Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Surely the Rodriguez stuff is all media hype?
    There's absolutely no sense to it.

Ya. And if they wern't English, they wouldn't be.

speechless.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Eathrin wrote: »
    Surely the Rodriguez stuff is all media hype?
    There's absolutely no sense to it.

Media hype in the sense that we are in for him or that he is pretty good? Albeit a head case (apparently)

I am sure United are interested in him, he is one of the best talents to come out of South America in a while, but not sure we are actually going to get him especially as a big money transfer, it certainly spells the end of Nani if true.

I would put it down to media speculation at this point that we have or are going to bid 25 million for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

kryogen wrote: »
    Media hype in the sense that we are in for him or that he is pretty good? Albeit a head case (apparently)

I am sure United are interested in him, he is one of the best talents to come out of South America in a while, but not sure we are actually going to get him especially as a big money transfer, it certainly spells the end of Nani if true.

I would put it down to media speculation at this point that we have or are going to bid 25 million for him

Honestly I haven't seen him much at all, is he that good?
    I don't know anything about the rumours really but surely it must be just silly media speculation. I don't need to say it again, we have 3-4 solid wingers already, unless as you said Nani is on the way out for one reason or another there's no doubt in my mind that it's a fabricated rumour.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Honestly I haven't seen him much at all, is he that good?
    I don't know anything about the rumours really but surely it must be just silly media speculation. I don't need to say it again, we have 3-4 solid wingers already, unless as you said Nani is on the way out for one reason or another there's no doubt in my mind that it's a fabricated rumour.

From what I have seen (and I would not be an expert, maybe 25 games or so) he is pretty good yes, very good actually, I would have no problem with him being bought by the club, except for what I think it would signal.

He is not an out an out winger really, but with the Kagawa signing I can't hink of anywhere else Fergie would stick him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I really don't like all this talk about Nani leaving :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nani is probably my favourite United player. Well, maybe after Chicharito. He better not leave. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Nani is probably my favourite United player. Well, maybe after Chicharito. He better not leave. :(
    I really want Nani to stay and I can't understand why he would. He is a key player for United and he doesn't appear to have any problems with Sir Alex. Is it his agent's doing?

His contract is being negotiated, he is one of the best right wingers in the world and he is always played on the left wing nearly these days at United, there a few reasons for why he would leave.

Hopefully he won't though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

@ManUtdStuff: Nani on future: “I’ve already won everything I could possibly win [at United] & football isn’t just the EPL. I want to broaden my horizon.”

From twitter. Doesn't sound great if true.

• Advertisement

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    @ManUtdStuff: Nani on future: “I’ve already won everything I could possibly win [at United] & football isn’t just the EPL. I want to broaden my horizon.”

From twitter. Doesn't sound great if true.

Twitter is the whore of babylon though

did you know Drogba is signing for barcelona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kryogen wrote: »
    Twitter is the whore of babylon though

did you know Drogba is signing for barcelona?

You really shouldn't be reading Balluge's tweets,the man is about as ITK as we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The Little Pea is on Twitter! :D

https://twitter.com/#!/CH14_

I did a quick google and a James Hicks comes up, Possibly another fake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rio 'verified' him, so I reckon it is real - Rio was introducing him before a tweet had been sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Nani left. He has been great fo us for a few years now but getting a decent winger to replace him is not as hard as getting a decent midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

zerks wrote: »
    You really shouldn't be reading Balluge's tweets,the man is about as ITK as we are.

His claim that he'd put all his money on Torres starting Spain's first game was priceless. He was definitely ITK for that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

I didn't think it sounded that genuine, but Rio Ferdinand was tweeting about him yestersday, saying everyone should welcome him.

Edit: What Mitch said...(damn slow computer)

Wouldn't be the end of the world if Nani left. He has been great fo us for a few years now but getting a decent winger to replace him is not as hard as getting a decent midfielder.

We're not talking about a decent winger though. Nani is world class. There aren't many on the market in his class, and they definitely aren't cheap.

zerks wrote: »

Oh christ I dont, I actually had to point out how ludicrous the Drogba stuff was in a couple of threads last night :D

Nani could be on his way, that is a harsh reality of football, but it will take more then Twitter to convince me its actually happening.

Im still hoping, and pretty convinced that its just the usual antics around contract renewal time, if he does sign a new deal it will be his last big contract really, it is the most important one of his career :)

• Advertisement

We're not talking about a decent winger though. Nani is world class. There aren't many on the market in his class, and they definitely aren't cheap.
    I agree but there are enough good wingers out there who could replace him adequately. Santi Cazorla would be nice.

^ hes older the Nani !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The Little Pea is on Twitter! :D

https://twitter.com/#!/CH14_

Seems pretty legit!! Taken from said twitter account!!

http://yfrog.com/7dw06jz

I agree but there are enough good wingers out there who could replace him adequately. Santi Cazorla would be nice.

He only moved club last year didn't he? Doubt he'd be up to moving again.

And I doubt Fergie would sell 25 yo Nani and replace him with a 27 yo, good and all as Cazorla is. If he's going to replace him I reckon it'll be with someone around 23.

He only moved club last year didn't he? Doubt he'd be up to moving again.

And I doubt Fergie would sell 25 yo Nani and replace him with a 27 yo, good and all as Cazorla is. If he's going to replace him I reckon it'll be with someone around 23.

He will be 28 in December :)

Would not fit the Fergie buying policy really. Rodriguez would be a more suitable target for the same money for his age (re sale value)

Relax, I'm not saying we will sign Cazorla. Just giving an example of a decent replacement off the top of my head. Malaga don't need the money either. Loads of reasons why he wouldn't come.

The point is that wingers, or people who can at least play as a nominal winger and do a good job, are fairly common at the minute. There always seems to be good wingers around.

Basically, Nani is replaceable. The only person in United's squad I would be truly devastated at losing is Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Nani leaving would be a huge disaster. we dont have many superstar flair players, nani is one of them.

a massive step back and bad news for the club if he left us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Malaga are back by Qatari's, they aren't going to be selling their best players.

Also, the fact that Nani is proven quality in the Premiership, Carzorla isn't used to the EPL, and I don't believe he speaks English. It would be a big unnecessary risk.

I honestly wouldn't swap Nani for any other attacking player who we could realistically sign.

In further news from twitter

I know its twitter but it has quotation marks which means its real right??

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterBolton3/status/217547803528929280

Edit:Link working?

• Advertisement

Relax, I'm not saying we will sign Cazorla. Just giving an example of a decent replacement off the top of my head. Malaga don't need the money either. Loads of reasons why he wouldn't come.

The point is that wingers, or people who can at least play as a nominal winger and do a good job, are fairly common at the minute. There always seems to be good wingers around.

Basically, Nani is replaceable. The only person in United's squad I would be truly devastated at losing is Rooney.

Is it wrong that I would be at least as depressed about Nani leaving as I would Rooney?

We would need a special player to be a replacement for Nani, a normal winger would not be good enough, we have a normal winger in Valencia, we need a match winner (like Nani) to compliment that, his importance to the team cannot be understated tbh, it is only because of the injury he had last season that people seem to be forgetting it I think.

When Nani plays well the team plays well, when Nani is quiest we struggle.

Nani leaving would be a huge disaster. we dont have many superstar flair players, nani is one of them.

a massive step back and bad news for the club if he left us.

Signing Rodriguez would potentially solve/replace that. Flair player certainly, not a superstar yet but could be a year after his next move - which could be to us. From what I have seen a learned of him he is a genuine left sided attacker too, which United lack.

Not saying I want Nani sold, but if he was replaced with Rodriguez I'd be less than suicidal. It would be a big gamble though, as however frustrating Nani is we have no idea how Rodriguez may adapt - could be Ronaldo, could be Reyes.

Link works - and I don't think that fella is known for windups so it could be genuine. Or it could be they are 'mocking' silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I'm a big fan but losing Nani wouldnt be the end of the world, this is Man United, they've lost better players than him in the past, they move on. He might want to leave, hes been long enough at Old Trafford.

Link works - and I don't think that fella is known for windups so it could be genuine. Or it could be they are 'mocking' silly season.

If genuine at least it shows everyone including people at the top know we need strengthening.

Also tweets of SAF back at Carrington this morning!!

Things night just move along quicker now, with July 1st coming up soon also.

Also tweets of SAF back at Carrington this morning!!

Things night just move along quicker now, with July 1st coming up soon also.

According to the United page on Facebook he returned yesterday.

I don't think we know how lucky we are having had the same manager for so long. If I was a Chelsea or Tottenham fan I'd be on edge at the moment wondering who was taking care of business at the club. If the talks stall then a few weeks of precious preparation time are lost.

• Advertisement

True. Its nice to know the boss is back and looking after things.

Also on nani anyone know what wage braket he is in? Is he one of our top paid's?

Rio 'verified' him, so I reckon it is real - Rio was introducing him before a tweet had been sent.
    I didn't think it sounded that genuine, but Rio Ferdinand was tweeting about him yestersday, saying everyone should welcome him.

Edit: What Mitch said...(damn slow computer)
    Seems pretty legit!! Taken from said twitter account!!

http://yfrog.com/7dw06jz

That video confirms its a real account , thanks lads

EDIT: just seen that Tony V is following him, its definitely legit now :pac:

peter bolton is normally a good lad and fairly reliable. however, i dont think anybody would be surprised to see us sign 2 players, i just fear its clyne and baines :(

signing 2 fullbacks and an unproven 18 year old from Crewe, would be an untold disaster of a summer from United.

people banging on about Baines honestly need to get their head out of the sand and realise if we sign him, we are not going to solve our CM problem probably and thus, are in deep deep s*it again this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

peter bolton is normally a good lad and fairly reliable. however, i dont think anybody would be surprised to see us sign 2 players, i just fear its clyne and baines :(

signing 2 fullbacks and an unproven 18 year old from Crewe, would be an untold disaster of a summer from United.

people banging on about Baines honestly need to get their head out of the sand and realise if we sign him, we are not going to solve our CM problem probably and thus, are in deep deep s*it again this year.

Change the record will ya ffs.

For all the talk about us being linked apparently with all sorts of players, official or not, has there been any solid link been made with us and Baines?

• Advertisement

True. Its nice to know the boss is back and looking after things.

Also on nani anyone know what wage braket he is in? Is he one of our top paid's?

He is not in the top bracket, he wants to be in the top bracket now which is what the club is negotiating now Id assume.

Andrew Kilduff
    @TuftyMUFC

A member of the Everton backroom staff was telling people last night that he expects Leighton Baines to sign for ‪#mufc‬ within the next week.

As long as he doesn't cost too much Id be happy

Peter Bolton admitting on twitter that Baines is one of the players out of two united are hoping to get. Also admits in same sentence its a rumour.

But he will - you can be sure he will be around 15million, which I just don't understand.

I do think we need to bring in a left back, but we only need a rotation option/back up option for Evra, we don't need to completely replace him. Baines at that price, for the role, doesn't make sense. Would be better signing a young promising player at half the price and saving the rest for midfield.

As Homer says, if United ignore the midfield issue yet again we have no chance in the PL this season, or Europe. Giggs and Scholes should not be relied on this season, they should be a bonus. That leaves Carrick as the only trustworthy central midfielder at United - a disgraceful situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Andrew Kilduff
    @TuftyMUFC

A member of the Everton backroom staff was telling people last night that he expects Leighton Baines to sign for ‪#mufc‬ within the next week.

That lad knows nothing,he just picks up stuff from twitter and rehashes it as his own news.
    I unfollowed him last year over his non-stop bullshìt about Sneijder.
    Man he pissed me the f**k off.

But he will - you can be sure he will be around 15million, which I just don't understand.

I do think we need to bring in a left back, but we only need a rotation option/back up option for Evra, we don't need to completely replace him. Baines at that price, for the role, doesn't make sense. Would be better signing a young promising player at half the price and saving the rest for midfield.

As Homer says, if United ignore the midfield issue yet again we have no chance in the PL this season, or Europe. Giggs and Scholes should not be relied on this season, they should be a bonus. That leaves Carrick as the only trustworthy central midfielder at United - a disgraceful situation.

Agreed, a CM is where most of the money should be spent. Buy a midfielder first then spend whats left of the budget on a left back i how id prefer to see it happen

Agreed, a CM is where most of the money should be spent. Buy a midfielder first then spend whats left of the budget on a left back i how id prefer to see it happen

Baines is not a budget left back, he is anything but that. he will cost about 12m to 15m.

a budget lb is somebody who would cost about 3 to 4 million. hopefully its all bull and we are not interested at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I hope our business is done. The only reason i can see us buying again is if Nani leaves. Which would be a disaster.

I hope our business is done. The only reason i can see us buying again is if Nani leaves. Which would be a disaster.

how can you hope we are done? Hope for a central midfielder or all hope is lost!

What a crazy thing to say. We still need more investment in a few areas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement