awful for the two games he played,especially tonight. Young was marginally better but also had a very poor tournament overall.

Welbeck was the best of the three. Played well overall, a bit inconsistent but to be thrown in as a regular starter at this level and preform so well says everything about what lies in store for him in the future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement