Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we dont sign at least 1 Top CM(hopefully 2) then we be doing well to get CL spot next season.

We may have lost the PL on GD, but the sometimes nervy Man City will be no more next season and they will get better as will Chelsea.

We dont have hope of doing anything in Europe unless we get it sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If we dont sign at least 1 Top CM(hopefully 2) then we be doing well to get CL spot next season.

We may have lost the PL on GD, but the sometimes nervy Man City will be no more next season and they will get better as will Chelsea.

We dont have hope of doing anything in Europe unless we get it sorted.

And on top of that Arsenal have been busy this summer too. Podolski, Giroud, Wilshere back in the fold and in all likelyhood another centre midfielder.

We need that CM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Lads, the transfer window is just open properly. Give it until the middle of August for the bitching about lack of CMs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

DB21 wrote: »
    Lads, the transfer window is just open properly. Give it until the middle of August for the bitching about lack of CMs :pac:
    you could have said the same thing since the summer of 2009.

any signings united make last month of summer is a long drawn out saga that we've all known about for a year.

I guarantee there will be no cms signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Would love to see Baines join us,good left back with a great left foot,I think Fergie might push Evra further forward as we have seen him do before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Seen Miguel Delaney just tweet back to Homer there.

Claims Baines is very likely and the club is preparing a bid for Moutinho.

moutinho has something like a 38m release clause. It won't happen and he's a euro flash. He's not consistantly that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Leftist wrote: »
    moutinho has something like a 38m release clause. It won't happen and he's a euro flash. He's not consistantly that good.

People really need to stop paying attention to release clause figures

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I liked how Moutinho played against Spain but I dont think we should sign him. We could have got him for 10 Million Euro last season or even less as it transfer was between rivals now we have to deal with Porto so it will be around 30 million, for which we can sign better players imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

People really need to stop paying attention to release clause figures

It would take something close to it to sign him for the reasons I have already outlined in previous posts on the matter

• Advertisement

is mendez his agent? i think that should be the first thing considered for any overseas player, especially if they are based in portugal or spain.

if not then it's a non-starter.

hopefully big mendez is out there with a bag full of sandwiches, spotting us the new bebe. That'll be 3.5m please mr. gill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Would love to see Baines join us,good left back with a great left foot,I think Fergie might push Evra further forward as we have seen him do before.
    No chance that Evra will play further forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mendes is his agent according to the portuguese lad i work with who is well up in his local football.

that surely would see him sign for us, IF we were interested in him.

is mendez his agent? i think that should be the first thing considered for any overseas player, especially if they are based in portugal or spain.

hopefully big mendez is out there with a bag full of sandwiches, spotting us the new bebe. That'll be 3.5m please mr. gill.

Javier Hernandez

Mendes is his agent according to the portuguese lad i work with who is well up in his local football.

deals on then. We'll break the bank if mendes can get a share.
    kryogen wrote: »
    Javier Hernandez

be surprised if chico even visited spain or portugal prior to joining to united.

deals on then. We'll break the bank if mendes can get a share.

be surprised if chico even visited spain or portugal prior to joining to united.

Ah but he was an overseas player, shooting your generalisation to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

God almighty, we all know Mid needs strengthening but people saying we wont get European football and the like if we dont sign, it's just ridiculous...

I will be disappointed if we don't sign someone in midfield myself yes, but I won't overreact and have a protest!

SAF is one of the most successful and best managers the game has ever seen. At the least he deserves a bit more respect (from some) and even a bit more faith might go a long way.

Ah but he was an overseas player, shooting your generalisation to ****.
    i think that should be the first thing considered for any overseas player, especially if they are based in portugal or spain.

jump first, ask questions later.

Fenix wrote: »
    God almighty, we all know Mid needs strengthening but people saying we wont get European football and the like if we dont sign, it's just ridiculous...

I will be disappointed if we don't sign someone in midfield myself yes, but I won't overreact and have a protest!

SAF is one of the most successful and best managers the game has ever seen. At the least he deserves a bit more respect (from some) and even a bit more faith might go a long way.

I am, pretty sure we will manage a top 4 finish with or without a midfield signing, but that is not what the club should be aiming for. You surely agree with that?

To win the league we need to improve the midfield, do you agree with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I guarantee there will be no cms signed.

How can you guarantee that exactly?

You are guessing, you think its probably the case but you cant in any way guarantee it.

• Advertisement

Do you see the difference?

Your claim is that unless Mendes is his agent (any overseas player, but especially one from Spain or Portugal) it is a non runner.

Poor phrasing maybe

adox wrote: »
    How can you guarantee that exactly?

You are guessing, you think its probably the case but you cant in any way guarantee it.

guarantee it for a euro.

I'll send you a euro if we sign someone in cm. Actually we already have, powell from crewe. Anyone else though and that euro is yours, deal? but you have to send me a euro if we don't.

Do you see the difference?

Your claim is that unless Mendes is his agent (any overseas player, but especially one from Spain or Portugal) it is a non runner.

Poor phrasing maybe

I'm only going on Saf's comments regarding agents this summer.

he mentioned something about finding the right player with the right agent. it looks like he's getting more stubborn about agents. Hence the likelihood of using mendes again.

guarantee it for a euro.

I'll send you a euro if we sign someone in cm. Actually we already have, powell from crewe. Anyone else though and that euro is yours, deal? but you have to send me a euro if we don't.

Hold on. You are guaranteeing something and are so confident you are offering me an evens bet on a Euro? Lol - you must be very confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fenix wrote: »

Why is it ridiculous?

Hold on. You are guaranteeing something and are so confident you are offering me an evens bet on a Euro? Lol - you must be very confident.

o.k then you give me 5euro if we don't sign anyone and I will give you a euro if we do?

o.k then you give me 5euro if we don't sign anyone and I will give you a euro if we do?

Yeah, that seems fair for something you can guarantee is going to happen. :pac:

Yeah, that seems fair for something you can guarantee is going to happen. :pac:

deal. everyone seen that. 5euros if we don't sign another cm.

we've already got:
    scholes
    giggs
    fletcher (won't be let go yet)
    anderson (could poo on fergie's chest and still get another chance)
    cleverley (it will take saf 3 years to cotton on to this chancer)
    carrick
    powell
    park (can't but will be played cm in times of need)
    wouldn't be surprised to see kagawa/rooney/jones there

no hope of a new cm.

Eh it was a joke, hence the smiley.

Your logic is bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Andrew Lindsay BBC ‏@LindsayBBC
    #MUFC fullback #Rafael signs deal to 2016. Sir Alex Ferguson: "He has all the attributes to become one of the best full-backs in the world."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just hope Fergie plays him in most games now he is by far out best rb .

Eh it was a joke, hence the smiley.

Your logic is bizarre.
    no take backs.

not sure that my logic is that bizarre, i've listed 6/7 players currently at the club that can play the two positions in questions. And another 3/5 players that can play there as emergency.

the logic here is that Ferguson will see enough bodies.

no take backs.

not sure that my logic is that bizarre, i've listed 6/7 players currently at the club that can play the two positions in questions. And another 3/5 players that can play there as emergency.

the logic here is that Ferguson will see enough bodies.
    You havent a hope of getting money out of me with your ridiculous bet.

You are totally missing the point. There is no way you can guarantee that we wont sign a player. Its nothing to do with the likely hood of us signing or not signing a player.

The fact that you came up with a stupid bet(an evens odds bet) to try and back up your point is also ridiculous.

Rafael signed a new 4 year deal, good news

If only he had your amazing insight.

• Advertisement

You havent a hope of getting money out of me with your ridiculous bet.

You are totally missing the point. There is no way you can guarantee that we wont sign a player. Its nothing to do with the likely hood of us signing or not signing a player.

The fact that you came up with a stupid bet(an evens odds bet) to try and back up your point is also ridiculous.

looks like someone is welshing already.

if it helps I can accept instalments of 2x2euros and 1x euro payable until year end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

looks like someone is welshing already.

if it helps I can accept instalments of 2x2euros and 1x euro payable until year end.

Can you just drop this please? It is infuriatingly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Think the ignore button might have to be implemented soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Couldn't Fabio be our solution at left back? Though he's probably regressed over the course of the last season with his lack of game time.

it's obviously a silly joke, jesus christ, of course I can't guarantee united won't sign anyone, i'm just exaggerating based on my confidence.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Couldn't Fabio be our solution at left back? Though he's probably regressed over the course of the last season with his lack of game time.

I think so, but I'm not sure Fergie does, he really needs games, he just needs to play football. He has all the attributes to be a top full back, could even be a midfielder tbh he is technical brilliant but he needs to play now. If that is not at United then he must go on loan to a good team and get proper experience.

I would love to see him make it, but even if he is to be sold off the club will easily make profit on him anyway so will have been a good punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Felexicon

we've already got:
    scholes
    giggs
    fletcher (won't be let go yet)
    anderson (could poo on fergie's chest and still get another chance)
    carrick
    powell
    park (can't but will be played cm in times of need)
    wouldn't be surprised to see kagawa/rooney/jones there

no hope of a new cm.
    Really?
    I've been quite impressed with what I've seen of him so far. He hasn't played enough top flight games to be considered top class or a solution to our problems but calling him a chancer at this stage seems premature imo.

Also I would be very surprised to see Rooney or Kagawa at CM, Jones may get the odd run there in a defensive role.

Glad to see Rafael signed an extension. Really like what he offers playing behind Valencia. Will be a big season for him this year, needs to show improvement in some areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Eathrin wrote: »

Yes watch Fabio go have a great loan this season . I also think we might see Rafael at Lb this season if we don't sign anyone and Evra needs a rest or has an injury .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Your Portuguese lad is wrong. Mendes is the agent for 17 of Portugal's squad of 23 at the Euros. Moutinho is not one of them, neither are Eduardo, Beto, Rolando, Costa and Varela.

Moutinho's agent is Pini Zahavi who we used to do quite a bit of business with years ago. He's corrupt as hell, but then again they all are. He has a lot of ties to Mendes however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I just hope now with Rafael tied up to a long term contract that we start seeing some faith shown in him again.
    I would give him the no2 jersey and play him whenever he is fit.
    I know this can't be guaranteed as you could throw in smalling for height against certain teams.
    But Rafael and Valencias partnership is a throw back to the days of Neville bombing past Beckham.

Your Portuguese lad is wrong. Mendes is the agent for 17 of Portugal's squad of 23 at the Euros. Moutinho is not one of them, neither are Eduardo, Beto, Rolando, Costa and Varela.

Moutinho's agent is Pini Zahavi who we used to do quite a bit of business with years ago. He's corrupt as hell, but then again they all are. He has a lot of ties to Mendes however.

Moutinho is also one of those beautiful players who is part owned by a third party. He also has a % of his sale fee going to Sporting, 25%, his transfer would cost too much and be too complicated for United to try imo.

Chelsea who have stronger ties with Pini might give it a go though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Fabio may be loaned out already.

He's listed in the QPR squad here http://www.soccerway.com/players/fabio-pereira-da-silva/61064/

I can't find any other info on it though.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Really?
    I've been quite impressed with what I've seen of him so far. He hasn't played enough top flight games to be considered top class or a solution to our problems but calling him a chancer at this stage seems premature imo.

he's not really a chancer, i completely misread the attitude here tbh, local united support traditionally has a culture of light hearted self depreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Theres a distinct smell of a particular posting style around the place today....please dont gall for this clown a 3rd time.

Schism wrote: »
    Fabio may be loaned out already.

He's listed in the QPR squad here http://www.soccerway.com/players/fabio-pereira-da-silva/61064/

I can't find any other info on it though.

Ah for **** sake not them!

Christ, I hope he gets to play anyway :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement